R and B
is an acrostic for rab.
On this page:
Definition of the noun r and b
What does r and b mean as a name of something?
- a combination of blues and jazz that was developed in the United States by Black musicians; an important precursor of rock 'n' roll
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of R and B: rhythm and blues
- more generic terms: African-American music / black music = music created by African-American musicians; popular music / popular music genre = any genre of music having wide appeal
R And B a.k.a. R&B is a musical group.
- album: "Lucky 7"
- R And B a.k.a. Contemporary R&B: Contemporary R&B, also known as simply R&B, is a music genre that combines elements of rhythm and blues, soul, funk, pop, hip hop and dance.
- R And B a.k.a. Rhythm and blues, often abbreviated to R&B or RnB, is a genre of popular African-American music that originated in the 1940s. The term was originally used by record companies to describe recordings marketed predominantly to urban African Americans, at a time when "urbane, rocking, jazz based music with a heavy, insistent beat" was becoming more popular. In the commercial rhythm and blues music typical of the 1950s through the 1970s, the bands usually consisted of piano, one or two guitars, bass, drums, saxophone, and sometimes background vocalists. R&B lyrical themes often encapsulate the African-American experience of pain and the quest for freedom and joy. Lyrics focus heavily on the themes of triumphs and failures in terms of relationships, freedom, economics, aspirations, and sex.
- also known as R&B, RnB
- subgenre of Black gospel, Soul music, Zouk
- "R And B" a.k.a. "R&B" is a musical album of Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo.
- released on (22 years ago)
- "R And B" a.k.a. "R&B" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Ken Hirai
"R And B" a.k.a. "R&B" is a book by Norman Kelley.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for R and B
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hlingit Word Encyclopedia (2011)
The Origin of Copper by Sally-Anne Lambert
Y develops out of r and b R is not a popular sound in every language. In Polynesia, the r is absent in Samoan, the father language of Polynesia. But it appears in Maori and Cook ...
Encyclopedia of Physics (2009)
by Joe Rosen
In the figure, the red and blue components of white light from the object O each form a separate image, R and B, respectively. (b) In astigmatism, parts of the object O having different orientations, vertical and horizontal in the figure, are imaged ...
by Michel Millodot
S, G, H, F, R and B). Test charts either mix these letters or use letters of similar difficulty; the latter facilitates standardization of charts. length, equivalent focal In an ...
A Maldivian Dictionary (2003)
by Christopher Hanby Baillie Reynolds
in names of atolls Maajos-madulu (R and B) and Miladun-madulu (R and N); arithmetical factor 3426 MATA ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for R and B
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about R and B
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about R and B
Anagrams of R AND B
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of R and B!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of R and B to see it in context!