On this page:
- Definition of the noun racism
- Phrases with Racism
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Racism
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Racism
- Photos about Racism
- Video language resources about Racism
- Sign language
- Quotes about Racism
- Scrabble value of R1A1C3I1S1M3
- Anagrams of RACISM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun racism
What does racism mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: racisms
- the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic words: bias / preconception / prejudice = a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
- more specific terms:
- discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of racism: racial discrimination / racialism
- more generic words: discrimination / favoritism / favouritism = unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice
- more specific term: racial profiling = a form of racism consisting of the (alleged) policy of policemen who stop and search vehicles driven by persons belonging to particular racial groups
Alternative definition of the noun racism
- The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.
- The belief that one race is superior to all others.
- Prejudice or discrimination based upon race.
Specialised definition of the noun racism
Glossary of sports
the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
"Racism" is a musical album by The UV Race.
- released in
- "Racism" is a book by Ali Rattansi, published on (7 years ago).
- "Racism" is a book by Subhas Ramcharan.
- also known as "Racism: nonwhites in Canada"
- "Racism" is a book by Magnus Hirschfeld.
Racism is a published work, translation.
Phrases with Racism
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Racism
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Doman Lum
states, “Racism is any behavior or pattern of behavior that tends to systematically deny access to opportunities or privileges to members of...
by Carolyn M. Jones, Theodore Louis Trost
Paul Kivel: "Racism is the institutionalization of social injustice based on skin color, other physical characteristics, and cultural...
Catholic Bishops: " Racism is a sin that divides the human family, blots out the image of God among specific ...
Actions, Reasons and Reason (2015)
by Marco Iorio, Ralf Stoecker
Racism is a motive for humiliation, discrimination, violations of dignity and other highly objectionable wrongs. But those moral wrongs can...
Part of what defines racism is that it is an attitude towards people of a certain race. But that does not ...
by James Lynch, Celia Modgil, Sohan Modgil
INTRODUCTION Racism is an evil. Indeed...
by Bertrand Badie, Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Leonardo Morlino
Racism is a set of beliefs, practices, and social structures that treats groups of human beings socially defined by unalterable, often physical, attributes (races) as inherently unequal. Racism is a form of subordination and exclusion. It is a part of ...
Obamaism Is Socialism (2010)
by Mattie Jaxx
“Real racism is a president that is trying to impoverish America! America is broke, and all...
“Real Racism is that this tin horn regime has not been impeached yet.
“Real Racism is the bias blasphemer liberal slanted news media. They do not ...
In 1995, Richard Delgado, one of the major contributors to CRT, emphasized, “ Because racism is an ingrained feature of our landscape, it looks ordinary and...
Cultural Nationalism, Multiculturalism, and the Politics of Toleration by G. Gordon Betts
Racism is a complex problem that has several underlying factors, both psychological and social, notably deprivation and "inequality." It appears that racism has become the ultimate Western "heresey." In a multicultural society, any of its ...
by Robert Leach
Racism is an ideology with very significant political implications manifest in other societies past and present where...
Public Health Nursing (2015)
Population-Centered Health Care in the Community by Marcia Stanhope, Jeanette Lancaster
Individual racism refers to discriminatory behavior or acts directed toward individuals or groups because of identified characteristics, such as skin color, hair texture, and facial features. Institutional racism refers to discriminatory behavior or acts ...
by Bill E. Lawson
Racism is a formidable weapon for fighting a racially different opponent. If it did not already exist, classes...
Intercultural Communication (2009)
A Contextual Approach by James William Neuliep
Racism refers to a belief that one racial group is superior to others, and that other racial groups are necessarily inferior. To be ethnocentric, but not racist, is possible. To be racist, and not ethnocentric, is probably unlikely. In other words, you ...
by Todd D. Nelson
For example, aversive racism is a modern form of prejudice that characterizes the racial attitudes of many White adults...
by Ernest Cashmore
Racism is "pervasive" and "permeates society on both the individual and institutional level, covertly and overtly," they wrote. Later writers, such as Douglas Glasgow, sought to restrict the use of the concept to express the fact that, in the 1960s ...
Volume 8: Environment by Martin Melosi
Initially, as seen in the Bean case, “environmental justice” existed as “ environmental racism.” Credited with coining the term, Benjamin Muhammad ( formerly Rev. Benjamin Chavis Jr.) defines environmental racism as racial discrimination in ...
Encyclopedia of Ethics: P-W (2001)
by Lawrence C. Becker, Charlotte B. Becker
Insofar as we take racism to be a morally unacceptable phenomenon, we think that whether someone or something is racist should be largely independent of chance. We want to hold people (and, sometimes, institutions) responsible, not see ...
by Guido Bolaffi
In contrast, Macpherson specifically ruled that the police's failures were due to institutional racism and came up with this new definition of it as 'the collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people ...
A-E by Charles Donald Spielberger
The correlation is larger when racial prejudice is assessed with a measure of contemporary racism than when it is assessed with a measure of old- fashioned racism, and it is smaller yet when it is assessed as pure anti-Black affect. Because of ...
Dictionary Of Social Work (2010)
The Definitive A to Z of Social Work and Social Care by John Pierson
The report also made it clear that part of the problem was ignorance and stereotyping, demonstrating that the line between institutional and intentional racism is a fine one in practice. The indignant police reaction to the report tended to ...
by Robert C. Smith
See also CIVIL RIGHTS CASES OF 1883, DISPARATE TREATMENT, INDIVIDUAL RACISM, and SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION . Further reading: John R. Howard, The Shifting Wind: The Supreme Court and Civil Rights from Reconstruction to ...
by R. J. Barry Jones
The term 'racism' refers to the theory that human characteristics and abilities are determined by RACF. and to the practices of hostility towards and annihilation, sterilization, separation (apartheid) and deportation of the excluded 'races'.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Racism
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Racism
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mikecogh
Photo credit: Killer Idea
Photo credit: luisjromero
Photo credit: AnveshPandra
- STOP! racism
Photo credit: Ata pata
- Love Music Hate Racism
Members of the organisation seen here at Piccadilly Gardens on Saturday 2nd March.
This is the final photo of demonstration-releated pics taken on that day
Photo credit: Gene Hunt
- RACISM IS...
Has Sergio been at it again, or is this the preference of new tenants?
Photo credit: Newtown grafitti
- Stop Racism
Photo credit: Taymaz Valley
View more pictures about Institutional racism.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Racism
Click on an item to play that video:
- Michelle Obama's Definition of Racism Will Shock You
First Lady reveals appalling example of 'stereotyping' in Target store.
- Racism Meaning
Video shows what racism means. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.. The belief that one race is superior to all others.. Prejudice or ...
- Hannity, Herman Cain Rail Against 'Hopeless' Chris Matthews For His Racism Definition
4/3/13 - On his show Tuesday night, Sean Hannity went after MSNBC host Chris Matthews, who, earlier this week, offered up a very specific definition of racism.
- The real definition of racism!! 2 P1
- Super Moron Chris Matthews Gives His Definition of Racism
What an idiot.
- DireTube News - Ethiopia demands explanation from Israel for racism
DireTube News - Ethiopia demands explanation from Israel for racism Ethiopian Foreign Ministry expresses concern over 'police brutality' in Israel and 'years of ...
- Wintley Phipps sings Here's One ; Gives definition for racism
- Riccardo's racism explanation
Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at...
- The real definition of racism!! P2 P7
- The real definition of racism!! P2 P6
by gw3 ex.
- The real definition of racism!! 2 P1
- The Meaning Of Racism
Share this with those annoying people that overuse the term Racist.
- The real definition of racism!! 2 P4
- On the meaning of the word "racism", and other thoughts.
This should be fun. Cheers.
- Brief explanation regarding the term "Racism"
- LANGUAGE BUSTERS Cigarettes,Racism, Jungle Roads Christophe Clugston
- Unqualify Jerk Driving BMW, plate# E64 DEM + Racism Language on Decarie.
Warning: Some foul language there. THis guy was driving recklessly off ramp with no flashers, slowing down from the traffic in front and spit racism hatred ...
- Racism Report for Language Arts
- Analyzing the Language of Race and Racism in Social Interaction with Angela Reyes
Analyzing the Language of Race and Racism in Social Interaction with Angela Reyes at Teachers College, Columbia University.
See also the pronunciation examples of Racism!
Mona talks about Sign Language & Racism
Cigar City Comedy Showcase | August 2013.
Quotes about Racism
Scrabble value of R1A1C3I1S1M3
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine