On this page:
- Ray Stevens: Harold Ray Ragsdale, known professionally as Ray Stevens, is an American country and pop singer-songwriter and comedian.
- also known as Harold Ray Ragsdale; Stevens, Ray; Harold R. Ragsdale
- born on (76 years ago) in Georgia
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Georgia State University
- profession: Songwriter, singer, singer-songwriter, comedian
- member of musical group Chet Atkins And Ray Stevens
- genres: Country, Pop music, Novelty song
- albums: "#1 With a Bullet", "1,837 Seconds of Humor / This Is Ray Stevens", "12 Hits", "1,837 Seconds of Humor", "20 Comedy Hits", "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Ray Stevens", "A Brighter Day", "A Funny Thing Happened in Church Today", "Ahab the Arab", "All-Time Greatest Hits", "All-Time Hits", "At His Best", "Back 2 Back", "Be Your Own Best Friend", "Beside Myself", "Boogity Boogity", "Both Sides of Ray Stevens", "Box Set", "Classic Masters", "Classic Ray Stevens", "Collection", "Collector's Series", "Cornball", "Crackin Up", "Do You Wanna Dance?", "Don't Laugh Now", "Ear Candy", "Even Stevens", "Everything Is Beautiful", "Everything Is Beautiful & Other Hits", "Everything Is Beautiful / Unreal!!!", "Feel the Music", "Five More Steps / Tingle", "Funniest Characters", "Funny Man", "Get Serious! The ORIGINAL Movie Soundtrack", "Get the Best of Ray Stevens", "Gitarzan", "Golden Classics/Collector's Edition", "Great Gospel Songs", "Greatest Hits", "Greatest Hits, Volume 2", "Greatest Hits: The 50th Anniversary Collection", "Guitarzan", "Have a Little Talk with Myself"
- TV series:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance - "Gitarzan"
- nominated to Grammy Award for Record of the Year - "Everything Is Beautiful"
- nominated to Grammy Award for Song of the Year - "Everything Is Beautiful"
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance - "Everything Is Beautiful"
- Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance - "Everything Is Beautiful"
- nominated to Country Music Association Award for Song of the Year - "The Streak"
- nominated to Country Music Association Award for Single of the Year - "The Streak", with Barnaby Records
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s) - "Misty"
- nominated to Juno Award for International Single of the Year - "The Streak"
- Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s) - "Misty" (Arranger)
- official website: www.raystevens.com
- Ray Stevens: Carl Ray Stevens, better known as Ray "The Crippler" Stevens or Ray "Blond Bomber" Stevens, was an American professional wrestler. Stevens was a wrestling superstar since the early years of the television era until he retired during the early 1990s. His performances and hard bumping style inspired generations of heel wrestlers who have attempted to emulate his ability to provide high quality and heat generating matches that continuously bring in huge crowds of fans. He was well known for using two different finishing moves in his many victories: the "Bombs Away" knee drop and the piledriver. Stevens wrestled as both a singles performer and in tag team matches with a variety of partners. In 2006, he was inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.
- also known as Carl Raymond Stevens, Carl Ray Stevens, Ray "The Crippler" Stevens, Ray "Blond Bomber" Stevens, Ray Shire, The Crippler
- born on (80 years ago) in Point Pleasant
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Wrestler
- Marriage with Theresa Theis between and (20 years)
- parent of
- died on (19 years ago) in Fremont
- filmography: played Wrestler #21 in "Paradise Alley"
- TV series:
- Ray Stevens: Raymond Alexander Stevens, MP is an Australian politician who is the Leader of the House in the Legislative Assembly of Queensland.
- Ray Stevens a.k.a. Henri Vernes: Charles-Henri-Jean Dewisme, better known by his pen name Henri Vernes, is an author of action and science-fiction novels, of which has he published over 200 titles. He is most noted for the creation of the character Bob Morane, a hero whose adventures spanned fifty years and went from straight adventure and science-fiction to fantasy. Vernes also wrote the text of many comics albums and animated movies.
- read more about Henri Vernes (writer)
- Ray Stevens is a former English badminton player. A winner of numerous English national championships and international titles in both singles and doubles, his strengths were his power, tenacity, and concentration.
- born on (64 years ago)
- nationality: England
- Ray Stevens is a film editor.
- profession: Film editor
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ray Stevens
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Oregon Teachers' Monthly (1901)
Ray Stevens is a stenographer in the Clay county bank in Minnesota; Miss Inez Depew is teaching at Hood River; Mr. Leslie Coons is ...
by Frank Hoffmann
Among the artists signedto Monument during the 1960s and early 1970s were Kris Kristofferson, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, the Gatlin Brothers, Ray Stevens, and Tony JoeWhite. Fosterpurchased a studio, openeda WestCoast branch ...
American Countercultures: An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History (2015)
An Encyclopedia of Nonconformists, Alternative Lifestyles, and Radical Ideas in U.S. History by Gina Misiroglu
Popular novelty-music artist Ray Stevens recorded a song about the fad, ...
An International Encyclopedia from 5000 B.C. to the 21st Century by Diagram Group
Phil Richardson, Graham Rosewarne Kerrigan Blackman, Steve Clifton, Richard Colville, Neil Connell, Roger Davis, Lee Griffiths, Alan Harris, Steve Hollingshead, Richard Prideaux, Kate Proud, Andrew Riley, Ray Stevens, Amanda Stiller, ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
the Arab ̄, Ray Stevens gave aloud public voice to this ...
by Vincent Terrace
Hostess Dolly Parton Guest: Lynn Anderson, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Freddy Fender, Eddie Rabbitt, Charlie Rich, Ray Stevens, The Statler Brothers, Ray Tillis, Dottie West Executive producer: Joseph Cates, Gilbert Cates ...
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
Baggies; Ray Stevens for Flav-O-Rich; Ed Andrews for Southwestern Bell business long distance; the Handiwipes magician; Merlin Olson for FTD; and Jack Nicklaus for Pontiac station wagons. Other memorable creative work included the ...
by Vincent Terrace
A proposed country-rock variety series for singer Ray Stevens that was to feature performances by guest artists. Host: Ray Stevens. Guests: Olivia NewtonJohn, Franklyn Ajaye, The Limelighters.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ray Stevens
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ray Stevens
Monument Ray Stevens Even Stevens LP
Photo credit: Mark Morgan Trinidad B
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Ray Stevens for some fun with words!