On this page:
- Richard Rodgers: Richard Charles Rodgers was an American composer of music for more than 900 songs and for 43 Broadway musicals. He also composed music for films and television. He is best known for his songwriting partnerships with the lyricists Lorenz Hart and Oscar Hammerstein II. His compositions have had a significant impact on popular music up to the present day, and have an enduring broad appeal.
- also known as Rodgers; Richard Rogers; Original Carousel Cast; Richard Charles Rodgers; Rogers, Richard; Dick; Richard C. Rodgers
- born on (113 years ago) in Arverne, child of Mamie Levy Rodgers and Dr. William Abrahams Rodgers
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Songwriter, composer, playwright, theatrical producer, lyricist, conductor, screenwriter, film score composer, film producer, music director
- member of musical group Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart
- died on (36 years ago) in New York City
- genres: Musical theatre, Ballet
- read more about Richard Rodgers (composer)
- Richard Rodgers: Richard Christopher Rodgers II is an American football tight end for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Packers in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at California.
- Richard Rodgers a.k.a. Richard D. Rogers: Richard Rogers is an American sound engineer. He won the Academy Award for Best Sound for the film Platoon. He has worked on over 120 films since 1981.
- read more about Richard D. Rogers
"Richard Rodgers" is a book by Geoffrey Holden Block.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Richard Rodgers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Disney Song Encyclopedia (2009)
by Thomas S. Hischak, Mark A. Robinson
Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein were pioneers in the field of the stage musical. Oklahoma.l opened in 1943, and musical theatre changed forever. But when did this change happen ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Richard Rodgers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Richard Rodgers
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Richard Rodgers
Photo credit: Kyle Engman
- Josh Norman, Richard Rodgers
Packers at Redskins 11/20/16
Photo credit: Keith Allison
- Inside-Out building, Richard Rodgers
Photo credit: Negugogor
- Romeo and Juliet at Richard Rodgers Theatre
Romeo and Juliet at Richard Rodgers Theatre on Broadway in New York
This photo is licensed under a Creative Commons license. If you use this photo within the terms of the license or make special arrangements to use the photo, please list the photo credit as "Dennis Beck / Broadway Tour" and link the text to BroadwayTour.net.
Photo credit: BroadwayTour.net
- Hamilton at the Richard Rodgers Theatre
Photo credit: Robert Cutts
- Richard Rodgers, Carl Bradford
Photo credit: Kyle Engman