Robert Alexander Schumann
is an acrostic for ras.
On this page:
Who is Robert Alexander Schumann?
Robert Alexander Schumann: Robert Schumann was a German composer and influential music critic. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest composers of the Romantic era. Schumann left the study of law, intending to pursue a career as a virtuoso pianist. He had been assured by his teacher Friedrich Wieck that he could become the finest pianist in Europe, but a hand injury ended this dream. Schumann then focused his musical energies on composing.
- also known as R. Schumann; 슈만; Schumann; Robert Schumann; Robert Schuhmann; Schuhmann, Robert
- born on (205 years ago) in Zwickau, child of August Schumann and Johanna Christiane Schnabel
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Composer, pianist, music critic
- died on (159 years ago) in Endenich of syphilis, pneumonia
- genres: Romantic music, Classical music, Opera, Art song, Incidental music, Lied, Novelette
- read more about Robert Alexander Schumann (composer)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Robert Alexander Schumann
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Comprehensive Reference Library for Musicians and Musiclovers by John Herbert Clifford
Robert Alexander Schumann, fifth son of the family, ...
by Carl Waldman, Catherine Mason
Robert Alexander Schumann abandons study of law in order to devote himself to music. 1832 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe completes poetic drama Faust; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Robert Alexander Schumann
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Robert Alexander Schumann to find many related words and phrases!