Robert Alexander Schumann
is an acrostic for ras.
On this page:
Who is Robert Alexander Schumann?
Robert Alexander Schumann: Robert Schumann was a German composer and influential music critic. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest composers of the Romantic era. Schumann left the study of law, intending to pursue a career as a virtuoso pianist. He had been assured by his teacher Friedrich Wieck that he could become the finest pianist in Europe, but a hand injury ended this dream. Schumann then focused his musical energies on composing.
- also known as R. Schumann; 슈만; Schumann; Robert Schumann; Robert Schuhmann; Schuhmann, Robert
- born on (205 years ago) in Zwickau, child of August Schumann and Johanna Christiane Schnabel
- nationality: Germany
- profession: Composer, pianist, music critic
- died on (159 years ago) in Endenich of syphilis, pneumonia
- genres: Romantic music, Classical music, Opera, Art song, Incidental music, Lied, Novelette
- read more about Robert Alexander Schumann (composer)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Robert Alexander Schumann
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carl Waldman, Catherine Mason
Robert Alexander Schumann abandons study of law in order to devote himself to music. 1832 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe completes poetic drama Faust; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Robert Alexander Schumann
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Robert Alexander Schumann to find many related words and phrases!