On this page:
- Robert King is an English conductor, harpsichordist and editor. As a youth, he was a member of the Choir of St John's College, Cambridge. He read music at the University of Cambridge, and in 1980, while still a student, founded the period instrument orchestra The King's Consort.
- also known as King, Robert
- born on (55 years ago) in Wombourne
- nationality: England
- profession: Conductor, harpsichordist
- albums: "Exsultate jubilate!", "The Coronation of King George II", "A Purcell Companion", "Henry Purcell - The Complete Anthems and Services - 7", "Sacred Music, Volume 5", "Sacred Music, Volume 9", "The Occasional Oratorio", "Fireworks Music / Water Music", "Musick for the Royal Fireworks / Four Coronation Anthems", "Mass in B minor (Tölzer Knabenchor, The King's Consort feat. conductor: Robert King)", "Judas Maccabaeus", "Stabat Mater / Salve Regina / In Caelestibus Regnis", "Great Baroque Arias Part 1 (The King's Consort feat. conductor: Robert King)", "Albinoni, Pachelbel", "Royal and Ceremonial Odes", "Sacred Music, Volume 10", "Sacred Music", "Juditha Triumphans", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 8", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 4", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 5", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 7", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 6", "Complete Odes and Welcome Songs, Volume 3", "Hail! bright Cecilia (1692) / Who can from joy refrain? (1695)", "Cello Concertos", "The Secular Solo Songs of Henry Purcell, Volume 1", "Your Tuneful Voice", "Your Tuneful Voice (Handel Oratorio Arias)"
- written work: "Henry Purcell"
- official website: www.robertking.eu
- Robert King a.k.a. Bob King: Robert Wade "Bob" King was an American athlete, who won a gold medal in the high jump at the 1928 Summer Olympics with a jump of 1.93 m. His personal best was 1.997 m, achieved earlier that year. After graduating from Stanford University, King studied in a medical school and later became a prominent obstetrician.
- read more about Bob King
- Robert King is an American film and television writer and producer. He is married to Michelle King, who is also his writing partner.
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Screenwriter, television producer, television director
- Marriage with Michelle King
- filmography: "Lust for Frankenstein"
- films written:
- film produced: Vertical Limit
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series - "The Good Wife", with Ridley Scott, Michelle King, Tony Scott, David W. Zucker, Ted Humphrey, Todd Ellis Kessler, Brooke Kennedy
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - "The Good Wife" (Pilot), with Michelle King
- nominated to Writers Guild of America Award for Television: New Series - "The Good Wife", with Corinne Brinkerhoff, Todd Ellis Kessler, Ted Humphrey, Angela Amato Velez, Michelle King & Dee Johnson
- nominated to Producers Guild of America Award - Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television - Drama - "The Good Wife", with Brooke Kennedy, Michelle King, David W. Zucker, Tony Scott, Ridley Scott
- nominated to Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Dramatic Series - "The Good Wife", with Courtney Kemp Agboh, Meredith Averill, Corinne Brinkerhoff, Keith Eisner, Karen Hall, Leonard Dick, Michelle King, Steve Lichtman, Matthew Montoya, Julia Wolfe, Ted Humphrey
- nominated to Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Dramatic Series - "The Good Wife", with Meredith Averill, Keith Eisner, Leonard Dick, Jacqueline Hoyt, Michelle King, Ted Humphrey, Erica Shelton, Matthew Montoya, J.C. Nolan, Luke Schelhaas, Nichelle D. Tramble, Julia Wolfe, Craig Turk
- nominated to Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Episodic Drama - "Hitting the Fan" (From the TV Series: The Good Wife), with Michelle King
- Robert King: Robert G. King is a macroeconomist.
- born on (64 years ago)
- education: Brown University
- profession: Economist
- Robert King a.k.a. Robert Hillary King, also known as Robert King Wilkerson, is a former member of the Black Panther Party who spent 32 years, 29 of them in solitary confinement, in Angola Prison, Louisiana. King first entered Angola at the age of 18 as the result of a robbery conviction. In his book, From the Bottom of the Heap: The Autobiography of Robert Hillary King, King admits to some non-violent burglaries in the period prior to this conviction but maintains his innocence with regard to that particular offense and goes further by denying any culpability in any later convictions. Granted parole in 1965, at the age of 22, he returned to New Orleans, got married, and began a brief semi-pro boxing career nicknamed “Speedy King.” Several weeks prior to the birth of his son, by wife Clara, King was arrested on charges of robbery. After being held in jail for over 11 months, King's friend pled guilty to a lesser charge and was released on time served. Simultaneously, the District Attorney dropped the charges against King, but he was not released since his arrest, coupled with his friend’s guilty plea, was deemed a parole violation.
- read more about Robert Hillary King (film actor)
- Robert King is an independent photo and video journalist that has covered conflict areas and war zones since 1991 King was the subject of a 2009 documentary Shooting Robert King that documented his activities over the course of 15 years. Currently Robert King works as Creative Director of Video for Bild.
- Robert King a.k.a. Robert L. King is an American political figure most notable for having served as Monroe County, New York Executive and as the Chancellor of the State University of New York.
- read more about Robert L. King
- Robert King a.k.a. Robert R. King: Robert R. "Bob" King is an American diplomat. He was nominated in September 2009 by President Barack Obama and confirmed by the United States Senate in November 2009, to serve as United States special envoy for North Korean Human Rights Issues, an ambassadorial ranked position.
- read more about Robert R. King
- Robert King: Canon Robert Stuart King was an English international footballer and Anglican clergyman.
- Robert King: Robert Shannon King, OBE was an Australian politician. Born in Warracknabeal, Victoria, he attended Carey Grammar School in Melbourne before serving in the military 1940-45. He returned to Warracknabeal as a farmer and grazier, and became an official of the Victorian Country Party. In 1958, he was elected to the Australian House of Representatives as the Country Party member for Wimmera. On 5 October 1971 he was appointed Assistant Minister assisting the Minister for Primary Industry; he held this position until the McMahon Government's defeat on 5 December 1972. King's seat of Wimmera was abolished in 1977, and he retired from politics; he died in 1991.
- Robert King: Robert David King is an English cricketer. King was a right-handed batsman who bowled right-arm off break. He was born in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
- Robert King was an English churchman who became the first Bishop of Oxford.
- died in (458 years ago)
- buried in Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford
- Robert King LL.D. was an English jurist and Master of Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
- born in (416 years ago)
- died in (340 years ago)
- Robert King is an author.
- born on (78 years ago)
- written works: "The Hog in The 21st Century", "The Chronology Of Sacred History", "Embestida I", "The New Kings' Tales", "Mastering Active Directory", "Designing Products and Services That Customers Want", "Play it Again, Slam", "Farewell, My Dummy", "Are You an Exceptional Salesperson?", "Brass players' guide", "Old Man Laughing", "Electronic circuits and systems", "Storytime Patterns for 8 Classic Children's Stories", "Legiones II", "MCSE", "Stepping twice into the river", "Integrated electronic circuits and systems", "No Time for Figleaves"
- Robert King is an American football wide receiver for the Delaware State Hornets.
- Robert King is an actor.
- Robert King was an Irish soldier and statesman. He was eldest son of Sir John King. He was Muster master-general and clerk of the cheque in Ireland. He was knighted 1621 and a Member of the Irish Parliament for Boyle in 1634 and 1639. He was M.P. County Roscommon in 1640. He was sent to Parliament's affairs in Ulster in 1645. He was member of the Council of State in 1653 and sat in the First Protectorate Parliament for the counties of Sligo, Roscommon and Leitrim in 1654. He was succeed by his son and heir John who became 1st Lord Kingston.
- born in (417 years ago)
- nationality: Kingdom of Ireland
- profession: Soldier, politician
- died in (359 years ago)
- Robert King a.k.a. Robert Turner King was an English amateur cricketer who played first-class cricket from 1846 to 1851.
- read more about Robert Turner King
- Robert King a.k.a. Bob King is an actor.
- read more about Bob King (actor)
- Robert King is a TV producer.
- profession: Television producer
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches Sports Programming - "Super Bowl MVPs on ESPN.com", with John Kosner, Patrick Stiegman, John Banks, Jeffri Chadiha, Sheldon Spencer, Christina Houser, Nisha Arleth, Peggy Coe, Sean Hintz, Alex Kimball, Steven Kudirka, Robert J. Labay, Nick Manning, Jason Potterton, Lara Sasaran, Juan Sichon, Aaron Talasnik & David Weiner
- nominated to Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches Sports Programming - "Outside the Lines" (Unspeakable), with John Kosner, Kevin Jackson, Craig T. Lazarus, Jay Lovinger, Sean Hintz, Victor Vitarelli, Nik Kleinberg, Scott Walker, Barry Dycus
- nominated to Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches Sports Programming Short Format - "Sincerely, Lou", with Kevin Jackson, John Kosner, Craig T. Lazarus, Victor Vitarelli, Jenifer Janovy, Wayne Drehs, Sean Hintz, Steven Kudirka, Ron Pezzullo & Sharon Kum
- Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding New Approaches Sports Programming - "Super Bowl MVPs on ESPN.com", with John Kosner, Patrick Stiegman, John Banks, Jeffri Chadiha, Sheldon Spencer, Christina Houser, Nisha Arleth, Peggy Coe, Sean Hintz, Alex Kimball, Steven Kudirka, Robert J. Labay, Nick Manning, Jason Potterton, Lara Sasaran, Juan Sichon, Aaron Talasnik & David Weiner
- Robert King is the son of Alan King.
- Robert King is an invest manager/entrepreneur and the father of John Bradford King.
- Robert King is the father of Jaime King.
- Robert King is a songwriter.
- profession: Songwriter
- Robert King is a real estate developer.
- Robert King is the author of Jehovah Himself Has Become King, as well as numerous articles and commentaries that offer his personal views and disagreements with the teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. He is a former member of the Royal Oak, Michigan Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses who was disfellowshipped after starting the e-Watchman website and using the site to publish his criticisms of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's interpretations of Bible prophecy, as well as organizational policies involving child molestation.
- Robert King is the father of American Football player Jacob King.
- parent of Jacob King
- Robert King a.k.a. Robert A. King was the fifth head football coach for the Wabash College Little Giants located in Crawfordsville, Indiana and he held that position for the 1890 season. His career coaching record at Wabash was 0 wins, 3 losses, and 0 ties. This ranks him 30th at Wabash in total wins and 30th at Wabash in winning percentage.
- read more about Robert A. King
Printed books with definitions for Robert King
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 3, USA and Canada by J. O'Connor, K. Goodland
Robert King is a pillar of strength as Escalus and Paul Hopkins injects some life into the shadowy character of the Provost.
by Dave Kemper, Verne Meyer, John Van Rys, Patrick Sebranek
Robert King is a novelist and an educator who occasionally writes personal commentaries about scientific and social issues. Before you read, answer these ...
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS Robert King is an employee, and Cynthia Tuthill is a consultant, for SciClone Pharmaceuticals. REFERENCES Acharya ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Robert King
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Robert King
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Robert King to see it in context!