On this page:
- Roberto Cantoral García was a Mexican composer, singer and songwriter. He was known for composing a string of hit Mexican songs, including "El Triste", "Al Final", "La Barca" and "El Reloj" The Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México estimated that "La Barca" and "El Reloj" have been recorded over 1,000 times by other artists like Plácido Domingo, Gualberto Castro, José José, Luis Miguel, Joan Báez and Linda Ronstadt. In 2009, he won the Latin Grammy Trustee Award. Iconos, which was released by Marc Anthony in 2010, featured "El Triste".
- also known as Roberto Cantoral Garcia
- born on (80 years ago) in Ciudad Madero
- nationality: Mexico
- profession: Composer, musician, singer, songwriter
- Marriage with Itatí Zucchi
- parent of
- died on (5 years ago) in Toluca of myocardial infarction
- genres: Bolero, Music of Latin America
- award: - Latin Recording Academy Trustees Award
- Roberto Cantoral is a person.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roberto Cantoral
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Roberto Cantoral for some fun with words!