On this page:
- Definition of the noun rockingham
- Phrases with Rockingham
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rockingham
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rockingham
- Photos about Rockingham
- Video about Rockingham
- Quotes about Rockingham
- Scrabble value of R1O1C3K5I1N1G2H4A1M3
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rockingham
What does rockingham mean as a name of something?
- English statesman who served as prime minister and who opposed the war with the American colonies (1730-1782)
- Rockingham is a city in Richmond County, North Carolina, United States named after the Marquis of Rockingham. The population was 9,558 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Richmond County. Rockingham is the home of Rockingham Speedway, formerly the North Carolina Speedway, which was a staple of the NASCAR schedule for nearly 40 years, before the race was discontinued in 2004.
- Rockingham is a city and primary centre in Western Australia south-west of the Perth city centre and south of Fremantle. It has a beachside location at Mangles Bay, the southern extremity of Cockburn Sound. To its north stretches the maritime and resource-industry installations of Kwinana and Henderson. Offshore to the north-west is Australia's largest naval fleet and submarine base, Garden Island, connected to the mainland by an all-weather causeway. To the west and south lies the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park.
- Rockingham is a town in Windham County, Vermont, United States, along the Connecticut River. The population was 5,309 at the 2000 census. Rockingham includes the incorporated villages of Bellows Falls and Saxtons River, as well as a large rural area west of Interstate 91.
- also known as Rockingham, Vermont
- part of United States of America, Vermont, Windham County, Windham-4 Vermont Representative District, 2002–12
- Rockingham is a village and civil parish in the Corby district of Northamptonshire, England. It is just north of Corby, close by the border with Leicestershire and Rutland, near to Great Easton and Caldecott. At the time of the 2001 census, the parish's population was 115 people.
- Rockingham House was the home of John Berrien I and George Washington's final headquarters of the Revolutionary War, located near Rocky Hill in Franklin Township in Somerset County, New Jersey, United States. The house has been moved within southern Franklin Township several times, and is now closer to the Franklin portion of Kingston than to Rocky Hill. The residence is a featured part of the Millstone River Valley Scenic Byway. The oldest portion of the house was built as a two-room, two-story saltbox style house between 1702 and 1710; a kitchen and additional rooms were added on in the early 1760s, expanding with the Berrien family. The first reference to the house as "Rockingham" does not appear until a 1783 newspaper advertisement to sell the house, a name given most likely in honor of the Marquess of Rockingham.
- Rockingham is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in central Bacon County, Georgia, United States. It lies along State Route 32 to the east of the city of Alma, the county seat of Bacon County. Its elevation is 194 feet. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 248.
Rockingham was a British Thoroughbred racehorse and sire best known for winning the classic St Leger Stakes in 1833. After finishing fourth on his only appearance as a two-year-old, the colt was undefeated in three starts in 1833, winning the St Leger in the harlequin colours of Richard Watt and taking the Doncaster Cup against older horses in the same week. Rockingham remained in training for three further seasons, winning the 1835 Goodwood Cup, four King's Plates, and three consecutive renewals of the Brighton Gold Cup. He was retired from racing for a brief stud career, but had little success as a sire of winners.
- born in (186 years ago) in United Kingdom
- died in (174 years ago)
- Rockingham is a fictional character in the 1915 film Under Two Flags.
- Rockingham is a fictional film character.
Phrases with Rockingham
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rockingham
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rockingham County (1918)
Economic and Social; a Laboratory Study at the University of North Carolina, Department of Rural Economics and Sociology
Rockingham is a great wealthproducing but a poor wealth-retaining county. When our farmers have learned to keep at home the $2,130,000 expended yearly for imported food and feed products, then Rockingham will move to the forefront as ...
by University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Wake County Club
Rockingham is a great wealth- producing but a poor wealth-retaining county. When our farmers have learned to keep at home the $2,130,000 expended yearly for imported food and feed products, then Rockingham will move to the forefront as ...
by University of Virginia. School of Rural Social Economics
Rockingham is the fourth county in the State for which such a study has been made and published by the University. The work was done by J. S. Peters of Harrisonburg and W. F. Stinespring of Dayton, two students in the University of Virginia, ...
The True Story of the Year the King, Jaws, Earnhardt, and the Rest of NASCAR's Feudin', Fightin' Good Ol' Boys Put Stock Car Racing on the Map by Mark Bechtel
Rockingham is a tiny burg of less than 10,000 people about halfway between Charlotte and Fayetteville, down near the South Carolina border. Which is to say, it's in the middle of nowhere. The closest thing to a tourist destination is Pinehurst ...
A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland (1855)
by Sir Bernard Burke
ROCKINGHAM, in the co. of Roscommon ; the seat of Viscount Lorton, Rockingham is a stately palace of pure white marble, erected in the midst of a magnificent domain, which has within its circuit, every variety of picturesque scenery.
The Modern Gazetteer (1798)
Being a Compendious Geographical Dictionary of All the Nations ... by Alexander Aitchison
Rockingham is the chief town. RicuMOND, a county of Virginia, bounded N. and N. li. by Westmoreland, and S. and S.W. by Rappahannock river, which separates it from Essex county. It contains 6985 inhabitants, including 3984. slaves.
by Norfolk and Western Railway Company. Agricultural and Industrial Dept
Rockingham is a very important agricultural county and is building many miles of fine macadam and sand clay roads. In the course of a few years all important roads in the county will be improved. There is available much hardwood and pine ...
Containing a Description of the Various Countries, Provinces, Cities, Towns Seas, Lakes, Rivers, Mountains, Capes, &c. in the Known World : with an Appendix, Containing an Account of the Monies, Weights, and Measures of Various Countries with Tables Illustrating the Population, Commerce, and Resources of the United States : Accompanied with an Atlas by Jedidiah Morse, Richard Cary Morse
Rockingham is the chief town. At the court-house, is a postoffice. Richmond, co.
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
Rockingham, a town of N. Carolina, ca- Lake Erie; 80 miles from Sandufky Bay . Cc* for the victory gained by the celebrated Prince of yacht. and there bursts. — Every rocket ended in a con. ftellatioo, strowing the air with a shower of silver ...
by Jan Onofrio
near Rockingham, Richmond County, North Carolina, April 18, 1823; attended the common schools, Randolph- Macon ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rockingham
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rockingham
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Rockingham
Jason Plato Matt Neal BTCC Rockingham 2011. Uncut live video, body language not seen on ITV.
Jason Plato wins Pole and shows Matt Neal his finger. Matt shows Jason his fist. Jason uses his body language to describe Matt as a **nker...
See also the pronunciation examples of Rockingham!
Quotes about Rockingham
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rockingham"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of R1O1C3K5I1N1G2H4A1M3
The value of this 10-letter word is 22 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine