On this page:
- Roger Hall: Roger Leighton Hall, CNZM, QSO, is one of New Zealand's most successful playwrights, arguably best known for comedies that carry a vein of social criticism and feelings of pathos.
- also known as Roger Leighton Hall; Roger Leighton Hall, CNZM, QSO
- born in (77 years ago) in Essex
- nationality: United Kingdom, New Zealand
- profession: Writer, playwright, production designer, screenwriter
- written works: "State of the play", "Middle-age spread", "Prisoners of mother England", "The share club", "Glide time", "Putting on a concert", "Captain Scrimshaw in space", "The tiger and the mad millionaire", "Bums on seats", "Julie rescues Big Mack", "How the crabgot a hard back", "The Fizzalot Commercial", "The Emperor's Clothes", "The Night the Ghosts Got Haunted", "Billy Goat Gruff and the Baby", "Olive Ostrich's First Radio Show", "Penguin trouble", "Stg 4e Brave Ben Is", "The Rice Pudding Riot", "Mrs. Kikowski's Coat", "Love Off the Shelf", "Anansi and the Old Tiger Riding Horse", "The Kidnapping of Lady Filthyrich"
- nominated to Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Comedy - "Middle Age Spread" (Comedy of the Year)
- Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Comedy - "Middle Age Spread" (Comedy of the Year)
- Roger Hall is a production designer.
- profession: Production designer
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to BAFTA Award for Best Production Design - "Chariots of Fire"
- nominated to British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Design - "Reilly, Ace of Spies"
- nominated to RTS Television Award for Best Production Design - Drama - "Gulliver's Travels"
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Art Direction - Miniseries, Movie or a Special - "Gulliver's Travels", with Rosalind Shingleton, Alan Tomkins, Frederic Evard & John Fenner
- RTS Television Award for Best Production Design - Drama - "Gulliver's Travels"
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Art Direction - Miniseries, Movie or a Special - "Gulliver's Travels" (Part I), with Rosalind Shingleton, Alan Tomkins, John Fenner & Frederic Evard
- nominated to Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Art Direction - Miniseries, Movie or a Special - "The Odyssey" (For part II, Outstanding Art Direction for a Miniseries or a Special), with John King, Frederic Evard, Karen Brookes
- nominated to British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Design - "Gulliver's Travels"
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Design - "Gulliver's Travels"
- Roger Hall is an author.
- born in (71 years ago)
- written works: "The Pubs of Blackley", "Freedom from the Press; A Personal Story of Libel", "The Pubs of Swinton and Pendlebury", "TAGS, Multiple Choice", "Contempt For Court", "Regulation and deregulation in British politics", "Clouds of fear", "The world of William Notman"
Roger Hall is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roger Hall
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Patterns of the Past (1996)
Interpreting Ontario's History by Roger Hall, Anthony Westell, Laurel Sefton MacDowell
Roger Hall is a member of the Department of History at the University of Western Ontario. Laurel Sefton MacDowell teaches History at Erindale College, University of Toronto.
Asia/Pacific by Don Rubin, Chua Soo Pong, Ravi Chaturvedi
It was Roger Hall who made that place secure. After an apprenticeship of university revues and radio and television comedy, Hall's first play Glide Time ( 1976) was an instant success which established him as the country's most significant ...
by Stephen J. Paterwic
Later works have been written by learned music scholars, most notably Daniel Patterson, Roger Hall, Carol Medlicott, and Christian Goodwillie. Indeed, Patterson's The Shaker Spiritual is an exhaustive study of the music that inspired the ...
Encyclopedia of Sports Films (2010)
by K Edgington, Thomas Erskine, James M. Welsh
PRODUCTION DESIGN: Roger Hall, Brent ...
A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the landed gentry of Great Britain & Ireland for 1852 (1852)
by Sir Bernard Burke
to Roger Hall, Esq. of Mount Hall. in. Anne, m. to James Stevenson, Esq. of Killeleagh, M.P., and was mother of Dokcas, created ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roger Hall
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roger Hall
Click on an item to view that photo: