On this page:
- Roger Taylor a.k.a. Roger Meddows Taylor is an English musician, multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter. He is best known as the drummer of the rock band Queen, but has also served as occasional songwriter and lead vocalist. As a drummer, he is renowned for his unique sound and is considered one of the most influential rock drummers of the 1970s and 1980s. As a songwriter, Taylor contributed songs to the band's albums from the very beginning, composing at least one track on every album, and often singing lead vocals on his own compositions. He wrote or co-wrote three UK number 1s and contributed a further five major hits. He is also commonly known to have been the main writer on the international Top Ten hit 'One Vision', although the track is credited to the whole band. He has collaborated with such artists as Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey, Robert Plant, Phil Collins, Genesis, Jimmy Nail, Elton John, Gary Numan, Shakin' Stevens, Foo Fighters, Al Stewart, Steve Vai, Yoshiki Hayashi, Cherie, and Bon Jovi. As a producer, he has produced albums by Virginia Wolf, Jimmy Nail and Magnum.
- read more about Roger Meddows Taylor
- Roger Taylor is a British former tennis player. Born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, he won 6 singles titles and 10 doubles titles during his career. He achieved success at several Grand Slam tournaments, reaching the quarter-finals of the French Open in 1973, the semi-finals of Wimbledon during the same year and winning back to back US Open Men's Doubles titles in 1971 and 1972. He also enjoyed particular success in 1970, again reaching the semi-finals of Wimbledon, where he achieved a big upset win over defending champion Rod Laver en route, and the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Taylor also reached the semi-finals at Wimbledon in 1967. His career-high ATP singles ranking was World No. 11, though Taylor was ranked World No. 8 in 1970 before the ATP rankings began.
- Roger Taylor: Roger Andrew Taylor is an English musician, best known as the drummer of rock band Duran Duran from their inception until 1985, and again from 2001 onwards, the band selling in excess of 70 million records in the process.
- also known as Roger Andrew Taylor; Taylor, Roger
- born on (55 years ago) in Nechells
- nationality: England
- profession: Drummer, musician
- member of musical groups:
- genres: New Wave, Pop rock, Alternative rock
- filmography: "Arena"
- nomination: - nominated to Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song - "A View to a Kill" (A View To a Kill), with Andrew Taylor, Nick Rhodes, Nigel John Taylor, John Barry, Simon Le Bon
- Roger Taylor is an English fiction and non-fiction author. He was born in Heywood, Lancashire, and now lives in the Wirral. He is a chartered civil and structural engineer, a pistol, rifle and shotgun shooter, aikido instructor/student, and an enthusiastic but inaccurate piano player.
- born in (76 years ago) in Heywood
- written works: "Impressed by Light: British Photographs from Paper Negatives, 1840-1860", "Lecture Notes on Fullerene Chemistry", "The R.T. blanking system", "Restoring America", "Beyond art", "Das Lied des Glaubens", "Die Saga vom Großen Wald 1. Farnor", "Kim Westcott", "Marilyn Monroe in Her Own Words", "The Executor's Handbook", "Art an enemy of the people", "Project Report No.12e/1 =", "Snatch", "Die Rückkehr des Schwertes", "Traumfinder", "Die Stadt der Kristalle", "Schicksalsbote"
- official website: www.rogertaylor.org.uk
- Roger Taylor: Roger Wayne Taylor is a former American football offensive tackle in the National Football League. Taylor was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the third round out of Oklahoma State University in the 1981 NFL Draft.
- Roger Taylor was the 18th president of Knox College, located in Galesburg, Illinois. A 1963 graduate of Knox, he became president in 2001 after serving as the chair of the college's board of trustees. Taylor graduated with honors from Northwestern University School of Law in 1971, serving as an editor of the law review. After law school, he practiced law at the firm of Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago. His wife, Anne Zweifel Taylor, is a 1963 alumna of Knox.
- Roger Taylor is the Mayor of Pawhuska, Oklahoma from 2012.
Roger Taylor is a fictional film character.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roger Taylor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Polytechnic (1900)
Roger Taylor is an assayer with the Oxford Copper Company at Constable ...
Volume 3 - Codes for the Prevention of Errors to Communications Frequency Standards by Fritz E. Froehlich, Allen Kent
ROGER TAYLOR NYNEX Overview NYNEX Corporation provides a full range of communications 498 NSFNET Roger Taylor.
by John Grasso
FRA Niki Pilic ́, YUG Margaret Smith Court, AUS Judy Tegart Dalton, AUS 1971 John Newcombe, AUS Roger Taylor, GBR Rosie Casals, USA Judy Tegart Dalton, AUS 1972 Cliff Drysdale, RSA Roger Taylor, GBR Françoise Durr, FRA Betty ...
by Colin Larkin
Of the remaining members Brian May's solo career enjoyed the highest profile, while Roger Taylor worked with the Cross. Queen never announced an ...
Encyclopedia of Percussion (2013)
by John H. Beck
Queen (“Bohemian Rhapsody,” Roger Taylor) andElectricLight Orchestra (“ EvilWoman,” Bev Bevan) supported majestically produced albumswith performances that borderedon Wagnerian spectacles. Pink Floyd, intouring its blockbuster ...
by Mark Stallard
Roger Taylor, T, Oklahoma State 3c. Lloyd Burruss, DB, Maryland 4. Ron Washington, WR, Arizona State 5. Todd Thomas, T /C ...
Immunoassay; Microarrays Roger Taylor, Sussex University, Sussex, United Kingdom, Fullerenes Gijs Ten Berge, Basell Polyolefins, Ferrara, Italy, Polypropylene John A. Tesk, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, ...
by Daniel Bukszpan, Ronnie James Dio
Freddie Mercury: \ ocals/keyboards; Roger Taylor: drums/vocals The heavy metal credentials of Queen arc beyond question. The theatrical, over-the-top showmanship of lead singer Freddie Mercury has been as much of an inspiration to front ...
by s. austin allibone
Stevenson, Roger Taylor, Benj. F. Smyth, Chas. P. Stevenson, Thos. Taylor, Rev. Chas. Smyth, Chas. S. Stevenson, Win. Taylor, Chris. Smyth, Coke Stevenson, Wm. G. Taylor, Fitch W. Smyth, J. C. Stewart, Chas. E. Taylor, George Smyth, ...
A Critical Dictionary of English Literature and British and American Authors, Living and Deceased, from the Earliest Accounts to the Latter Half of the Nineteenth Century (1899)
Containing Over Forty-six Thousand Articles (authors), with Forty Indexes of Subjects by Samuel Austin Allibone
Stevenson, Roger Taylor, Benj. F. Smyth, Chas. P. Stevenson, Thos. Taylor, Rev. Chai. Smyth, Chai. 8. Stevenson, Wm. Taylor, Chris. Smyth, Coke Stevenson, Wm . G. Taylor, Fitoh W. Smyth, J. C. Stewart, Cbas. E. Taylor, George Smyth, Sir Jai ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roger Taylor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roger Taylor
Click on an item to view that photo: