Rogue appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Depardieu, go rap a rogue I draped.
- Depardieu, go razz a rogue I draped.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun rogue:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun rogue
- Definition of the adjective rogue
- Definition of the verb rogue
- Phrases with Rogue
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rogue
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rogue
- Photos about Rogue
- Video language resources about Rogue
- Sign language
- Quotes about Rogue
- Scrabble value of R1O1G2U1E1
- Anagrams of ROGUE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun rogue
What does rogue mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: rogues
- a deceitful and unreliable scoundrel
- examples: In the late 20th century, Yugoslavia was considered a rogue state by the United States. | A rogue asteroid from the Kuiper Belt is on a collision course with the Earth. | A catamaran is unlikely to be capsized by wind, but a big enough rogue wave can do it. | The man was said to be part of a rogue militant group. | The old man had an innocent face, but in truth was a rogue. | Those rogue rebels do not deserve to roam the Earth. | The United States are a rogue state. It is not me who says it. I read in the writings of several respectable authors who were born and live in the United States themselves. | The United States have been dubbed the "world policeman", but some American intellectuals do not hesitate to call their own country "rogue state."
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of rogue: knave / rapscallion / rascal / scalawag / scallywag / varlet
- more generic words: scoundrel / villain = a wicked or evil person
Alternative definition of the noun rogue
- A scoundrel, rascal or unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person.
- A mischievous scamp.
- A vagrant.
- Deceitful software pretending to be anti-spyware, but in fact being malicious software itself.
- An aggressive animal separate from the herd, especially an elephant.
- A plant that shows some undesirable variation.
Definition of the adjective rogue
What does rogue mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- [context: of an animal, especially an elephant] Vicious and solitary.
- [context: by extension] Large, destructive and unpredictable.
- [context: by extension] Deceitful, unprincipled.
Definition of the verb rogue
What does rogue mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: rogued | roguing / rogueing (less preferred form) | rogues
- cull, term used by gardeners, especially when saving seed, rogue or unwanted plants are removed before pollination.
"Rogue" is a 2007 Australian independent horror film about a group of tourists in Australia who fall prey to a giant, man-eating crocodile. Rogue was released in Australia on 8 November 2007.
- also known as Colti
- countries: Australia, New Zealand
- language: English Language
- director: Greg McLean
- producers: David Lightfoot & Greg McLean
- art direction by Lucinda Thomson
- edited by Jason Ballantine
- music by Francois Tetaz
- genres: Horror, Natural horror film, Thriller, Psychological thriller, World cinema
- released in (9 years ago)
- official website: www.roguecrocodile.com
- Rogue is a fictional character from War.
- Rogue is a fictional character from the 2001 film Made.
Rogue is a subsidiary of Relativity Media. The company has about 25 titles in its library.
- official website: www.iamrogue.com
Phrases with Rogue
Phrases starting with the word Rogue:
- Rogue wave
- rogue state
- rogue nation
- rogue elephant
- rogue's gallery
- Rogue access point
- Rogue River Lupine
- Rogue River Milkvetch
- Rogue River Stonecrop
- Rogue Canyon Rockcress
Phrases ending with the word Rogue:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Rogue
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rogue's Handbook (2010)
A Concise Guide to Conduct for the Aspiring Gentleman Rogue by Jeff Metzger
Gentleman Rogue is a character who has fascinated us for centuries, persistently popping up in literature and cinema with a roguish smirk, causing proper gentlemen to frown with indignation and the bosoms of proper damsels to swell and ...
Lal Kitab (2004)
by U. C. Mahajan
hence, here a rogue is the tenant torturing and troubling the landlord and the other occupant, hence most malefic. Similarly, Mercury is occupying the enemy's house/enemy's sign, hence worst results.
Queering Anarchism (2013)
Addressing and Undressing Power and Desire by C. B. Daring, J. Rogue, Deric Shannon, Abbey Volcano
ROGUE is an intersectional anarchist-communist who has been organizing in anarchist, feminist and radical queer...
Rogue is a member of the Workers Solidarity Alliance and currently lives and works in Austin, Texas. DERIC ...
Oregon Sportsman (1916)
The Rogue is an Overgrown mountain ...
The Vulgar Tongue (2014)
Green's History of Slang by Jonathon Green
The English Rogue is the lifestory of one Meriton Latroon (from latron: a robber), ' a witty extravagant', embellished with 'a Compleat History of the Most Eminent Cheats of Both Sexes', included a sevenpage glossary, drawing freely on Harman ...
by Albert Samuel Gatschet
belonging or referring to Rogue River Butte and its surroundings: W. walish Rogue River Valley's rocky sites. Cf. Walamsh. w :ilam n a, d. wawalamna, chiefly used in the (1. form; see tchalamna. Walam sh, or W. Yaina ...
A New Canting Dictionary (1725)
Comprehending All the Terms, Ancient and Modern, Used in the Several Tribes of Gypsies, Beggars, Shoplifters, Highwaymen, Foot-pads, and All Other Clans of Cheats and Villains. Interspersed with Proverbs, Phrases, Figurative Speeches, &c. Being a Complete Collection of All that Has Been Publish'd of that Kind. With Very Large Additions of Words Never Before Made Publick ... With a Preface, Giving an Account of the Original, Progress, &c. of the Canting Crew; and Recommending Methods for Diminishing These Varlets, by Better Employment of the Poor. To which is Added a Complete Collection of Songs in the Canting Dialect
CANARY - B1RD, a little arch or knavish Boy; a Rogue or Whore taken, and clapp'd into the Cage or Round-house, CANE upon ABLE, a good Stick or Cudgel, well-favourelly laid on A Man's Shoulders. CANIBA L, a cruel, barbarous Fellow ; a ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
ROGUE, n.f. [of uncertain etymology.} 1. A wandering beggar; a vagrant ; a vagabond. — For fear lest we, like rogues, should bereputed. Spenser. — The sheriff and the marshal may do the more good, and more terrify the idle rogue. Spenser.
by James Ciment
®rogue. state ̄ of Iraq in early 2003. Years after these conflicts began, it was still difficult to measure progress in the suppression of modern terrorism, given its nebulous character. Islamic militants struck again on March 11, 2004, when they ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis, Or, Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, Etc. : Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
* ROGUE. n.s. [of uncertain etymology.] 1. A wandering beggar ...
To which Has Been Added Statutory Definitions by Frederick Stroud
ROGUE AND VAGABOND. — For the catalogue ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
roguish, ruinous, scatheful, sinister, sly, teasing, waggish, wanton mischievous act prank mischievous adventure escapade mischievous boy gamin mischievous child elf, imp, jackanades, puck, rogue, scamp, urchin mischievous creature elf, ...
by Thomas Sheridan
ROGUE, rög. s. A vagabond; a knave, a villain, a thief; a name of flight tenderness and endearment; a wag. - To ROGUE, rö'g. v. n. To wander, to play the vagabond; to play knavish tricks. ROGUERY, rög-ér-y. s. Knavish tricks; waggery, arch ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Rogue
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Rogue
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: adactio
At the Portland Saturday Market.
Photo credit: WordRidden
Photo credit: brookscl
Photo credit: PatLoika
Photo credit: jeniphur99
Photo credit: fekaylius
One of the Rogues
Photo credit: sigsegv
Photo credit: Jason Lander
Photo credit: PatLoika
This guy is definitely a rogue.
On a sleepy busride to work before dawn.
Photo credit: scjody
- Rogue Deliveries
Photo credit: Sean Davis
- Rogue mocha poter
Photo credit: [puamelia]
- Rogue Chocolate Stout
Photo credit: @joefoodie
- Rogue's Yellow Snow IPA
Photo credit: timmarshall
- Rogue Honey Cream Ale
A really nice honey ale augmented by creaminess. There is a slight hoppiness and a mellow crisp finish.
Photo credit: @joefoodie
- Pacific Enters Rogue, Low Tide
Photo credit: rebelxtned
Photo credit: paul-ford
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Rogue
Click on an item to play that video:
- Arch rogue Meaning
Video shows what arch rogue means. The chief of a gang of male thieves or gypsies.. arch rogue synonyms: dimber damber upright man. Arch rogue Meaning.
- Rogue Meaning
Video shows what rogue means. A scoundrel, rascal or unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person.. A mischievous scamp.. A vagrant.. rogue synonyms: ...
- Racing Term #255 "Rogue" of Frankie Lovato's 365 Days of Terminology
- The bleedspec [rogue ptr WoD one shot explanation]
- Rogue Legacy: Ep 6 - Sick Definition Bro - Let's Play!
- How to say rogue (with definition)
- Assassins Creed Rogue(Explanation)
- Alkrym update and news mist of Pandaria with rogue talent explanation
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from the Bourne Series - Indict, Rogue
Mr. "A" shares the Straight "A" Word(s) of the Day - Indict, Rogue.
- Straight "A" Vocab - Learn Vocabulary from the Bourne Series - Abet, Rogue
Mr. "A" shares the Straight "A" Word of the Day - Abet, Rogue.
- Detailed Explanation of Wall clipping Rogue
- Episode #55 Anti-gravity and an explanation for rogue planets
- Rogue Legacy! 1x45: The Definition of Insanity
- Rogue Valley residents explore the definition of marriage - Apr 29th, 2015
- Rogue state Meaning
Video shows what rogue state means. A state or nation acting outside of the accepted international norms and policies.. Rogue state Meaning. How to ...
- Lady Deathwhisper 10 man rogue Solo (Explanation)
- Rogue and Villain explanation
By Christina Burke and Olivia Brooks.
- Rogue Tanking, rough explanation
- Rogue elephant Meaning
Video shows what rogue elephant means. A solitary, old, male elephant that has become dangerously and unpredictably violent. Someone or something that is ...
- Magicamy (Mage) vs Hyped (Rogue) ESL Final - match 4 Hearthstone
Magicamy (Mage) vs Hyped (Rogue) ESL Final - match 4 Week 6.
- How To Change Assassin's Creed Rogue Language
Link for most of Languages Packs...
- Magicamy (Warlock) vs Hyped (Rogue) - ESL Final match 1 - Hearthstone
Magicamy (Warlock) vs Hyped (Rogue) - ESL Final - match 1 - Hearthstone Week 6.
- ESL Week 8 - Koyuki (Rogue) vs Alchemixt (Warrior) - match 1 - Hearthstone
- ESL Legendary Series - Week 7 - Zalae (Hunter) vs Hyped Rogue - fight 1 - Hearthstone
ESL Legendary Series Week 7...
- ESL - TidesofTime (Hunter) vs Tiddler (Rogue) - match 3 - Hearthstone February 2015
- AIRCRACK WEP, WPA PASSWORD HACK WITHOUT DICTIONARY IN WINDOWS OS AND ROGUE AP GUARANTEE TO WORK )
Download now it's free...
- ESL Week 8 - Koyuki (Rogue) vs Gnimsh (Mage) - match 3 - Hearthstone January 2015
- ESL - TidesofTime (Druid) vs Xixo (Rogue) - match 2 - Hearthstone February 2015
- ESL Week 8 - Koyuki (Rogue) vs Gnimsh (Hunter) - match 4 - Hearthstone January 2015
- ESL Week 8 - Koyuki (Rogue) vs Alchemixt (Warlock) - match 3 - Hearthstone
See also the pronunciation examples of Rogue!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Rogue Traders - Sign Language
A slow and quite strange number from the Rogue Traders' fantastic new album. Available on their following releases: * The Sound of Drums (CD, iTunes) ...
- Rogue Traders Advice: Doorstep Traders - British Sign Language
- Rogue Traders Advice: Employing Traders - British Sign Language
Quotes about Rogue
A rogue says ""Yes"" to what a rogue says.
more quotes about rogue...
Scrabble value of R1O1G2U1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ROGUE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Rogue!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Rogue to see it in context!