On this page:
Definition of the noun roman alphabet
What does roman alphabet mean as a name of something?
- the alphabet evolved by the ancient Romans which serves for writing most of the languages of western Europe
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of Roman alphabet: Latin alphabet
- more generic terms: alphabet = a character set that includes letters and is used to write a language; bicameral script = a script having two distinct cases
- A = the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
- B = the 2nd letter of the Roman alphabet
- C = the 3rd letter of the Roman alphabet
- D = the 4th letter of the Roman alphabet
- E = the 5th letter of the Roman alphabet
- F = the 6th letter of the Roman alphabet
- G = the 7th letter of the Roman alphabet
- H = the 8th letter of the Roman alphabet
- I = the 9th letter of the Roman alphabet
- J = the 10th letter of the Roman alphabet
- K = the 11th letter of the Roman alphabet
- L = the 12th letter of the Roman alphabet
- M = the 13th letter of the Roman alphabet
- N = the 14th letter of the Roman alphabet
- O = the 15th letter of the Roman alphabet
- P = the 16th letter of the Roman alphabet
- Q = the 17th letter of the Roman alphabet
- R = the 18th letter of the Roman alphabet
- S = the 19th letter of the Roman alphabet
- T = the 20th letter of the Roman alphabet
- U = the 21st letter of the Roman alphabet
- V = the 22nd letter of the Roman alphabet
- double-u / W = the 23rd letter of the Roman alphabet
- ex / X = the 24th letter of the Roman alphabet
- wye / Y = the 25th letter of the Roman alphabet
- izzard / ezed / zed / zee / Z = the 26th letter of the Roman alphabet
Alternative definition of the noun roman alphabet
- The Latin alphabet.
Roman Alphabet a.k.a. Latin alphabet: The classical Latin alphabet, also known as the Roman alphabet, is a writing system which evolved from the visually similar Cumaean Greek version of the Greek alphabet. The Greek alphabet, including the Cumaean version, was descended from the Phoenician abjad. The Cumaean Greek alphabet was adopted and modified by the Etruscans who ruled early Rome. The Etruscan alphabet was in turn adopted and further modified by the ancient Romans to write the Latin language.
- read more about Latin alphabet
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roman Alphabet
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Roman alphabet. National language. Eki: 5,000 speakers in Nigeria, Cross River state, northeast of Efik, south of Idere. Probably Central Lower Cross, related to Anaang. Close to Idere. Ekit: also called Eket. 200,000 speakers in Nigeria, Akwa ...
capital and sMall letters the first roman alphabet had only capital letters. small letters started to appear after the 8th century. in english, capital letters are used at the beginning of a sentence, and for the first letter of a ...
by Barbara Ann Kipfer
The Roman alphabet exercised influence of some kind on the runic script, which was used for over 1,000 years. The runic alphabet has 24 letters in an order ca\\ edfuthark after the first 6 letters. Germanic runes perhaps derived from Etruscan.
Encyclopedia of Islam (2009)
by Juan Eduardo Campo
Alongside the Roman alphabet, which is used to write English and other Western languages, the Arabic alphabet is one of the most widely used in the world today. tUrkey, one of the largest Muslim countries in the Middle East, switched from ...
Language and the Lexicon (2016)
An Introduction by David Singleton
The Roman alphabet was based on the Greek alphabet, which exhibits the same basic principle of clear ...
A Reference for the Education of Children, Adolescents, and Adults with Disabilities and Other Exceptional Individuals, 3 Volume Set by Cecil R. Reynolds, Elaine Fletcher-Janzen
These early efforts at changing the orthography of English were known as the Augumented Roman Alphabet (Aukerman, 1971). The 44-character Augumented Roman Alphabet was developed and publicized by the Pitman organization in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roman Alphabet
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roman Alphabet
Click on an item to view that photo:
Analysis of the Roman alphabet;
Public Domain Book: Analysis of the Roman Alphabet
Photo credit: ElusiveMu.se
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Roman Alphabet
Roman alphabet Meaning
Video shows what Roman alphabet means. The Latin alphabet.. Roman alphabet Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Roman ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Roman Alphabet!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Roman Alphabet to see it in context!