On this page:
- Definition of the noun roots
- Phrases with Roots
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roots
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roots
- Photos about Roots
- Video language resources about Roots
- Quotes about Roots
- Scrabble value of R1O1O1T1S1
- Anagrams of ROOTS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun roots
What does roots mean as a name of something?
- the condition of belonging to a particular place or group by virtue of social or ethnic or cultural lineage
Alternative definition of the noun roots
- "Roots" is a 1955 Mexican drama film directed by Benito Alazraki. It was entered into the 1955 Cannes Film Festival.
- also known as Raíces, Radici, Wortels, Racines
- country: Mexico
- language: Spanish Language
- producer: Manuel Barbachano Ponce
- written by Benito Alazraki, Manuel Barbachano Ponce, Juan de la Cabada, Fernando Espejo, José Miguel García Ascot, Carlos Velo, María Elena Lazo
- based on a story by Francisco Rojas González
- Juan de la Cruz as Esteban
- Juan Cano as Don Remigio
- Rafael Ramírez as The Cousin
- Conchita Montes as The City Woman
- Eduardo Urruchua as The City Man
- Olimpia Alazraki as Jane Davis
- Doctor González
- Juan Hernández as Mariano
- Ángel Lara as The Priest
- Miguel Ángel Negrón as The One-Eyed Kid
- Antonia Hernández as The Mother
- Mario Herrera as The Mother's Friend
- Alicia del Lago as Xanath
- Carlos Robles Gil as Eric
- Teódalo González as Teódulo
- Laura Holt as Vivian
- Fernando Marcos
- cinematography by Hans Beimler & Walter Reuter
- edited by Miguel Campos & Luis Sobreyra
- music by Blas Galindo, Rodolfo Halffter, Pablo L. Moncayo, Guillermo Noriega
- genre: Drama
- released on (60 years ago)
- award: - Ariel Award - Golden Ariel, received by Benito Alazraki
- "Roots" a.k.a. "Poor Relatives": Bednye Rodstvenniki is a 2005 comedy film, close in style to "The 12 chairs" and "The Small Golden Calf"; based on the novels by Ilya Ilf and Evgeniy Petrov.
- read more about Poor Relatives
- "Roots" is a 2008 short drama film written and directed by Eileen Hofer.
- also known as Racines
- country: Switzerland
- language: Turkish Language
- producer: Eileen Hofer
- written by Eileen Hofer
- cinematography by Gregory Bindschedler
- edited by Valentin Rotelli
- music by Erdem Helvacıoğlu
- genres: Family, Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Roots" a.k.a. "The Roots" is a documentary film directed by Kaoru Ikeya.
- read more about The Roots
Phrases with Roots
- Iries in Roots Meets Alpha & Omega
- Daisy Roots
- grass roots
- Put Down Roots
- spinal nerve roots
- Indo-European Roots
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Roots
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Brian Bailie
The problem with discovering your roots is that the more digging you do, the dirtier you can get.
by Don W. Robertson
Sowing Seeds for America's Roots is a fascinating look at the history of the United States, with an eye toward where our nation might be heading. Author Don W. Robertson feels that this great country has hit its financial and military peak.
by Hakem Saleh
Roots. meaning. necess neur, nerv nox, noc nomen, nomin null, nihil, nil nym, onym, onom nasc, nat, gnant, nai nom, nym nov, neo narls, na necro necto nema nemoral nephr neur nictitat nigr non nona noth notho noto nuclx nuch nua nulli ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Carlina acaulis Roots .... White. 15. Scandix chaerefolium . . . Leaves. . . . Chervil . . . Sulph. yellow. 16. Matricaria chamomilla .
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
Tie oerb, flowers, and roots. Antispasmodic, escic, cathartic. A warm infusion. Jriacsn. Arfenic. Corrosive .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Roots
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Roots
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: juliejordanscott
A tree clinging to the hillside at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Photo credit: SFB579 Namaste
Photo credit: Angel Xavier Viera
Photo credit: Michael_Lehet
Photo credit: coccu
Photo credit: zappowbang
Photo credit: DBduo Photography
Photo credit: jonfeinstein
heap of roots in a forest
Photo credit: hans s
Photo credit: ptc24
Recoleta, Buenos Aires
Photo credit: jglsongs
Photo credit: Ross Griff
Photo credit: Éamonn
- Roots (Spring)
Photo credit: Alistair-Hamilton
- Rutland Roots
A tree with any roots at the side of Rutland Water
Photo credit: markjohnrichards
- Big Banyan Roots
Near Queen Emma Summer Palace
Photo credit: dannyman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Roots
Click on an item to play that video:
- English Vocabulary: Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes
- Rabbi Lawrence Kelemen - The Historical Roots & Underlying Meaning of Christmas & New Year
There are many people (even Jews, r"l) who celebrate Christmas and the New Year (on Jan 1) and have no idea of where they came from and what they mean.
- IELTS Building Vocabulary - Prefixes, Suffixes and Word Roots
IELTS Building Vocabulary - Prefixes, Suffixes and Word Roots by IELTS ELIXIR Instructor: Sajjad Hosseini ielts-elixir.com facebook.com/MH.IeltsElixir.
- Commonly Confused Word Roots in Medical Terminology
2 - Basic Suffixes, Prefixes & Roots in Medical Terminology.
- Definition of nth Roots
- Put down roots Meaning
Video shows what put down roots means. to do things which show that one wishes to stay put. to feel that one belong in a place. Put down roots Meaning.
- English Usage: Vocabulary-1 (Roots/ Etymology)
This video will help you to prepare for various competitive exams like Bank PO, SSC, CSAT, CLAT, BBA, Fashion Designing, Hotel Management, Campus ...
- Repeated Roots (explanation of magic)
- Medical Terminology (Prefixes, Roots, Suffixes)
- English Vocabulary: Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes
Primary 6 Literacy Mar 2015.
- Quadratic Equations, Lecture - 1, Maths ( Definition, Quadratic Formula, Nature of roots )
This is the first part of the lecture for understanding Quadratic equations in Maths for preparing for JEE, AIEEE, BITS and other engineering exams. The lectures ...
- Roots Meaning
Video shows what roots means. Category:English plurals. Ancestors. Beginnings. roots pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary.
- Open Campus Medical Terminology Module 3 - Roots and Combining Forms
- AswMBR program to delete viruses from its roots with explanation
- Definition of Zeros and Roots
- Enhance Vocabulary by Roots ( Session 7) for CAT, GMAT, GRE, SSC by Dinesh Sir
- Vocabulary Roots Preview - from MyOrangeSlate.com
The first 2.5 minutes of the Vocabulary Roots lecture on MyOrangeSlate.com MyOrangeSlate- to learn the way you always wanted! For fully online training ...
- English Roots and Language Reconstruction
- Indo European Language has roots in paleolithic Africa
- Inuktitut Podcast Project - Verb Roots
This is a video podcast for the Inuit Cultural Online Resource. This video is part of the Inuktitut Podcast Project. This video is part of a series to teach the ...
- ESL students participate in Roots and Shoots program
Ashland Park Robbins Elementary school students have gotten into seeds, weeds, and vegetation.
- Cristina Banfi: 'The Landscape of Language Teaching: Roots, Routes and Ramifications'
FAAPI 2013 - Keynote presentation (September 26th, 2013) Cristina Banfi: 'The Landscape of Language Teaching: Roots, Routes and Ramifications' The last ...
- PHS Medical Roots Project Description, Anatomical Terms, Homeostasis
- Agile Roots 2010 - Cucumber: Automating the Requirements Language You Already Speak
By: Ben Mabey User Stories have become common practice among Agile teams. Cucumber is a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) tool, written in Ruby, that ...
- David Durango - Roots Language
- Language and the Theological Roots of Scientific Classification
Jose de Acosta and the Production of Modernity's Racial Imagination Center for the Study of Science and Religion Associate Professor, Theology and Black ...
- Education Book Review: Dictionary of Word Roots and Combining Forms by Donald J. Borror
- Roots: #4 Written Language
- The Importance of Language and Roots in Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels
- Visual Dictionary - Roots / (Pepi)
Sound track : Giant Steps / Gary Willis.
See also the pronunciation examples of Roots!
Quotes about Roots
Mother is the root.
Children are the shoots.
Roots take care of the shoots.
Shoots have no care for roots.
They have other things to care.
Roots don’t bother. Can mother?
17.07.2006 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about roots...
Scrabble value of R1O1O1T1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine