Sam appears in the following tongue twister:
- Ed Nott was shot and Sam Shott was not. So it is better to be Shott than Nott. Some say Nott was not shot. But Shott says he shot Nott. Either the shot Shott shot at Nott was not shot, or Nott was shot. If the shot Shott shot shot Nott, Nott was shot. But if the shot Shott shot shot Shott, the shot was Shott, not Nott. However, the shot Shott shot shot not Shott - but Nott. So, Ed Nott was shot and that's hot! Is it not?
Sam appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Peel Sam asleep!
- Ma's story rots Sam.
- Deb, smash Sam's bed!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun sam
- Other definitions of sam
- Phrases with Sam
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sam
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sam
- Photos about Sam
- Videos about Sam
- Sign language
- Quotes about Sam
- Scrabble value of S1A1M3
- Anagrams of SAM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sam
What does sam mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a guided missile fired from land or shipboard against an airborne target
- examples: When he got to the party, Sam made a bee line for the food. | John has the complete collection of Sam's music. | Sam got a raw deal when he was laid off just before his job would have become permanent. | Sam helps whoever asks him to. | Sam is familiar with things Japanese. | Sam is earnest about his work. | Sam is serious about his work. | Sam has promised to pay the money at the end of the month. | Sam owns a fishmonger's business. | Sam made the school basketball team.
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of SAM: surface-to-air missile
- more generic term: guided missile = a rocket-propelled missile whose path can be controlled during flight either by radio signals or by internal homing devices
- more specific words:
- part of: surface-to-air missile system = the shipboard system that fires missiles at aircraft
Alternative definition of the noun sam
- [slang] Federal narcotics agent.
Other definitions of sam
What does sam also mean?
- Surface-to-air missile
Sam a.k.a. Samoa, officially the Independent State of Samoa, formerly known as Western Samoa, is an Oceanian country encompassing the western part of the Samoan Islands in the South Pacific Ocean. It became independent from New Zealand in 1962. The two main islands of Samoa are Upolu and Savai'i, one of the biggest islands in Polynesia. The capital city, Apia, and Faleolo International Airport are situated on the island of Upolu.
- also known as Western Samoa, Sāmoa, Independent State of Samoa, Malo Sa'oloto Tuto'atasi o Sāmoa
- founded on (54 years ago)
- part of Oceania, Samoan Islands, Pacific Ocean
- read more about Samoa (country)
- Sam a.k.a. Ulysses S. Grant was the 18th President of the United States. In 1865, as commanding general, Grant led the Union Armies to victory over the Confederacy in the American Civil War. He then implemented Congressional Reconstruction, often at odds with President Andrew Johnson. Twice elected president, Grant led the Radical Republicans in their effort to remove the vestiges of Confederate nationalism and slavery, protect African-American citizenship, and defeat the Ku Klux Klan.
- read more about Ulysses S. Grant
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Neill: Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is an Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies. He won a broad international audience in 1993 for his roles as Alisdair Stewart in The Piano and Dr. Alan Grant in Jurassic Park, a role he reprised in 2001's Jurassic Park III. Neill also had notable roles in Merlin, The Hunt for Red October, and The Tudors. He holds New Zealand, British and Irish nationality, but identifies primarily as a New Zealander.
- read more about Sam Neill (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Elliott: Samuel Pack "Sam" Elliott is an American actor. His rangy physique, thick horseshoe moustache, deep, resonant voice, and Western drawl lend to frequent casting as cowboys and ranchers. His other credits over the years have included playing Marvel Comics characters General Ross in Hulk, and the The Caretaker in Ghost Rider.
- read more about Sam Elliott (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel L. Jackson: Samuel Leroy Jackson is an American actor and film producer. He achieved prominence and critical acclaim in the early 1990s with films such as Jungle Fever, Patriot Games, Amos & Andrew, True Romance, Jurassic Park and his collaborations with director Quentin Tarantino in the films Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. He is a highly prolific actor, appearing in over 100 films, including Die Hard with a Vengeance, Unbreakable, Shaft, The 51st State, Black Snake Moan, Snakes on a Plane and the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
- read more about Samuel L. Jackson (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Dashiell Hammett: Samuel Dashiell Hammett was an American author of hard-boiled detective novels and short stories, a screenplay writer, and political activist. Among the enduring characters he created are Sam Spade, Nick and Nora Charles, and the Continental Op.
- read more about Dashiell Hammett (novelist)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Kinison: Samuel Burl "Sam" Kinison was an American stand-up comedian and actor. Kinison was known for his intense, harsh and politically incorrect humor. A former Pentecostal preacher, he performed stand-up routines that were most often characterized by an intense style, similar to enthusiastic preachers, punctuated by his trademark scream. He died in a car crash on April 10, 1992.
- read more about Sam Kinison (comedian)
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel West: Samuel Alexander Joseph West, also known as Sam West, is an English actor and director. He is perhaps best known for his role in the film Howards End and his work on stage.
- read more about Samuel West (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Mumba: Samantha Tamania Anne Cecilia Mumba is an Irish singer and actress. She shot to fame in 2000 with the release of her debut single "Gotta Tell You", which reached the Top 10 in Ireland, United Kingdom and the US. After a relatively short music career, she starred in numerous films, most notably in the 2002 film The Time Machine. She has also appeared in a number of Irish independent films. She returned to public attention when she appeared in the 2008 series of Dancing on Ice. In 2011 Mumba confirmed her retirement from music and to focus mainly on her acting career.
- read more about Samantha Mumba (dance-pop artist)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Milby: Samuel Lloyd "Sam" Lacia Milby, is a Filipino-American former reality TV contestant, actor, commercial model, and recording artist, of dual American and Filipino citizenship.
- read more about Sam Milby
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Eggar is an English film, television and voice actress.
- read more about Samantha Eggar (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Gautam Rode is an Indian actor and model. He is best known for his lead role of Saraswatichandra in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's show Saraswatichandra. He was awarded Best Actor at the 145th Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the show in 2014.
- read more about Gautam Rode (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Hui: Samuel Hui Koon-kit, usually known as Sam Hui, is a Hong Kong Cantopop musician, singer, songwriter, and actor. He is credited with popularising Cantopop both with the infusion of Western-style music and using popular, street Cantonese jargon in his lyrics writing. Hui is considered by some to be the first major superstar of Cantopop.
- read more about Sam Hui (singer)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Faiers: Samantha "Sam" Faiers is an English television personality and former glamour model. Faiers is best known for starring as herself in the ITV2 semi-reality programme The Only Way Is Essex. In 2014, she competed in the thirteenth series of Celebrity Big Brother, finishing in fifth place.
- read more about Sam Faiers
- Sam a.k.a. Sammi Hanratty: Samantha Lynne "Sammi" Hanratty is an American actress. In 2007, she began her acting career portraying young Charlotte "Chuck" Charles on the ABC series Pushing Daisies. Hanratty's first lead role took place in 2009 she portrayed Chrissa Maxwell in An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong. In 2011 She played the role Whitney Brown in the movie The Greening of Whitney Brown. Hanratty serves as a StarPower Ambassador for Starlight Children's Foundation.
- read more about Sammi Hanratty (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Taylor-Wood: Samantha "Sam" Taylor-Johnson OBE, is an English filmmaker, photographer and visual artist. Her directorial feature film debut came in 2009 with Nowhere Boy, a film based on the childhood experiences of the Beatles songwriter and singer John Lennon. She is one of a group of artists known as the Young British Artists. She is married to English actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson.
- read more about Sam Taylor-Wood
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Champion: Samuel James "Sam" Champion is an American weather anchor who is best known for his combined 25-year career on the ABC flagship station WABC-TV and Good Morning America.
- read more about Sam Champion
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Bee is a Canadian-American comedic actress and author best known as a cast member on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. In 2012, Bee surpassed Stephen Colbert as The Daily Show's longest-serving regular correspondent all-time.
- read more about Samantha Bee
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Riegel: Samuel Brent Oscar Riegel also known as Sam Regal, or Jack Lingo, is a voice actor, writer and director who appears in cartoons, anime and video game series. He voiced Donatello in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 series, and Riven in the Nickelodeon series Winx Club. He began his career as a child actor in theater in Virginia, where he landed the role of Gavroche in the musical Les Misérables at the Kennedy Center. He went on to tour with the show in 26 cities across America, eventually moving to New York City to perform in Broadway and off-Broadway shows. In 1994, he graduated from the Professional Children's School on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and enrolled at the University of Virginia, where he was a member of the award-winning a cappella group The Academical Village People. After completing college, he returned to New York City to pursue his voice acting career. On September 11, 2001, he witnessed the attacks on the World Trade Center and recorded his experiences, capturing footage that was featured in several documentaries about it. He lives and works in Los Angeles, CA.
- read more about Sam Riegel (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Pinto: Samuelle Lynne Acosta "Sam" Pinto is a Filipino actress and commercial model.
- read more about Sam Pinto
- Sam a.k.a. Sarah Lahbati: Sarah Alzol Lahbati is a Swiss-Filipino actress and reality show contestant who gained media attention as a finalist on the 5th season of StarStruck, a Philippine overall talent show broadcast on GMA Network.
- read more about Sarah Lahbati (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Bottoms: Samuel John "Sam" Bottoms was an American actor and producer.
- read more about Sam Bottoms (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Boscarino: Samantha Joann Boscarino is an American actress from Ventura County, California.
- read more about Samantha Boscarino (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Simon Eder is an Austrian biathlete.
- read more about Simon Eder
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Farha: Ihsan "Sam" Farha is a professional poker player. He is best known for finishing as runner up in the World Series of Poker main event in 2003 and has won three bracelets at the WSOP.
- read more about Sam Farha
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Mikulak: Samuel "Sam" Mikulak is an American artistic gymnast. He is a seven-time NCAA champion in gymnastics, winning the all-around and several other titles in 2011, 2013 and 2014 NCAA Men's Gymnastics championship and was a member of the U.S. men's gymnastics team that competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- read more about Sam Mikulak
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Phillips: Samantha Phillips is an American actress, talk-show host, reality TV host, radio DJ, producer, and model. She is perhaps best known for her early role in the 1988 action-horror film Phantasm II. Currently she is the host of a radio show called The Single Life.
- read more about Sam Phillips (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Attwater: Samuel Attwater is an English actor and singer who played Leon Small in the British soap opera EastEnders and its online spin-off EastEnders: E20.
- read more about Sam Attwater (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Simon Rodia: Sabato "Simon" Rodia was an Italian-American artist who created the Watts Towers,or, as he called them, Nuestro Pueblo, a Los Angeles landmark.
- read more about Simon Rodia
- SAM a.k.a. Nils Koppruch was a musician, artist and singer-songwriter.
- read more about Nils Koppruch
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Munro is a Canadian actress. She is best known for her role as Anya MacPherson on Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- read more about Samantha Munro (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Irons is an actor and photographer.
- read more about Samuel Irons
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Haus: Mihai Samuel Haus is a Swedish actor. He is most known for portraying the role of Tsatsiki in the Swedish film Tsatsiki, Morsan och Polisen.
- read more about Samuel Haus (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Roberta Pedon is the stage name of a big-bust American glamour model who appeared in men's magazines in the 1970s.
- read more about Roberta Pedon
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Schacher is an actress.
- read more about Samantha Schacher (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Masaharu Maruyama is the husband of Namie Amuro.
- read more about Masaharu Maruyama
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Z. Arkoff: Samuel Zachary Arkoff was an American producer of B movies.
- read more about Samuel Z. Arkoff (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Hoffenstein: Samuel "Sam" Hoffenstein was a screenwriter and a musical composer. Born in Russia, he emigrated to the United States and began a career in New York City as a newspaper writer and in the entertainment business. In 1931 he moved to Los Angeles, where he lived for the rest of his life and where he wrote the scripts for over thirty movies. These movies included Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Miracle Man, Phantom of the Opera, The Wizard of Oz, Tales of Manhattan, Flesh and Fantasy, Laura, and Ernst Lubitsch's Cluny Brown.
- read more about Samuel Hoffenstein
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Bloom is an actress.
- read more about Samantha Bloom (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. SanDee Pitnick is an actress, dancer and the wife of Jerry Lewis.
- read more about SanDee Pitnick (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Reid is an Australian synchronized swimmer. She participated in the 2008 Olympics and the 2012 Summer Olympics, representing Australia.
- read more about Samantha Reid
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Albert: Samantha Majendie-Albert is a Canadian-born equestrian who represents Jamaica in international competition. She was born in Canada to a Jamaican mother and an English father, and grew up in Canada and Jamaica.
- read more about Samantha Albert
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Kahanamoku: Samuel Alapai Kahanamoku was an American competition swimmer who represented the United States at the 1924 Summer Olympics in Paris, France.
- read more about Samuel Kahanamoku
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Schneider is an actor.
- read more about Samuel Schneider (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Garner Affleck is the son of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.
- read more about Samuel Garner Affleck
- Sam a.k.a. S. N. Behrman: Samuel Nathaniel Behrman was an American playwright, screenwriter, biographer, and longtime writer for The New Yorker.
- read more about S. N. Behrman
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Hart is an actress.
- read more about Samantha Hart (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Hamill is an Australian swimmer. She is competed for Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- read more about Samantha Hamill
- Sam a.k.a. Salman Nazar: Salman Bin Nazar is a Pakistani-born Canadian first class cricketer who plays for the Canada national cricket team. Raza is a left-handed bastman and bowls Slow left-arm orthodox Bowler.
- read more about Salman Nazar
- Sam a.k.a. Samuel Child is an actor.
- read more about Samuel Child (actor)
- Sam a.k.a. Andy Griffith Jr. was a film producer and a real estate entrepreneur.
- read more about Andy Griffith Jr.
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Weaver is an Actor and Film Producer.
- read more about Samantha Weaver (actress)
- Sam a.k.a. Sven Budja is a singer.
- read more about Sven Budja
SAM is a musical group.
- albums: "Synthetic Adrenaline Music", "Destruction Unit", "Brainwasher"
- official website: www.project-sam.com
- Sam a.k.a. SAM Colombia: SAM was a Colombian airline. The airline, with its main hub at El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia, was operating domestic and international routes and was a subsidiary airline of Avianca. As of 2004 its headquarters was in the Avianca headquarters in Bogotá.
- official website: www.avianca.com
- SAM: The name SAM stands for Stephanos A. Mbaltas, the founder of this Greek company, one of several that produced three-wheeler trucks in that country, in business between 1966 and 1974. Its first models used 1200cc Volkswagen air-cooled engines, while Ford 1300cc engines powered later models. The chassis developed by SAM was very robust and some of its trucks were surviving 30 years after the company went out of business.
- Sam was a blind pure-bred Chinese Crested hairless dog, and three time champion of the annual Sonoma-Marin Fair World's Ugliest Dog Contest in Northern California in 2003–2005. His ugliness gained him international fame and celebrity – his death was a top headline on major news websites.
- born in (25 years ago)
- died on (10 years ago)
- official website: www.samugliestdog.com
- Sam is an animal actor.
There are other animals with in their name, like Sam the Dog.
- Sam a.k.a. Cannonball is a fictional Marvel Comics superhero, associated with the X-Men. Created by writer Chris Claremont and artist Bob McLeod, Cannonball first appeared in Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants.
- read more about Cannonball
- Sam a.k.a. Samwise Gamgee: Samwise "Sam" Gamgee is a fictional character in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium. Samwise is one of the chief characters in Tolkien's novel The Lord of the Rings, in which he fills an archetypical role as the sidekick of the primary protagonist, Frodo Baggins.
- read more about Samwise Gamgee
- Sam a.k.a. Sarah Walker: Sarah Lisa Bartowski is the alias of one of the main characters of the fictional television show Chuck on NBC. She is portrayed by Yvonne Strahovski and is one of two agents assigned by the NSA and CIA to protect Chuck Bartowski after he unwittingly downloads the secret government computer known as the Intersect into his brain.
- read more about Sarah Walker
- Sam is a fictional character created by Michael Dougherty, appearing first in Dougherty's 1996 short film, Season's Greetings, and then in the horror film Trick 'r Treat. He was played by child actor Quinn Lord in the film. Appearing as a seemingly innocent masked trick-or-treater, Sam is revealed to be a demonic pumpkin-like creature who acts as the enforcer for the rules and traditions of Halloween.
- Sam a.k.a. Sām, also transliterated Saam is a mythical hero of ancient Persia, and an important character in the Shahnameh epic. He was the son of Nariman, grandson of Garshasp and father to Zāl. He was Iran's champion during the rule of Fereydun, Manuchehr and Nowzar. He was appointed by Manuchehr to rule Zabulistan, and then Mazandaran. After Manuchehr, because of Nowzar's corrupted and failed rulership, Iranian champions asked Sām to rule Iran. Sām didn't accept, he supported Nowzar and advised him to follow Fereydun and Manuchehr. Sām returned to Mazandaran, and died soon after that. Afrasiab then attacked Zabulistan.
- Sam a.k.a. Samantha Stephens is an american house-wife that is also a witch. She has a twitch in her nose that has always been her main characteristic in doing magic. In 1964 she married a mortal named Darrin Stephens; she wanted to have a normal life so she and Darrin make an agreement that she would never use witchcraft, just in emergency cases, and have a mortal and happy life. Much to the dismay of her parents, Endora and Maurice, that doesn't like the fact that their daughter is giving away her heritage.
- read more about Samantha Stephens
- Sam is a fictional character from the 2011 film Friends with Benefits.
- Sam a.k.a. Sa5m is a fictional character from the comedy film Bandslam.
- Sam a.k.a. Sam Puckett: Samantha "Sam" Puckett is a fictional character from the popular children's show, iCarly. She is played by Jennette McCurdy. Sam's full name is Samantha, but everyone calls her by her nickname, Sam.
- read more about Sam Puckett
- Sam is a fictional character from 2007 film Enchanted.
- Sam is a fictional film character.
- Sam is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- Sam is a fictional character from the 2010 film Black Heaven.
- Sam is a character in the film Garden State. The film was released in 2004 and this character was played by Natalie Portman.
- Sam is a fictional character from the 2011 film Like Crazy.
There are other characters with in their name, like Sam Ho, sam man, Sam Sun, Sam-Yuk, Sam Ball, Sam Bass, Sam Baum, Sam Bell, Sam Carr, Sam Chen, Sam Cook, Sam Finn, Sam Gill, Sam Gold, Sam Grey, Sam Hall, Sam I Am, Sam King, Sam Lane and Sam Leve.
- "Sam" is a song from 1977 performed by Australian singer Olivia Newton-John. It was written by Don Black, Hank Marvin and John Farrar and appears on Newton-John's album, Don't Stop Believin'. Farrar also produced the album. "Sam" went to number one on the Easy Listening chart and number twenty on the Hot 100.
- "SAM" is a musical album of Calvin Russell.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Sam" is the second studio album from former Yugoslav and Serbian hard rock/heavy metal band Osvajači.
"Sam" is a book by Francine Pascal.
- also known as "Sam (Fearless)", "Sam (Sweet Valley University)", "Sam (Fearless 2)"
- genres: Fiction, Children's literature, Crime Fiction
- subjects: Love, Adventure, Adolescence
- "Sam" a.k.a. "I Am Sam" is an award-winning film, directed by Jessie Nelson and written by Jessie Nelson & Kristine Johnson.
- read more about I Am Sam
- "Sam" is a 2013 family drama film written by Georges Guerreiro and directed by Elena Hazanov.
- "Sam" is a 2012 short drama fantasy film written and directed by Sal Bardo.
- "Sam" is a 2011 comedy film written by John A. Gallagher and Nicholas Brooks and directed by John A. Gallagher.
- producers: Sylvia Caminer, John A. Gallagher, Nicholas Brooks
- production design by Maggie Levin
- art direction by Danielle Hannah Bensky
- written by John A. Gallagher & Nicholas Brooks
- casting by Sig De Miguel & Stephen Vincent
- cinematography by Craig DiBona
- music by Ernie Mannix
- genre: Comedy
- released in (5 years ago)
- "Sam" is a 1967 Western film from Larry Buchanan.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Western
- released in (49 years ago)
- "Sam" is a 1986 American short documentary film directed by Aaron D. Weisblatt. It focuses on Sam Phelps, a New York State farmer who is opposed to the destruction of a nearby watershed, and argues for better planning and land management. The film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Short.
- SAM a.k.a. S-Adenosyl methionine is a common cosubstrate involved in methyl group transfers. SAM was first discovered in Italy by G. L. Cantoni in 1952. It is made from adenosine triphosphate and methionine by methionine adenosyltransferase. Transmethylation, transsulfuration, and aminopropylation are the metabolic pathways that use SAM. Although these anabolic reactions occur throughout the body, most SAM is produced and consumed in the liver.
- read more about S-Adenosyl methionine
- Sam is a multi-file text editor based on structural regular expressions. It was originally designed in the early 1980s at Bell Labs by Rob Pike with the help of Ken Thompson and other Unix developers for the Blit windowing terminal running on Unix; it was later ported to other systems. Sam follows a classical modular Unix aesthetic. It is internally simple, its power leveraged by the composability of a small command language and extensibility through shell integration.
- developer: Bell Labs
- genre: Text editor
- license: Lucent Public License
- official website: swtch.com/plan9port/man/man1/sam.html
- Sam a.k.a. The Shan language is the native language of Shan people and spoken mostly in Shan State, Burma. It is also used in pockets of Kachin State in Burma, in northern Thailand, and decreasingly in Assam. Shan is a member of the Tai–Kadai language family, and is related to Thai. It has five tones, which do not correspond exactly to Thai tones, plus a "sixth tone" used for emphasis. It is called Tai Yai, or Tai Long in the Tai languages.
- read more about Shan Language
- Sam is a television drama series written by John Finch and produced by Granada Television between 1973 and 1975 for broadcast on ITV. Finch also created and wrote A Family At War for Granada.
- Sam is an American crime drama television series that aired on the CBS network from March 14 to April 18, 1978. It told the story of a Los Angeles police officer, Mike Breen, and his specially-trained police dog, Sam, a Labrador Retriever.
- Sam the Olympic Eagle was the mascot of the 1984 Summer Olympics which were held in Los Angeles. He is a bald eagle, which is the national bird of the United States, where the games were held. Intended as a patriotic symbol, being named Sam also suggests a kinship with Uncle Sam, another American symbol. He was designed by Disney Legend Bob Moore, an artist for Disney.
- Sam was a British Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. In a career that lasted from April 1818 to May 1819 he ran nine times and won three races. In May 1818 he defeated fifteen opponents to record his most important win in the Epsom Derby. His only other wins came in a walkover and a match race. After running without success as a four-year-old, Sam was retired to stud but made no impact as a sire of winners.
- Sam: In the Book of Mormon, Sam was the third son of Lehi, and elder brother to the prophet Nephi. Early in the Book of Mormon narrative, Nephi confided in Sam. Lehi saw Sam in his vision of the tree of life, noting that he ate the precious fruit, symbolizing the righteousness of Sam, and that he would be saved. Upon the death of Lehi, Sam followed his brother Nephi in the establishment of the Nephites.
- Sam, was an army dog who served with the Royal Army Veterinary Corps Dog Unit. While serving in Bosnia and Herzegovina in the 1990s, Sam helped to apprehend an armed man and also to hold back an armed mob besieging a compound where Serbs were taking refuge. He received the Dickin Medal, the animals' equivalent of the Victoria Cross, in 2003 for these acts of bravery.
- Sam a.k.a. Samaritan Aramaic language: Samaritan Aramaic, or Samaritan, is the dialect of Aramaic used by the Samaritans in their sacred and scholarly literature. This should not be confused with the Samaritan Hebrew language of the Scriptures. Samaritan Aramaic ceased to be a spoken language some time between the 10th and the 12th centuries.
- also known as Samaritan Aramaic
Phrases with Sam
Phrases starting with the word Sam:
Phrases ending with the word Sam:
Other phrases containing the word Sam:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Got Your Attention? (2015)
How to Create Intrigue and Connect with Anyone by Sam Horn
Sam is an in-demand media resource whose work has been featured in Fast Company, The New York Times, and The...
Selected Papers from the 2011 International Conference on Electric and Electronics (EEIC 2011) in Nanchang, China on June 20-22, 2011 by Wensong Hu
SAM is a most important data platform of many economic analysis methods, but great deal time and energy are immersed...
by Anna Santos
” Sam is a fallen angel.
The Last Thirteen (2014)
by James Phelan
Sam is a Dreamer.
In Two Volumes. ... by Theophilus Jones
is called Sam y Cyrtieu. Sam is a hard stony road or causeway, and was the appellation by which the Britons always described the Roman military ways ; Cyrtieu is the plural of Cwrt or Cwrdd, to meet, or substantively a meeting or assembly, ...
Multisector Growth Models (2009)
Theory and Application by Terry L. Roe, Rodney B. W. Smith, D. Sirin Saracoglu
A SAM is a double-entry accounting system that owes its origins to the work of Nobel Laureate, Sir Richard Stone, founder of the United Nations' System of National Accounts (SNA).1 ASAM shows the major flows of income sources and ...
by Robert W. Hamblin, Charles A. Peek
old Sam Fathers who taught him to hunt...
Containing a Full and Familiar Explanation of All the Remarkable Words Made Use Of, in the Holy Scriptures, and in the Writings of the Most Eminent and Pious Divines, Whether Ancient Or Modern ... To which is Added, a Brief Explication of All the Proper Names Found in Sacred Scripture ... by John Fleetwood
Sam, xxi 2. - Adullam, heb. An ornament; the name of a city, Josh. xii. 12. Aeneas, gr. Praise worthy; the name of a man. Aëts ix .
by Donald J. Sobol
Shoeless Sam was just one home run away. Everyone wanted to see him become the new long ball king. Encyclopedia and Pinky took the number seven bus to the ball field and chatted excitedly about the game ahead. The Gators had a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sam
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jaymis
Photo credit: zimpenfish
Photo credit: topdrawersausage
Photo credit: Pirate Alice
Photo credit: ZapTheDingbat
Photo credit: mherzber
Photo credit: topdrawersausage
age 2 years 5 months
Photo credit: topdrawersausage
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: sk8geek
Photo credit: ChrisYunker
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: pjmbarlickoz
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: haroldmeerveld
Photo credit: harry-m
German Shorthaired Pointer
Photo credit: haroldmeerveld
Photo credit: deanj
German shorthaired Pointer
Photo credit: haroldmeerveld
- SAM MCCANN
Photo credit: NAPARAZZI
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sam
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Definition Of Faith Message By Rev Sam P Chelladurai
The Definition Of Faith Message By Rev Sam P Chelladurai.
- Sam meaning and pronunciation
Sam is a really great guy who has many friends and many people love him. You can trust him with everything and anything! He is always there for his friends and ...
- Sam's Explanation of L v F II
- Game of B.L.A.D.E. Will Slang Vs Sam Sarge
Locals Will Slang and Sam Sarge have a showdown on 4 wheels.
- Sam's Vocabulary Parade 2011
Students dressed as a math vocabulary word for this years theme.
- Sam Rainsy Party - Explanation of Sam Rainsy after Cooperation
- Sam Meaning
Video shows what sam means. Surface-to-air missile. Sam Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say sam. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Indestructible Sam Meaning
- Sam Meaning
Video shows what Sam means. , a diminutive or shortening of Samuel, or rarely of Samson.. Sam Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- SAM CASTRO - THE MEANING OF METADATA - Politics in the Pub - 05/01/15
- Sam's explanation of 5 years
- SAM Rolmine 4 - Role Definition
- Sam H. Ham - Meaning Making as the endgame of Interpretation
CNV seminar held at SLU, 4th Sep 2015. The seminar was organized by the Swedish Centre for Nature Interpretation, SCNI, and held during the course ...
- Education Book Review: Vocabulary Cartoons: SAT Word Power by Sam Burchers
- Artist Lavarne Ross - "Sam's Life" - Meaning and Inspiration
- Getting a mortgage. The plain English Explanation, with Sam Wick...
- Dr. Sam Potolicchio on Body Language at Georgetown University
- Microsoft Sam knows the second longest word in the English Language
Microsoft Sam knows the second longest word in the English Language which is: ...
- Talking Sam language
- Ps Sam Monk - The language of the Kingdom - 29th March 2015
Ps Sam Monk from Equippers Church shares a great message on the Language of the kingdom.
- GO4Wargame ESL NOVEMBER FINALS: SAM (Pikachu and Yakkuke) vs Shazbot (DWR and Sieksa)
It was a hyper competitive month in November and despite all of it SAM and Shazbot were successful in both making it to another November finals. Both teams ...
- Sam Mutiso #freeAndOpen -Kamba Language
Name: Sam Mutiso School: Kenyatta University Country: Kenya Region: EMEA Saying the MANTRA* IT IS OURS AND IT IS FREE A FREE AND OPEN WORLD ...
- Sam Bedi Piano Tutorials : How Music Is A Global Language
Sam Bedi Piano Tutorials : How Music Is A Global Language Music theory does not change from one country or language to another. Sam shows how this ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Sam!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sam RB 'Stand Tall in NZ Sign Language'
Vote For Stand Tall & make it NZ's Olympic Anthem for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- Sam's Story (in British Sign Language)
Getting paid at the same time as getting a qualification sounds good right? Sam tells us about his Apprenticeship and how easy it is.
- Quantum Leap: Sam Learning Sign Language
Quantum Leap, Season 3, 'Private Dancer'
- British Sign Language - General Online Safety Advice from Lisa and Sam
Some outputs in British Sign Language from a Safer Internet Day #SID2014 activity with deaf young people and youth workers at Swansea Deaf Centre ...
- Hellen Keller sign language Sam
Quotes about Sam
Right now, I'm worth a million dollars, and I owe Uncle Sam a million-and-a-half dollars, and I made a deal with him. I said, 'Uncle Sam, I'm going to pay you 25 grand a month.' (Robert Blake)
more quotes about sam...
Scrabble value of S1A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sam!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sam to see it in context!