On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sard
What does sard mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sards
- a deep orange-red variety of chalcedony
Alternative definition of the noun sard
- [mineral] A variety of carnelian, of a rich reddish yellow or brownish red color.
- Any of various brownish red earth pigments formerly used in cosmetics and painting; has more yellow, hardly any blue (see puce), is lighter than russet and darker than traditional carnelian.
SARD Corporation is a Japanese tuning company and racing team from Toyota, Aichi, mainly competing in the Super GT series and specialising in Toyota tuning parts.
- official website: www.sard.co.jp
"Sard" is a musical album of Nizar Rohana.
- released on (7 years ago)
- Sard a.k.a. Sardinian, Logudorese Language: Logudorese Sardinian is a standardised variety of Sardinian, often considered the most conservative of all Romance languages. Its ISO 639-3 code is src.
- read more about Sardinian, Logudorese Language
- Sard is a reddish-brown chalcedony, SiO2, much used by the ancients as a gemstone. Pliny the Elder states that it was named from Sardis, in Lydia, where it was first discovered; but the name probably came with the stone from Persia. Sard was used for Assyrian cylinder-seals, Egyptian and Phoenician scarabs, and early Greek and Etruscan gems. The Hebrew odem, the first stone in the High Priest's breastplate, was a red stone, probably sard but perhaps carnelian or red jasper. Some kinds of sard closely resemble carnelian, but are usually rather harder and tougher, with a duller and more hackly fracture. Mineralogically the two stones pass into each other, and indeed they have often been regarded as identical, both being chalcedonic silica colored with iron oxide. The range of colors in sard is very great, some stones being orange-red, or hyacinthine, and others even golden, while some present so dark a brown color as to appear almost black by reflected light. The hyacinthine sard, resembling certain garnets, was the most valued variety among the ancients for cameos and intaglios.
- Sard a.k.a. sarcosine dehydrogenase is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000064625, dimethylglycine dehydrogenase-like 1
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sard
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Ben Pickering
Smith's Bible Dictionary correctly notes that, “the sard is a superior variety of agate and is sometimes called carnelian”. This is a stone of brightred colour. In its natural state it is almost orange but is always closer to red than yellow in colour.
360 crystals and sabian symbols for personal health, astrology and numerology by Marina Costelloe
A large disappointed audience Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Disjunction Jane RidderPatrick Healing Body Point: Fornix/parietal and occipital bones Crystal Element: Sard Expression: Sard is a reddishbrown variety of chalcedony.
by Mohsen Manutchehr-Danai
sard; A commercial term for translucent, uniformly colored light to dark brown or deep orange-red variety of...
sard agate; a variety of banded agate, which is similar to sardonyx or sard ...
by S W. Fallon
sard-jww, n. f. The day of the full moon in the month of Asin and openiug of Winter . S'ird-tar. Cold and wet. sard hammam, п. m. Cold bath. sard khusbk. Cold and dry. tard rut, n. f. The fourth of the six seasons, comprieiug Asin and Kuii.it, from ...
A trilingual Dictionary being a comprehensive lexicon in English, Urdú and Hindí, exhibiting the syllabication, pronunciation and etymology of English words, with their explanation in English, and in Urdú and Hindí in the Roman characters (1865)
to cool— Sard к., tar o táza к., ihádáb к., tar к., im d. — áítal к., thandhá к., visránti d., sukh d. ir/ER-ANT, a. cooling, allaying heat ; п. a cooling medicine — Sard-кип, tar-кип tar-sáz ; a. tar кат е- wall dawá, taza karne-icálí dawá, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sard
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sard
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Sard Med
Photo credit: [Alan]
- Russell E. Sard
Bain News Service,, publisher.
Russell E. Sard
[between ca. 1915 and ca. 1920]
1 negative : glass ; 5 x 7 in. or smaller.
Title from unverified data provided by the Bain News Service on the negatives or caption cards.
Forms part of: George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).
Format: Glass negatives.
- DENSO SARD SC430 Action
Super GT #1 SUZUKA 100km
Photo credit: machaq
- Soft Sard Sunset
Photo credit: [Alan]
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Sard
Video shows what sard means. A variety of carnelian, of a rich reddish yellow or brownish red color.. Any of various brownish red earth pigments formerly used ...
Quotes about Sard
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'sard"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of S1A1R1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SARD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Sard!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sard to see it in context!