On this page:
"Sarkar" is a 2005 Indian dramatic thriller film set in the world of politics and crime, directed by Ram Gopal Varma, inspired partly by the The Godfather. The film stars Amitabh Bachchan in the title role alongside his real-life son, Abhishek Bachchan as the younger son, Shankar Nagre, along with Kay Kay Menon, Katrina Kaif, Anupam Kher, Supriya Pathak and Tanisha Mukherjee.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language, Marathi Language
- producers: Parag Sanghavi & Ram Gopal Varma
- executive producer: R.R. Venkat Rao
- art direction by Sunil Nigvekar
- written by Manish Gupta
- Katrina Kaif as Pooja
- Anupam Kher as Motilal Khurana
- Tanishaa Mukerji as Avantika
- Supriya Pathak as Mrs. Pushpa Subhash Nagre
- Srinivasa Rao Kota as Silver Mani
- Amitabh Bachchan as Subhash Nagre 'Sarkar'
- Abhishek Bachchan as Shankar Nagre
- Kay Kay Menon as Vishnu Nagre
- Rushad Rana
- Priyanka Kothari as Heroine
- Ishrat Ali as Khansaab
- Rukhsar as Mrs. Amrita Vishnu Nagre
- Deepak Shirke as Chief Minister Madan Rathore
- Ravi Kale as Chander
- Raju Mavani as Vishram Bhagat
- Jeeva as Virendra Swami
- Zakir Hussain as Rashid
- cinematography by Amit Roy
- edited by Nitin Gupta, Nipun Gupta, Amit Parmar
- music by Amar Mohile
- costume design by Raghuveer Shetty
- genres: Thriller, Crime Fiction, Action Film, Drama, Bollywood
- subject: Sicilian Mafia
- released on (10 years ago)
- Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role nomination for Kay Kay Menon
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Ram Gopal Varma
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- Zee Cine Award for Best Audiography nomination for Parikshit Lalwani & Kunal Mehta
- IIFA Award for Best Actor (Subhash Nagre (Sarkar)) nomination for Amitabh Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Abhishek Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Shankar Nagre) nomination for Abhishek Bachchan
- Star Guild Award for Best Editing nomination for Nipun Gupta
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role nomination for Abhishek Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Abhishek Bachchan
- Star Guild Award for Best Editing, received by Nipun Gupta
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, received by Abhishek Bachchan
- IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor (Shankar Nagre), received by Abhishek Bachchan
- Sarkar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Alzheimer.
- Sarkar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Pilla Zamindar.
- Sarkar is a fictional character from the 1946 film Neecha Nagar.
- Sarkar is the fictional character from the 2013 film Topiwala.
- Sarkar is a fictional character from the 2011 film Badrinath.
- Sarkar is a fictional character from the 1993 film Gaayam.
There are other characters with in their name, like Chhote Sarkar.
- Sarkar a.k.a. Birendranath Sircar: B. N. Sircar /Sarkar was an Indian film producer and the founder of New Theatres Calcutta. He made Bengali-language films that were noted for introducing many film directors who later became famous. He was awarded the Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 1970 and the third highest civilian award in India, the Padma Bhushan, in 1972.
- read more about Birendranath Sircar
- Sarkar a.k.a. Chayan Sarkar is an actor, film producer and director.
- read more about Chayan Sarkar (actor)
Sarkar is an historical administrative unit, used mostly in the Mughal states of India. It was a division of a Subah or province. A sarkar was further divided into Mahallas or Parganas.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sarkar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Practical Guide by Nurul Sarkar
Sarkar is a member ...
by Tapan K. Sarkar, Magdalena Salazar-Palma, Michael C. Wicks
Sarkar is a registered professional engineer in ...
by Hu, Wen-Chen
Sarkar is an Associate Professor in the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Auckland University of...
Dr Sarkar is a member of various professional organisations and societies, including IEEE Communications Society ...
by Subir Kumar Sarkar, Asish Kumar De, Souvik Sarkar
Sarkar is a senior member of the IEEE, life fellow of the Institute of Engineers, India, and the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, India; and life member of the Indian Society for Technical Education and the Indian ...
Social Behaviour In Animals (2003)
by A. Sarkar
Amita Sarkar is a reputed lecturer.
by Madhusudan Ghosh, Debashis Sarkar, Bidhan Chandra Roy
Debashis Sarkar is an Associate Professor of Agricultural Economics at the Department of Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Economics ...
Human Stem Cells (2009)
by Amita Sarkar
Amita Sarkar is a reputed lecturer at Agra.
Redefining Governance (2015)
by Anirban Ganguly
Shivaji Sarkar is a veteran journalist, columnist, political observer and has taught journalism for decades. Tejasvi Surya is a lawyer ...
Private Sector in Education by Idfc Foundation,
Chanchal Chand Sarkar is an Indian Economic Service (IES) Officer and is currently working as ...
by Asok Kumar Sarkar
Asok Kumar Sarkar. natural divisions. One, the Himalayan north, having some hills, comprising the districts of Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar. It is very far from the state capital and neglected by the government with respect to ...
by Shriram Maheshwari
Sarkar A number of villages, in north India, together form a pargana; a certain number of parganas is known as chakla (chukla); of these a certain number form a sarkar, and a few sarkars form a subah or province. The term is often used to ...
by Jivanta Schottli, Subrata K. Mitra, Siegried Wolf
However, in 2003 the gram parishad system was reshaped as a scheme of gram sarkar, and introduced for a second time by the government. The proposed 13- member gram sarkar comprises, besides its chairman, the gram sarkar prodhan ...
by Florentin Smarandache
Sadhan Sarkar Research Scholar Affiliation Department of Mathematics Tripura University Suryamaninagar, Agartala-799022 Tripura / INDIA Research Interests fuzzy set; soft set; neutrosophic set; pattern recognition. Neutrosophic Research ...
The Panjábí Dictionary (1895)
by Maya Singh, Henry Martyn Clark
SARKAR TTHoPB «• "». Tho king's Court, Government, the head of a civil administration, the commonwealth ; the proprietor of an establishment ; the title of Maharaja Ranjit Singh; met. a one-eyed man (as Maharaja Ranjit Singh was) sarkdr ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sarkar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sarkar
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Sumit Sarkar.
Videos about Sarkar
Click on an item to play that video:
- Practical Body Language Tip from Bishal Sarkar: "ROCK THE STAGE: Ultimate Formula"
- Barun Sarkar ESL Teacher- South Korea
eslpassport.com/teachers Meet Barun Sarkar from Canada! He has been teaching in South Korea and is sharing his teaching/ living in South Korea experiences ...
- Public Speaking Body Language Tips by Bishal Sarkar from Bangalore | Communication Skills Classes
- Improve Body Language- Body Language Tips from Public Speaking Expert Bishal Sarkar
"Who is that person for you?
- Mr. Bishal Sarkar Coaching Mrs. Meera on Body Language and Punch Line
- Body Language Tips for Public Speaking & Presentation Skills by Bishal Sarkar | Bangalore
- Public Speaking Body language Tip: Enthusiasm | Expert Bishal Sarkar Bangalore
- Body Language Tips in Presentations Public Speaking Skills Video | Bishal Sarkar Bangalore
- Bishal Sarkar" NEVER Forget Your Parents, Hometown, Native Language, Teachers
- Body Language Tips for Public Speaking by Bishal Sarkar | Public Speaking Skills Bangalore
- Student of The Game! Bishal Sarkar Buys a Book on Body Language
- Robindronath Sarkar asking question on language standardization
- Hunjuwan Naal Ghusal Dewan Sarkar Day Wehray Noun
Scrabble value of S1A1R1K5A1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SARKAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sarkar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sarkar to see it in context!