On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Scavengers
What does Scavengers mean as a name of something?
- Scavengers is the vernacular name of the Lethrinidae, a family of Percoidei.
- Scavengers is the vernacular name of the Lethrinus, a genus of Lethrininae.
- "Scavengers" is a 2012 sci-fi film written and directed by Travis Zariwny.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Tyler A. Hawes & Steven Istock
- executive producers: Micah Gallo & Steven Istock
- production design by Melanie Rein
- written by Travis Zariwny
- Sean Patrick Flanery as Captain Jekel
- Jeremy London as Black Devert
- Roark Critchlow as Wake
- Kaitlin Riley as Scavenger
- Louise Linton as Emerson
- Tyler Poelle as Olos Nah
- Russell Richardson as Overkill
- Mark Cameron Wystrach as Clone
- Jennifer Jalene as Mercenary Girl
- Jennifer Jalene as Exis
- Jamie Strange as Doctor
- John Lee Ames as Data Ocean
- J.J. Nolan as Scavenger 2
- Kelley Whilden as Breathtaker
- Brett Curtze as Bar Fly
- Pavlos Skountzou as Black Scavenger
- casting by Shana Landsburg
- cinematography by Austin F. Schmidt
- edited by Josh Ethier, Brian Lancaster, Ed Marx
- costume design by Chantal Filson
- set decoration by Melanie Rein
- genre: Science Fiction
- released in
- "Scavengers" is a film, directed by Thor Freudenthal.
- "Scavengers" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- genre: Adventure Film
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Scavengers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
The prey available to scavengers is a function of the ability of animals to survive the capture process, either being discarded as unwanted by-catch or having been passed through or over by the gear (Mayer er al. 1981 , Fonds 1994, Rumhor er ...
Volume 27 - Hydrogen Cyanide to Ketones Dimethyl (Acetone) by John J. McKetta Jr
Scavengers. The most common scavenging inhibitors are used in boilers or in water injection systems to remove dissolved oxygen from the feedwater. Mechanical methods (e.g., gas stripping) are also used to reduce the dissolved oxygen ...
Scavengers alter and scatter human remains. These activities confound attempts to investigate the death and identify the individual because antemortem features may be destroyed or lost from the scene. Likewise, important perimortem ...
by Dennis R. Heldman
Active packaging system Objective Food applications Oxygen scavengers Ethylene scavengers Moisture regulators CO; scavengers Flavor/odor absorbers Antimicrobial packagings Antioxidant-releasing systems Flavor-releasing systems ...
by John F. Mongillo, Linda Zierdt-Warshaw
SCAVENGERS and DECOMPOSERS are other types of consumers.
Treatment of H2S in water-base muds requires utilization of such chemicals as H2S scavengers, e.g., ironite sponges. Carbon dioxide lightens the mud. C02 must be removed by using some method, such as surface degasser equipment.
|-v- fix constables, 13 inquest-men, fix scavengers, and a chased all the aldermanry with the appurtenances, - beadle. The origin of the name is not certainly known. 13. Cordwainers ward is bounded on the east by Wallbrook, on the south by ...
It is divided into nine precincts; and is governed by an alderman, twelve common- councilmen, cleven constables, thirteen inquest-men, nine scavengers and a beadle. It has its name from the Saxon word chepe, which signifies a market, kept ...
by Carl A. Batt
Oxygen Scavengers Oxygen present in food packages may enhance microbial growth, oxidation, off-flavor development, color changes, and Table 1 Examples of active food-packaging systems nutritional losses, causing significant reductions ...
An Encyclopedia of Garbage and Recycling around the World by Robert William Collin
Sewer Workers and Manual Scavengers On the lowest rung of the formal waste management ladder are manual sewerage workers and manual scavengers. In cities across the country, men clean septic tanks and unclog sewers under ...
Encyclopedia of Microbiology (2009)
Sodium glutamate Reacts with microbes carboxyl groups and stabilizes proteins Proline Osmoprotectant, protects cells from rapid water effluxes Glutamate Product stabilizer Oxygen scavengers Sodium thiosulfate Antioxidant Activated ...
Defining and Interpreting the Terms Or Words of Art; and Comprising Copious Information on the Subjects of Law, Trade, and Government by Sir Thomas Edlyne Tomlins
SCAVENGERS, from the Belg. schaven, to scrape or carry away.] Persons chosen into this office in London and its suburbs, who hire rakers and carts to cleanse the streets, and carry the dirt and filth thereof away. In Easter week yearly , two ...
Encyclopedia of Deserts (1999)
by Michael A. Mares, Oklahoma Museum of Natural History (Norman, Okla.)
The dominant scavengers of carcasses vary with the size of the corpse. Most large carcasses (e.g., large ungulates) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Scavengers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Scavengers
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: djjewelz
Photo credit: Jen Why?
Pigeons eat what crumbs people throw them on Royal Exchange Square.
Photo credit: alisdair
Photo credit: Jen Why?
dead fish often wash up overnight, which is why vultures can be found roaming the beach.
thinking these are immature turkey vultures, based on their beak color, neck shape and range. black vulture range isn't quite this far north, but they do look remarkably similar from a distance.
1. The Turkey Vulture uses its sense of smell to locate carrion. The part of its brain responsible for processing smells is particularly large, compared to other birds. Its heightened ability to detect odors allows it to find dead animals below a forest canopy.
2. The Turkey Vulture maintains stability and lift at low altitudes by holding its wings up in a slight dihedral (V-shape) and teetering from side to side while flying. It flies low to the ground to pick up the scent of dead animals.
Turkey Vulture - All About Birds
Photo credit: qmnonic
Photo credit: gonzo_vision
Photo credit: Richard Corfield (M0RJC)
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Scavengers
Click on an item to play that video:
- Scavengers - The Return of Indian Superheroes
The Avengers better watch their back...Competition is in town. Redundant Indian Superheroes meet to discuss their career plans and come up with a collective ...
- Dead elephant attracts scavengers
- Armored Core Verdict Day Original Soundtrack: 25 Scavengers (w/ Lyrics)
- Arctic Scavengers Review - with Tom Vasel
Tom Vasel takes a look at this deckbuilding game Buy great games at...
- Eerie critters from the deep sea: PREDATORS AND SCAVENGERS
For Halloween 2012, deep-sea animals eating or scavenging for food. In order of appearance: Black ghost shark eating a dead fish, galaxy siphonophore ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Scavengers!
Scrabble value of S1C3A1V4E1N1G2E1R1S1
The value of this 10-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Scavengers to see it in context!