On this page:
- Definition of the noun schweitzer
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Schweitzer
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Schweitzer
- Photos about Schweitzer
- Video about Schweitzer
- Quotes about Schweitzer
- Scrabble value of S1C3H4W4E1I1T1Z10E1R1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun schweitzer
What does schweitzer mean as a name of something?
- French philosopher and physician and organist who spent most of his life as a medical missionary in Gabon (1875-1965)
- examples: Schweitzer was a musician as well as a doctor. | Schweitzer is a man to imitate. | They had a high opinion of Dr. Schweitzer.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of Schweitzer: Albert Schweitzer
- instance of: doc / doctor / Dr. / MD / medico / physician = a licensed medical practitioner; missionary / missioner = someone sent on a mission--especially a religious or charitable mission to a foreign country; organist = a person who plays an organ; philosopher = a specialist in philosophy
"Schweitzer" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- lyrics by Michel Bühler
Schweitzer is a family name.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Schweitzer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Art of Advocacy (1997)
Demonstrative Evidence by Ashley S Lipson
Senior Staff Physician Henry Ford Hospital Department of Otolaryngology Detroit, Michigan 48202 Vanessa Schweitzer is a senior staff physician in the Department of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, ...
The Yoruba God of Drumming (2016)
Transatlantic Perspectives on the Wood That Talks by Amanda Villepastour
Kenneth Schweitzer is an ethnomusicologist and percussionist versed in jazz, new music, and Afro-Cuban folkloric styles.
Schweitzer is the author of The Artistry of Afro-Cuban Batá Drumming Aesthetics: Transmission, Bonding, and ...
Mask of the Sorcerer (2003)
by Darrell Schweitzer
" -- Gene Wolfe "Darrell Schweitzer is a fine writer . . .
Discovering H.P. Lovecraft (2012)
by Darrell Schweitzer
ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS Darrell Schweitzer is the author of three H.P. LOVECRAFT: A ...
by Philip A. Schweitzer, P.E.
Schweitzer is a consultant in corrosion prevention, materials of construction, and chemical engineering based in York, Pennsylvania. A former contract manager and material specialist for Chem-Pro Corporation, Fairfield, New Jersey, ...
Encyclopedia of Ethics: P-W (2001)
by Lawrence C. Becker, Charlotte B. Becker
Schweitzer carried reverence for life to the point ...
by George Thomas Kurian, Mark A. Lamport
Schweitzer wrote a number of books ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Schweitzer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Schweitzer
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Wystan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Schweitzer
Schweitzer Kids - The Meaning of Christmas
See also the pronunciation examples of Schweitzer!
Quotes about Schweitzer
Scrabble value of S1C3H4W4E1I1T1Z10E1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 27 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Schweitzer to see it in context!