On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sciuridae
What does sciuridae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a mammal family of true squirrels including: ground squirrels; marmots; chipmunks; flying squirrels; spermophiles
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Sciuridae: family Sciuridae
- more generic term: mammal family = a family of mammals
- member of: Sciuromorpha / suborder Sciuromorpha = large more or less primitive rodents: squirrels; marmots; gophers; beavers
- squirrel = a kind of arboreal rodent having a long bushy tail
- genus Sciurus / Sciurus = type genus of the Sciuridae
- genus Tamiasciurus / Tamiasciurus = American red squirrels
- genus Spermophilus / genus Citellus / Spermophilus / Citellus = typical ground squirrels
- genus Cynomys / Cynomys = prairie dogs
- genus Tamias / Tamias = chipmunks of eastern North America
- genus Eutamias / Eutamias = chipmunks of western America and Asia
- genus Glaucomys / Glaucomys = New World flying squirrels
- genus Marmota / Marmota = marmots
- subfamily Petauristidae / Petauristidae = Old World flying squirrels
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sciuridae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Janet Leonard, Alex Cordoba-Aguilar
REPRODUCTIVE CHARACTER MAPPING AT LOW LEVELS OF DIVERGENCE: THREE EXAMPLES The Sciuridae is a large and diverse family that includes prairie dogs (Cynomys), ground squirrels (Spermophilus and other genera), ...
Complete Tracker (2012)
Tracks, Signs, and Habits of North American Wildlife by Len McDougall
Sciuridae is the family of squirrels, and is RACCOOnS (PROCyOnIDAE) 213.
Squirrel Any of the arboreal, bushy-tailed rodents constituting the genus Sciurus and allied genera (Family Sciuridae) as the common Indian five-striped squirrel ( Funambulus palrnarum). The term is also applied to the various other members ...
6000 Scientific Terms Explored and Explained by Michael Allaby
edu/accounts/ Sceloporus_undulatus/ Sciuridae Description of the squirrels. http:// animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/accounts/ Sciuridae/ Sciurus carolinensis Description of the grey ...
The Encyclopedia of Animals (2004)
A Complete Visual Guide by Fred Cooke
squirrels (Sciuridae). pocket gophers (Geomyidae), pocket mice (Heteromyidae). scaly-tailed squirrels (Anomaluridae), and springhare (Pedetidae). Arboreal leaper .
by Darshan Singh Maini
Among Muridae, Sciuridae, and Pteropidae and Vesperttlionidae.. the larger species have a relatively enlarged isocortex; that is to say, particularly the five- and seven-layered, phylogenetically more progressive cortex is enlarged. On the ...
Selected Papers from the 12th International Symposium on Lexicography, Copenhagen, 2004 by Henrik Gottlieb, Jens Erik Mogensen
Sciuridae. [ L. mus muis + mons berg] (HAT) Nesting also leads to a change in the strict alphabetical ordering. With first level nesting the cluster- internal alphabetical order ...
Dictionary of Food (2009)
International Food and Cooking Terms from A to Z by Charles Sinclair
squille France Mantis shrimp squirrel Abushy tailed treeclimbing rodentof the family Sciuridae, eaten in many parts ofthe world.
by David Mcfarland
squirrels, see Sciuridae Belding's ground, see Citellus beldingi Californian ground, see Citellus beecheyi flying, see Glaucomys sp.
by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton
l MARMOTS CLASS Mammalia order Rodentia family Sciuridae geni.
by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton
Each burrow CHIPMUNK CHIPMUNKS class Mammalia order Rodentia family Sciuridae genus and. 448 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sciuridae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sciuridae
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Jim, the Photographer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of S1C3I1U1R1I1D2A1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SCIURIDAE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sciuridae!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Sciuridae to find many related words and phrases!