The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun seduction:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun seduction
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Seduction
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Seduction
- Photos about Seduction
- Video language resources about Seduction
- Quotes about Seduction
- Scrabble value of S1E1D2U1C3T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of SEDUCTION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun seduction
What does seduction mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: seductions
- enticing someone astray from right behavior
- an act of winning the love or sexual favor of someone
Alternative definition of the noun seduction
- The act of seducing.
- [dated] [legal] In English common law, a felonious crime committed when a male induced an unmarried female of previously chaste character to engage in an act of sexual intercourse on a promise of marriage.
- "Seduction" is a 2013 Filipino thriller drama film directed by Peque Gallaga, starring Richard Gutierrez, Solenn Heussaff, and Sarah Lahbati. The film was produced by Regal Films and to be released January 30, 2013.
- country: Philippines
- languages: Tagalog language, French, English Language
- executive producers: Lily Monteverde & Rose Monteverde-Teo
- production design by Ericson Navarro
- art direction by Erwin Sanchez
- written by Aloy Adlawan
- based on a story by Aloy Adlawan
- cinematography by Mark Gary
- edited by Paolo Lindaya
- music by Emerzon Texon
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released on
- "Seduction" a.k.a. "La seduzione" is a 1973 Italian erotic-drama film directed by Fernando Di Leo. The film is based on the novel Graziella by Ercole Patti. Originally the character of Graziella was planned to be played by Ornella Muti, but she was eventually dropped because considered too attractive for the role. At the time of its release, the newspapers widely reported the news of a man who died of a heart attack watching the movie.
- read more about La seduzione
- "Seduction" is a film, written and directed by Gustav Machatý, based on a story by Gustav Machatý.
- "Seduction" is a 1981 Spanish drama film directed by Arturo Ripstein. It was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival.
- country: Mexico
- language: Spanish Language
- cinematography by Alex Phillips Jr.
- genres: Romance Film, Thriller, War film, Drama
- released in (34 years ago)
- Ariel Award for Best Actress nomination for Katy Jurado
- Ariel Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Katy Jurado
- Ariel Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Alex Phillips Jr.
- Ariel Award for Best Original Score nomination for Leonardo Velázquez
- Ariel Award for Best Original Score, received by Leonardo Velázquez
- "Seduction" is an adult film that was released in 1990.
- starring: Stephanie Swift
- genre: Pornographic film
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Seduction" is a film, directed by Vlado Iresch.
- "Seduction" is a 2006 short film written and directed by Yuval Adler.
- "Seduction" is a 1996 short animation film written and directed by Isabelle Faivre.
- also known as Du zéro des arènes
- country: France
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Seduction" is a film, directed by Laurent Sky.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Seduction
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Paul Hegarty
However, seduction is a concept that troubles the centrality of sexuality as truth, in order to get at truth itself, and...
Seduction is the act of a man in enticing a woman to have unlawful intercourse with him by means of persuasion, solicitation, promises, bribes, or other means without the employment of force.1 It may be either a civil injury, giving rise to an ...
Four Steps to Sustainable Success by Catherine Robinson-Walker
Seduction is a provocative word that is not usually used in a professional context. Yet it is a fitting description for a potent enticement. A Leadership Seduction is a powerful “hook,” usually an unconscious temptation, habit, or operating strategy ...
Critical Social Theory (2004)
Culture, Society and Critique by Tim Dant
In modern culture the play of signs of sexuality for Baudrillard is never determined by the body but seduction is a dynamic that...
Freud, Lacan and Derrida by John Forrester
Seduction is a mastery of signs, in contrast with power, which is mastery of the real. In gender terms, the masculine is certain of itself, sovereign and phallic, sure in its sexual identity, whereas the feminine dissembles and undercuts the direct ...
by Eden Fairbanks
For sexy, self-confident Ava Miklos, seduction is a game.
by Sir Alexander Wood Renton
Seduction. This is an action which may be brought ...
by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle
Encyclopedia of Rape (2004)
by Merril D. Smith
SEDUCTION mised and invaded. Getting evidence in a rape case results in a secondary rape for many individuals because it contains many of the elements of the primary rape. After law enforcement and medical personnel question and ...
Encyclopedia of Iowa Law (1914)
Being a Plain Statement of the Law of Iowa So Far as it Affects the People in Their Business, Domestic and Social Relations ... by Ezra Christian Ebersole
SEDUCTION. SENILITY trlct court, and In the meantime to keep the peace toward the people of the state, and especially toward the person against whom or whose property there is reason to fear the offense may be committed. (Code, 88 5105 ...
by Bret Carroll
Seduction tales not only expressed social and political anxieties but also offered strategies to resolve them. A handful of tales that drew on eighteenth-century Enlightenment theories, such as the moral-sense philosophies of David Hume and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Seduction
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Seduction
Click on an item to view that photo:
See where the photo was taken at maps.yuan.cc/.
Photo credit: extranoise
Photo credit: Zepfanman.com
Photo credit: Klondike Kate Photography
Photo credit: Clownhouse III
He looks reluctant.
Photo credit: Jen SFO-BCN
Photo credit: Smirnoff-Sweetie
Photo credit: byTHEgraham
Photo credit: Paul van de Loo
Photo credit: Pixel Addict
Woman seduction. A sin.
Photo credit: Scobee Photography
Canon 5D Mark II + 70-200 F4
200mm - 1/125s - F4 - 3200 ISO
Photo credit: bibendum84
A secustive look for you :-)
Photo credit: Paula Satijn
It's an art.
Photo credit: ianmunroe
- :::OhLaLa::: & ..::P&W::.. - Seduction
See the post ticklemetummy.com/ohlala-pw/
Photo credit: Tigist Sapphire
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Seduction
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about The Seduction.
See also the pronunciation examples of Seduction!
Quotes about Seduction
Scrabble value of S1E1D2U1C3T1I1O1N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SEDUCTION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Seduction!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Seduction to see it in context!