On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun shadowboxing
What does shadowboxing mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: shadowboxings
- sparring with an imaginary opponent (for exercise or training)
Alternative definition of the noun shadowboxing
- A form of solo exercise, involving throwing punches at the air, and not at an opponent.
- "Shadowboxing" is a 2005 Russian 4-episode Sports drama movie.
- also known as Boy s tenyu, Fight with shadow, Shadow boxing
- country: Russia
- languages: Russian Language, English Language
- director: Aleksei Sidorov
- producer: Ruben Dishdishyan
- written by Aleksei Sidorov
- Andrei Panin as Valiyev
- Denis Nikiforov as Artyom Kolchin
- Yelena Viktorovna Panova as Vika
- Ivan Makarevich as Kostya
- Sergey Bezrukov as Sasha Bely
- John Amos as Hill
- Alexander Kuznetsov as Zmey
- Pavel Derevyanko as Timokha
- Maksim Litovchenko as Shlykov
- Aleksandr Karamnov as Ragoza
- Mikhail Khomyakov as Artem's coach
- Boris Plotnikov as Dr. Ivan Ivanovich
- Sergey Bekhterev as Richard III
- Dmitriy Kaledinkin as Valiyev's guy 2
- Vladimir Dyagel as Valeyiv's guy 1
- Dmitri Shevchenko as Nechaev
- casting by Larisa Isaeva & Natalia Troitskaya
- cinematography by Yury Raysky
- edited by Dmitri Slobtsov
- music by Aleksey Shelygin
- genres: Action Film, Crime Fiction, Drama
- tagline: And fight begins. For love. For the friends. For own life.
- rating: 16+ (RU)
- released on (10 years ago)
- official website: www.shadowboxing.ru
- "Shadowboxing" is a 2010 American drama film starring Gerald Bunsen, Kelly Briscoe, Kenny Simmons, Glenn Kalison, and David Zayas. It was written, produced, and directed by Vincent Zambrano and Jose L. Patino.
- "Shadowboxing" is a 2013 short drama film directed and written by Dinos Gregoriou.
- country: Cyprus
- language: Greek Language
- producers: Marios Petrondas & Dinos Gregoriou
- production design by Liza Tsouloupa
- written by Dinos Gregoriou
- cinematography by Vladimir Subotic
- edited by Dinos Gregoriou
- music by Christina Georgiou
- genre: Drama
- released on
- "Shadowboxing" is a musical EP of Martinez.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Shadowboxing" is a musical album of Zion I.
- released in
Shadowboxing is an exercise used in the training for combat sports, especially, as its name implies, in boxing. It is used mainly to prepare the muscles before the person training engages in stronger physical activity. In shadowboxing, only one person is required to participate; the participant throws punches at no one in particular. Muhammad Ali once performed a now famous shadowboxing routine next to Howard Cosell for ABC's Wide World of Sports television cameras.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shadowboxing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Heavy Bag Workout (2015)
A Hard-Core Guide to Heavy Bag Workout Routines by Sammy Franco
Shadowboxing Integration Shadowboxing is the creative deployment of offensive and defensive techniques and maneuvers against an imaginary opponent. It requires intense mental concentration, honest selfanalysis, and a deep commitment ...
A Reference Guide for Attorneys, Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Law Students by Mary Miles Prince
Brannon, Successful Shadowboxing: The Art of Impeaching Hearsay Declarants, 13 Campbell L. Rev. 157 (1991). – Article Citation. Anthony M.Brannon, Successful Shadowboxing: The Art of Impeaching Hearsay Declarants, ...
by Kathleen Fearn-Banks
SHADOWBOXING: THE JOURNEY OF THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN FIGHTER ° 39I cast members who played characters who lived on magical Sesame Street included Matt Robinson and Roscoe Orman (both played Gordon), Alaina Reed as ...
by Sorrel Kerbel
Armstrong, Raymond, Kafka and Pinter: ShadowBoxing: The Struggle between Father and Son, London: Macmillan, and New York: StMartin's Press, 1999 Billington, Michael, The Life and Work of Harold Pinter, London:...
by Wayne R. Dynes
Often the debate on this issue has therefore been a kind of intellectual shadowboxing between the opponents of an ascetic morality and its defenders, who ignoring the history of its origins pretend that it is virtually coterminous with the ...
by Paul Zollo
sepulchring sequencing sequestering serenading serializing sermonizing servicing serving setting settling severing sewing sexualizing shacking shackling shading shadowboxing shadowing shafting shaking shambling shaming shamming ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
without an opponent—shadowbox Fighter—warrior Fighter at Jericho—Joshua Fighting force—army Fighting imaginary enemies—sciamachy, shadowboxing Fighting men—warriors Fighting ship—corvette, manofwar Fighting vehicle—tank ...
by Eugene Benson, L.W. Conolly
Shadowboxing (1979) and Examination Centre (1992).
An Encyclopedia of History and Innovation by Thomas A. Green, Joseph R. Svinth
Workouts are held twice a day, morning and afternoon, with emphases on conditioning, shadowboxing, bag work, and one-on-one sparring with a trainer using Thai pads. School-aged boys attend school between workouts; older boys stay at ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shadowboxing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Shadowboxing
Click on an item to view that photo:
Shadowboxing at The Happy Boulders
Photo credit: MarkDoliner
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Shadowboxing
Video shows what shadowboxing means. A form of solo exercise, involving throwing punches at the air, and not at an opponent.. Shadowboxing Meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Shadowboxing!
Scrabble value of S1H4A1D2O1W4B3O1X8I1N1G2
The value of this 12-letter word is 29 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Shadowboxing to see it in context!