- Shararat – thoda jaadu, thodi nazaakat was an Indian fantasy-sitcom, originally broadcast on Star Plus channel. Over the years, it has reaired on many channels, namely STAR Utsav, TV Asia, and Disney Channel India. Shararat is loosely similar to the American show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. The show became very popular and by the second season premiere the show got trp of 6.3. The show ended on April 30, 2009 with 5 seasons. On September 2, 2010, Disney Channel India bought the rights to the show. In July 2011, following the success of its remade series, Best of luck, Nikki, Disney stated that it intended to reboot the show and premiere it in January 2012. It also stated that for the reboot, it would stop the re-runs. The re-run ended in December 2011. However, in February 2012, the network stated that the network would instead show, The Suite Life of Karan and Kabir, not the re-boot.
- begun on and completed on (5 years ago)
- 192 episodes
- country: India
- created by UTV Software Communications
- regular cast:
- genre: Sitcom
- some of the awards:
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Comic Role (As Sushma "Nani" Malhotra) nomination for Farida Jalal
- Indian Telly Award for Best Director (sitcom) (UTV) nomination for Rajiv Mehra & Anil Luthra
- Star Guild Award for Best Comedy Series nomination for UTV Software Communications
- Indian Telly Award for Best Kids Programme nomination for UTV Software Communications
- Indian Telly Award for Best Kids Programme (Star Plus), received by UTV Software Communications
- Star Guild Award for Best Children's Programme (Star Plus) nomination for UTV Software Communications
- official website: www.tvasiausa.com/synopsis.php?program_id=341
- "Shararat" is a 2002 romantic comedy film directed by Gurudev Bhalla.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- directors: Gurudev Bhalla & Imtiaz Ali
- producers: Dhilin Mehta & Gurudev Bhalla
- executive producer: Suraj Bhalla
- production design by Samir Chanda
- art direction by Samir Chanda
- written by Urmi Juvekar & Tanveer Khan
- based on a story by Tanveer Khan
- Abhishek Bachchan as Rahul Khanna
- Om Puri as DCP Bhosle
- Hrishitaa Bhatt as Neha Sengupta
- A.K. Hangal as Gajanan Desai
- Dara Singh as Mr. Gujral
- Daisy Irani as Mrs.Chitra Gujral
- Iravati Harshe as Gajanan's daughter-in-law
- Amrish Puri as Prajapati
- Mohnish Bahl as Vikram Saxena
- Helen as Anuradha Mathur
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Arora
- Tinnu Anand as Saifuddin
- Shubha Khote as Shanta Deshpande
- Viju Khote as Keshav Deshpande
- Navni Parihar as Nandini Khanna
- Romesh Sharma as Niranjan Khanna
- cinematography by Apurba Kishore Bir
- edited by Aarti Bajaj & Sanjay Sankla
- music by Sajid-Wajid, Babloo Chakravorty
- costume design by Anna Singh & Falguni Thakore
- genres: Romance Film, Family, Comedy, Drama, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Shararat" is a Pakistani Urdu film which was released in early 2003 across theaters in Pakistan. The movie was Samina Peerzada's sophomore directorial venture, but unlike her hit debut Inteha it was met with a rather mixed reaction at the theaters. The film is a romantic comedy which deals with the story of a Pakistani-American who returns to her native village in Punjab in Pakistan and the subsequent twist and turns in her love life. Moammar Rana starred opposite Mehr Hassan, who made her Lollywood debut with Shararat. Wajahat Attrey composed some tuneful songs which included Raat Ja Rahee Hai and Jugnu'on Sey bhar ley Aanchal, the latter having been sung by the teen sensation Ali Zafar.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shararat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
With Illustrations from English Literature and Colloquial English, Tr. Into Hindustani by S. W. Fallon, John Drew Bate
fitna; shararat; khutai; zarar; kharabi ; badi ; burai ; aseb ; aziyat ; nuqsS.ii ; mazarrat ; fasad; bad-zati; bigar; kam-bakhti. It is sport to a fool to do mischief. Ahmaq ko fasad karna khel hai.
To which is Added a Reversed Part, English and Hindustani by Duncan Forbes
Wickedly, shararat- &c. se, ma'yubi-se. Wickedness, bad!, zabuni, ma'yiibi, kabihat, shararat, atpatangi, almat, akarm, utpat, khabisat, sarhang!. Wicker, ja' fari ; (basket) tokri. Wicket, khirki, daricha, jangla-kewir. Wide, chaura, chakla, pahni, ...
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen, Professor of Critical Studies Paul Willemen
Made comedies (best known is Kishore Kumar's slapstick Shararat) and love stories. Sangharsh was based on major Bengali novelist Mahashweta Devi's Laila Aasmaner Aaina. After Mere Mehboob, made period romances and love legends.
The Royal Dictionary (1893)
In Two Parts, English and Hindustani, and Hindustani and English
shararat semitáná: (squan Wm WEIGH the brushes.” Basu. and EL.; -snd teer, ( loss.
by Nathaniel Brice
by Renu Saran
,Shararat (1959),and Kohinoor (1960).
by Renu Saran
Raja, Shararat ...
English and Hindustani, and Hindustani and English by Thomas Craven
shararat. Unripe, a. kachcha. Unrivalled, a. la-sdn! ; an op. Unroll, n. t. kholna, udherna. Unroot, v. t. jar se ukharna, bekh kani h Unruffled, a. be-mauj.; sakin. Unruly, a. be-zabt ; sarkash. Unsafe, a. khatarn.ik, khauf ka.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shararat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of S1H4A1R1A1R1A1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Shararat for some fun with words!