Sheared appears in the following tongue twister:
- Seven sleazy shysters in sharkskin suits sold sheared sealskins to seasick sailors.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective sheared
- Definition of the verb sheared
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sheared
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sheared
- Photos about Sheared
- Quotes about Sheared
- Scrabble value of S1H4E1A1R1E1D2
- Anagrams of SHEARED
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective sheared
What does sheared mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers
- (used especially of fur or wool) shaped or finished by cutting or trimming to a uniform length
- example: a coat of sheared lamb
- similar: cut
Definition of the verb sheared
What does sheared mean as a doing word?
- past of shear
"Sheared" is a 2011 short animated film directed by Nikolas Ilic.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sheared
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
sheared, (obs.) shore; pa.p. sheared or shorn. —n. a shearing or clipping: a strain where compression is answered by elongation at right angles: curve, deviation. —ns.Shear′bill,the scissorbill, cutwater, or black skimmer; ...
by Mary Brooks Picken
Fur of large French or Belgian cony, or rabbit, sheared to remove stiff hairs, dyed seal color. sealskin. Fur of fur seals, ...
by Cambridge University Press
see saw seen seek sought sold sought sold sell send sent sent set set set sew sewed sewn, sewed shake shook shaken shear sheared sheared, shorn shed shed shed Irregular Verbs 1124 Infinitive Past Simple Past Participle shine shone .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sheared
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sheared
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Sheared
Great cry and little wool, as the fellow said when he sheared his hogs.
more quotes about sheared...
Scrabble value of S1H4E1A1R1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SHEARED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Sheared!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sheared to see it in context!