The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun shoplifter:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun shoplifter
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shoplifter
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shoplifter
- Photos about Shoplifter
- Video about Shoplifter
- Scrabble value of S1H4O1P3L1I1F4T1E1R1
- Anagrams of SHOPLIFTER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun shoplifter
What does shoplifter mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: shoplifters
- a thief who steals goods that are in a store
Alternative definition of the noun shoplifter
- [pejorative] A person who shoplifts, one who steals from shops.
- synonym: shop stealer [Australia]
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from Pure Shit.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 1932 film The Beast of the City.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 2003 film Bad Santa.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 2013 film Fort Greene.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 1991 film Slacker.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 2000 drama mystery thriller film Unbreakable.
- Shoplifter is a fictional character from the 2003 film Klepto.
- Shoplifter is a fictional film character.
- "Shoplifter" is a song by the American punk rock band Green Day. It originally appeared as a B-side to the "American Idiot" single in Australia. The track was recorded in 2003 at Studio 880 in Oakland, California shortly before the American Idiot recording sessions, it is rumored that the song was meant to be released on the cancelled studio album, Cigarettes and Valentines.
- "Shoplifter" is a 2004 single album by Green Day.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Shoplifter" is a musical single of Eprom.
- released on (5 years ago)
"Shoplifter" is a 2014 book by Michael Cho.
- released on
- official website: knopfdoubleday.com/book/237054/shoplifter
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Shoplifter
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by R. Hayes
Retail is a very demanding occupation and any task such as surveilling a possible shoplifter means something else is left undone. Also, there may be more than one suspected individual. The manager or specialist must quickly evaluate the ...
by Liz Sonneborn
Prosecuting a shoplifter also means that the police will hold the stolen merchandise as evidence while the case makes its way through the legal system. If the merchandise is expensive, a store might decide it's more important to get the stolen ...
A Sociology of Crime (2013)
by Peter Eglin, Stephen Hester
For example, the typical shoplifter is a mild type, not a serious delinquent, with no previous record, from a well-to-do family, who takes goods for kicks, is seldom in trouble, not a thief at heart, succumbing to the temptation of the moment. On the ...
by Martin H Manser
shoplifter someone who steals goods ...
The Union Dictionary, containing all that is truly useful in the dictionaries of Johnson, Sheridan, and Walker, etc (1822)
by Thomas BROWNE (LL.D.)
Shoplifter, shôp'lif-tůr. s. one who steals goods out of a Shop. Swi t. shoplifting, shôp'll t-ing. s. the crime 0 а shoplifter. Sho man, shôp'mân. s. a petty trader, one w o serves in a shop. Dryd. Shore, shòre. the preter. of shear. Shore, shòre.
by Robert W. Kolb
If they restrain a purported shoplifter for too long a period prior to contacting the police or if they restrain him ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shoplifter
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Shoplifter
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Bother Mike of the North
- Sydney Fish Market Shoplifter
Samsung digital camera
Photo credit: dvdsmith
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Shoplifter
Video shows what shoplifter means. A person who shoplifts, one who steals from shops.. Shoplifter Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Shoplifter!
Scrabble value of S1H4O1P3L1I1F4T1E1R1
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SHOPLIFTER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Shoplifter!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Shoplifter to see it in context!