Shug Fisher (actor)
Who is Shug Fisher?
Shug Fisher, born George Clinton Fisher, Jr., was an American character actor, singer, songwriter, musician and comedian. During a 50-year career, he appeared in many Western films, often as a member of the Sons of the Pioneers in Roy Rogers serials. Fisher also had supporting roles on many TV shows, most frequently on Gunsmoke and The Beverly Hillbillies. His comic trademarks included his ability to stutter at will and his bemused facial expressions.
- also known as George Clinton Fisher; George Clinton Fisher, Jr.; Leroy Fisher; George 'Shug' Fisher; George Shug Fisher; George C. Fisher; George C. 'Shug' Fisher; Shug; Sons of the Pioneers
- born on (107 years ago) in Tabler
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Songwriter, singer, comedian, musician, actor
- member of musical groups:
- Marriage with Peggy Summers since
- died on (31 years ago) in Woodland Hills
- buried in Forest Lawn Memorial Park
- played Bass player in "Rainbow Over Texas"
- "Giant Gila Monster"
- "Pecos Pest"
- played Short Cowboy (Uncredited) in "The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin"
- played Regimental Singer #4 (Uncredited) in "Rio Grande"
- played Bugler (Uncredited) in "Rio Grande"
- played Kaintuck (Uncredited) in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
- played Bartender in "The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again"
- "You've Got to Be Smart"
- TV series: "Ripcord"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Shug Fisher (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Shug Fisher for some fun with words!