For all your dictionary needs!
Tip. You can look up words, expressions, names, titles...
Header of Siluriformes


Video footage: Juvenile Catfish, siluriformes
Play/pauseBuy footageFind more

Definition of the noun siluriformes

What does siluriformes mean as a name of something?

noun - plural: -

  1. an order of fish belonging to the superorder Malacopterygii including catfishes

Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Siluriformes

Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):

Google previewGenetic Resources of Neotropical Fishes (2017)

by Alexandre W. S. Hilsdorf, Eric M. Hallerman

Order Siluriformes Order Siluriformes is a diverse group of ray-finned catfishes named for the prominent barbels displayed by most members. Members of Order Siluriformes are defined by features of the skull and swimbladder, including the ...

Google previewLarvae of Temperate Australian Fishes (1998)

Laboratory Guide for Larval Fish Identification by Francisco J. Neira, Anthony G. Miskiewicz, Tom Trnski

The Siluriformes is a large order of predominantly freshwater fishes found in all continents except the polar regions. Almost 95% of the species are confined to fresh water while the remaining 5% occur in estuarine and coastal marine waters.

Google previewCRC World Dictionary of Palms (2017)

Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (2 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi

(Siluriformes, Doradidae) ( bacĂș-pedra, catfish, doradid catfish, rock-bacu, rock bacĂș), Megalodoras uranoscopus ...

Google previewA Dictionary of Genetics (2006)

by Robert C. King, William D. Stansfield, Pamela K. Mulligan

order Siluriformes (catfishes) order Elopiformes (tarpons) order Antheriniformes (Xiphophorus) order Clupeiformes ...

Google previewEncyclopedia of Prehistory (2012)

Volume 1: Africa by Peter N. Peregrine, Melvin Ember

warthog, Speke's gazelles, fishes (siluriformes, perciformes), crocodiles,and aprobably domesticatedBos wereidentified (Raimbaultet al.1987). Kobadi thus turns out ...

Google previewEncyclopedia of Neuroscience (2009)

Volume One by Larry R. Squire

Archolaemus, Distocyclus, Eigenmannia, Rhabdolichops, Sternopygus Siluriformes (catfishes): Africa Malapteruridae (strong, pulse discharges, ampullary ...

Google previewEncyclopedia of Inland Waters (2009)

several familiesof catfishes (Order Siluriformes) , cichlids (Family Cichlidae), perchesand darters (Family Percidae), trouts (Family ...

Google previewSimon & Schuster Super Crossword Puzzle Dictionary And Reference Book (1999)

by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions

simple, stupid, unwise; 7 asinine, blatant, fatuous, foolish, idiotic; 8 babbling, childish, imbecile; 10 cockamamie, irrational, ridiculous silt: 3 mud; 4 mire, muck; S slosh, slush; 6 silt up, sludge Silurian period: 8 Silurian Siluriformes: 7 catfish; ...

Google previewThe Encyclopedia of Farm Animal Nutrition (2004)

by M. F. Fuller

Siluriformes ...

Google previewConcise Oxford English Dictionary (2011)

Book & CD-ROM Set by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite

[Order Siluriformes: many species] cat flap P n. a small hinged flap through which ...

Google previewMicrosoft Encarta College Dictionary (2001)

The First Dictionary For The Internet Age by Anne H. Soukhanov

Order: Siluriformes. [< its barbels, likened to a cat's whiskers! Cat'gUt /kat gut/ n a tough thin cord made from the dried intestines of animals. Use: stringing musical instruments, surgical thread. [Late 16C. Probably < cat (for unknown reasons).] ...

Google previewInternational Wildlife Encyclopedia: Brown bear - cheetah (2002)

by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton

CLASS Mammalia ORDER Carnivora FAMILY Felidae genus and species Felis caracal EUROPEAN CATFISH CLASS Osteichthyes ORDER Siluriformes FAMILY Siluridae genus and.

Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Siluriformes

Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:

Photos about Siluriformes

If you need images about Siluriformes for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Small photo of Sheatfish sale at local market,Thailand ( Siluridae, Siluriformes )Small photo of Sheatfish sale at local market,Thailand ( Siluridae, Siluriformes ) More...

Scrabble value of S1I1L1U1R1I1F4O1R1M3E1S1

The value of this 12-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.

Share this page


Go to the thesaurus of Siluriformes to find many related words and phrases!

Privacy Policy | Cookies Policy
Keyword Tool | Romanian-English Dictionary