On this page:
Silverchair were an Australian rock band, which formed in 1992 as Innocent Criminals in Merewether, Newcastle with the line-up of Ben Gillies on drums, Chris Joannou on bass guitar and Daniel Johns on vocals and guitars. The group got their big break in mid-1994 when they won a national demo competition conducted by SBS TV show Nomad and ABC radio station, Triple J. The band were signed by Murmur, and were successful on the Australian and international rock stages.
- also known as Silver Chair
- genres: Hard rock, Post-grunge, Alternative rock, Progressive rock, Baroque pop, Symphonic rock, Grunge, Synthpop, Art rock, Pop rock, Alternative metal
- albums: "Diorama", "Neon Ballroom", "Freak Show", "Frogstomp", "Young Modern", "Live From Faraway Stables", "Israel's Son", "Tomorrow", "Pure Massacre", "Shade", "Freak", "Abuse Me", "The Door", "Cemetery", "Anthem for the Year 2000", "Ana's Song (Open Fire)", "Miss You Love", "The Greatest View", "Without You", "Luv Your Life", "After All These Years", "Across the Night", "Straight Lines", "If You Keep Losing Sleep", "Mind Reader", "The Best Of: Volume 1", "Rarities 1994–1999", "The Diorama Box", "The Freak Box", "Across the Great Divide Tour", "Reflections of a Sound"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "Freak"
- International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "Freak"
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "Cemetery"
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "Anthem for the Year 2000"
- International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "Anthem for the Year 2000"
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Australia - "The Greatest View"
- nominated to World Music Award for World's Best Selling Australian Artist
- World Music Award for World's Best Selling Australian Artist
- official website: www.chairpage.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Silverchair
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Classic Rock (2017)
by David Luhrssen, Michael Larson
Recent decades found him exploring calypso music, accepting occasional acting jobs, writing scores for film and television, composing arrangements for the Australian alternative rock band Silverchair, and working on and off with Wilson.
The Lupus Encyclopedia (2014)
A Comprehensive Guide for Patients and Families by Donald E. Thomas, Jr.
articleID=1570096&utm_source=Silverchair+Information + Systems&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ArchivesofInternalMedicine% 3AOnline ...
by Norman Abjorensen
From provincial Newcastle, Silverchair, formed in 1992, gained international success. Hip-hop developed in Sydney in the early 1980s, its popularity high among the first generation of European migrant youth, chiefly from Italy and Greece.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Silverchair
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Silverchair
Photo credit: Jökull Sólberg Auðunsson
Scrabble value of S1I1L1V4E1R1C3H4A1I1R1
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SILVERCHAIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Silverchair!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Silverchair to see it in context!