On this page:
- Definition of the noun Sira
- Phrases with Sira
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sira
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sira
- Photos about Sira
- Videos about Sira
- Scrabble value of S1I1R1A1
- Anagrams of SIRA
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Sira
What does Sira mean as a name of something?
Sira is a genus of Leiothrichidae, described by Bonaparte in 1850.
- synonym: genus Sira
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Passeriformes
- family: Leiothrichidae
- genus: Minla
Sira is a genus of Mollusca, described by Schmidt in 1855.
Sira is a genus of Entomobryidae, described by Tullberg in 1872.
- synonym: genus Sira
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Entognatha
- order: Collembola
- family: Entomobryidae
- genus: Seira
Sira is a genus of Diptera, described by Enderlein in 1936.
Sira is a genus.
Alternative definition of the noun Sira
- [Islam] A traditional Muslim biography of Muhammad.
- Sira is a town and taluk headquarters of Sira Taluk of Tumkur district in the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the National Highway NH-4 and NH-234.
- Sira a.k.a. Sirá is a village and municipality in Rokycany District in the Plzeň Region of the Czech Republic.
- part of Czech Republic
- Sira is a village located within the municipality of Flekkefjord, in the Vest-Agder county in south-western Norway. The village is located at the border of the Vest-Agder and Rogaland counties, along European route E39 and the railway Sørlandsbanen. The village is served by the Sira Station.
- also known as Sira, Norway
- part of Norway
- The Sira is a river in Norway. It flows through the village of Sira in Vest-Agder.
Who is Sira?
Sira a.k.a. Siraba Dembélé is a French handball player. She plays for the club ŽRK Vardar and for the French national team.
- read more about Siraba Dembélé
Sira is a UK-based Notified Body, specialising in ATEX, IECEX and North American product approvals.
- Sira is a fictional character from the 1949 film Fabiola.
- Sira is a fictional character from the 2012 documentary film Los mundos sutiles.
- Sira is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Invincible Gladiator.
- Sira is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Vengeance of Ursus.
- Sira is a fictional character from the 1993 film The City.
- released on (7 years ago)
- Sira a.k.a. Şıra or sira is a Turkish non-alcoholic drink made from slightly fermented grape juice. It tastes sweet due to the high fructose it contains. Its colour is terracotta. It's mostly served with İskender kebap. A flavored version of şıra is served in the Marmara Region with the name of hardaliye. Hardaliye is basically a şıra but it's aromatized in mustard seeds and cherry leaves for 15 days. Hardaliye is usually served in special occasions as an appetizer.
- sirA is a gene.
- Sira a.k.a. uvrY is a gene.
- Sira a.k.a. Pawaia Language: Pawaia, also known as Sira, Tudahwe, Yasa, is a Trans–New Guinea language that forms a tentative independent branch of that family in the classification of Malcolm Ross. Although Pawaia has proto-Trans–New Guinea vocabulary, Ross considers its inclusion questionable on available evidence.
- read more about Pawaia Language
- Sira a.k.a. tusA is a gene.
- Sira a.k.a. ECs2652 is a gene.
Phrases with Sira
Phrases starting with the word Sira:
Phrases ending with the word Sira:
Other phrases containing the word Sira:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sira
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Wisdom Literature (2007)
A Theological History by Leo G. Perdue
Ben Sira is a cosmopolitan man of the world who is receptive to non-Jews, except for two texts the authorship of which is...
Thus Ben Sira is an elitist whose wealth, education, literary prowess, and profession of teaching provide him ...
The Home of the Eddas (1879)
by Charles George Warnford Lock, Sir Clement Le Neve Foster
Sira is a Romance word, borrowed from the French in the 1 3th century, ...
Shahrazad Tells Her Story by Nawar Al-Hassan Golley
the sira is the third source of Islamic law and conduct. But it is also read as the history of the success of Islam; for in it, biographers wrote about all the battles the Prophet fought and ...
From Sirach to 2 Baruch by John R. Levison
Because Ben Sira is a scribe, steeped in the biblical tradition, these sayings are frequently composed of biblical allusions and citations. Yet these allusions take on gnomic form as depictions of everyday life and exhortations with often little ...
by Ibolya Balla
The situation that seems to emerge from numerous comments in the book of Ben Sira is the sage instructing young men of relative wealth and good social standing about everyday life issues, on how to prepare for the opportunities and ...
Salmonella Infections (2006)
Clinical, Immunological and Molecular Aspects by Pietro Mastroeni, Duncan Maskell
Salmonella SirA is a global regulator of genes mediating enteropathogenesis. Mol Microbiol, 31, 971–82. Amavisit, P., Lightfoot, D., Browning, ...
Texts and Documents on Faith and Piety by George W. E. Nickelsburg, Michael E. Stone
later ben Sira refers to himself as a scribe (Sir 38:24); Enoch is the prototypical scribe of heavenly wisdom (Jub 4:17– 20); the ...
Recourse to History in Second Century B.C. Claims to the Holy Land by Doron Mendels
Ben Sira is a typical product of the spiritual and ...
by Joseph John Freeman, David Johns
misy sira. Saliva, *. ivy. £rakivr. Salival, Salivary, a. misy ivy, ...
The Jewish Encyclopedia (1907)
A Descriptive Record of the History, Religion, Literature, and Customs of the Jewish People from the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Isidore Singer, Cyrus Adler
SIRACH, THE WISDOM OF JESUS THE SON OF (Hebrew, Hokmat ben Sira; Latin, Ecclesiasticus): Among the books of the Greek Bible is one entitled Xopia 'Ingoi, Yioi, Xupax (Codices Sinaiticus and Alexandrinus) or simply Xopia ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sira
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sira
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Sira
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sabat soorat dastar sira meaning,by Nihang Dharam Singh Ji
Sabat soorat dastar sira meaning,by Nihang Dharam Singh Ji Wearing Dumaala,turban and hairs is not Sabat soorat, For more gurbani vyakhya pl check out ...
- Sira Meaning
Video shows what sira means. A traditional Muslim biography of Muhammad.. Sira Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say sira.
- SIRA Championships, Saturday
Southern Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships.
- ZBOG SIRA #6
- BriganTony - A prima sira
Brigantony A prima sira.
View more videos about Ben Sira.
See also the pronunciation examples of Sira!
Scrabble value of S1I1R1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine