On this page:
Skat is sometimes a misspelling of skate.
Skat is a 3-player trick-taking card game devised in early 19th-century Germany. Along with Doppelkopf it is the most popular card game in Germany and Silesia.
- genre: Trick-taking game
Skat a.k.a. Ska'T is a musical group.
- read more about Ska'T
The Skat is a river in the western Danubian Plain of northern Bulgaria and a right tributary of the Ogosta.
- part of Bulgaria
- SKAT is the name of the Danish tax authority. It is the state authority under which the Danish Treasury calculates and collects taxes and levies charges. The authority also undertakes property valuation and settlement of debts.
- official website: www.skat.dk
- SKAT Television is a Bulgarian national cable television company. The company was founded in 1992 in Burgas and is headquartered there. Skat is also the name for one of the channels which Skat television operates from the Bulgarian capital city Sofia.
- official website: www.skat.bg
- Skat is a luxury yacht built by Lürssen of Bremen, Germany as project 9906, a number prominently displayed on the hull in a typeface matching that of military vessels. The project started in November 1999 and the yacht launched in 2001. The owner is Charles Simonyi, a former Software Engineer from Microsoft and the fifth space tourist. The yacht is 71 metres long.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Skat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kian J. Fraser
Skat is a 3-player trick-taking card game devised in early 19th-century Germany. Along with Doppelkopf it is the most popular ...
Skat is a German game;
QR, S Versability (2015)
by Roger J. Maderia
Skat is a card game for three players. Stunts are some very dangerous feats. Scrum is a play ...
Relational Mathematics (2011)
by Gunther Schmidt
Skat is a popular card game in ...
by Barrett Hazeltine, Christopher Bull
FURTHER ADVICE SKAT in Switzerland can offer further advice on MCR production and MCR technology. SKAT is a member of the Building Advisory Service and Information Network ...
The Oxford Magazine (1890)
Skat is a game which is becoming so deservedly popular, that any fresh handbook on the subject is welcome. The second part of Mr. Diehl's book, the “ hints and suggestions,” though necessarily not infallible, is excellent so far as it goes, and ...
Dictionary of aviation (1911)
by R.M. Pierce
sky-gazing 'skat,gee-zrr_i n. given to ga'zrrlg or lookrng expectantly rnto the sky; prone to look skyward for airshrps. compare airshipsgaser. sky-glow 'skar,gloo n. a peculiar glow recently observd In the sky at Copenhagen and other places.
Scat, Scatt, skat, n. a tax in the Shetland Islands.—ns.Scat ′hold, open groundfor pasture; Scat′land, land which paidduty for rightsof pasture and peat. [A.S. sceat, a coin; Dut. schat, Ger. schatz.] Scat, skat, interj. be off!—v.t.to scare away.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Skat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Skat
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Skat
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'skat"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of S1K5A1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SKAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Skat!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Skat to learn how to say it correctly!