On this page:
- Phrases with Slovakia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Slovakia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Slovakia
- Photos about Slovakia
- Videos about Slovakia
- Sign language
- Quotes about Slovakia
- Scrabble value of S1L1O1V4A1K5I1A1
- Anagrams of SLOVAKIA
- Share this page
Slovakia or is a sovereign state in Central Europe. It has a population of over five million and an area of about 49,000 square kilometres. Slovakia is bordered by the Czech Republic and Austria to the west, Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east and Hungary to the south. The largest city is the capital, Bratislava, and the second largest is Košice. Slovakia is a member state of the European Union, Eurozone, Schengen Area, NATO, the United Nations, the OECD and the WTO, among others. The official language is Slovak, a member of the Slavic language family.
- also known as Slovensko, The Slovak Republic, Slovak Republic
- founded on (97 years ago)
- part of Europe, Eurasia, Kingdom of Hungary
- instance of: European country / European nation = any one of the countries occupying the European continent
- member: Slovak = a native or inhabitant of Slovakia
- read more about Slovakia (country)
- "Slovakia" is a book by Peter A Toma.
- also known as "Slovakia: from Samo to Dzurinda"
- subject: Slovakia
- "Slovakia" is a book by Joseph A. Mikuš.
- also known as "Slovakia: a political and constitutional history: with documents"; "Slovakia, a political history: 1918-1950"
- "Slovakia" is a book by Vladimír Tkáč.
- also known as "Slovakia: country of cultural treasures: a guide to museums, castles, chateaux, memorials, galleries, open air museums, national cultural memorials, protected landscape regions, and national parks"
- "Slovakia" is a book by Irena Lettrich.
- also known as "Slovakia; a selected list of references with a brief historical survey"
- "Slovakia" is a book by Zoltán Schmidt.
- also known as "Slovakia: geographical and historical outline to the excursion guides of the 10th congress of the Carpathian-Balkan Geological Association"
There are many other writings with this title.
Slovakia a.k.a. The Slovakia national football team represents Slovakia in association football and is controlled by the Slovak Football Association, the governing body for football in Slovakia. Slovakia's home stadium is Štadión Pasienky and their head coach is Ján Kozák. Slovakia are one of the newest national football teams in the world, having split from the Czechoslovakia national football team after the dissolution of the unified state in 1993, with the Czech Republic national football team continuing as the successor of the Czechoslovak team. Slovakia maintains its own national side that competes in all major professional tournaments.
- also known as Slovakia Mens National Football Team, Slovakia Men's National Football Team, Slovakia Football Team, Slovakia Mens Football Team, Slovakia National Soccer Team, Slovakia Mens National Soccer Team, Slovakia Men's Football Team, Slovakia Men's National Soccer Team, Slovakia Soccer Team, Slovakia Mens Soccer Team, Slovakia Men's Soccer Team
Phrases with Slovakia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Slovakia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by IBP, Inc.
Slovakia is a party to international treaties on corruption, among them the OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials, UN Anti-Organized Crime Convention, UN AntiCorruption Convention, and Criminal Law ...
Slovakia is a vast museum of folk art. Songs that have sprung from the hearts of the people and have passed from lip to lip for ...
by IBP USA
PROTECTING PRODUCT FROM IPR INFRINGEMENT Slovakia is a successor to conventions signed by the former Czechoslovakia, e.g., the Bern, Paris, Stockholm, Madrid, Nice, Lisbon, Locarno, Washington, Strasbourg, and Budapest ...
The European Spectacle by Wolfram Manzenreiter, Georg Spitaler
Slovakia is a very civilized, beautiful, cultured, interesting country. (Arian) At our project day we could show people: 'Hey, there are countries that do not live brutally but nevertheless are located in Eastern Europe'. (Freya) None of these ...
Miniature Empires (1998)
A Historical Dictionary of the Newly Independent States by James Minahan
PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY: Slovakia is a mountainous country, with the Carpathian Mountains, including the High Tatra, in the north and northeast, the Low Tatra and Slovak Ore Mountains in the south, and the Eastern Carpathian Mountains in ...
Understanding Tahrir Square (2014)
What Transitions Elsewhere Can Teach Us about the Prospects for Arab Democracy by Stephen R. Grand
Slovakia is a stable democracy, firmly anchored in the European Union and NATO. An active civic sector continues to push for greater transparency, accountability, and public participation in governance. Meciar's popular support has dwindled ...
by Georgios Terzis
Slovakia is a rather small country. Being one of the few countries in the world with a flat tax rate until 2012, Slovakia has been of interest to financial ...
Slovakia in Pictures (2010)
by Francesca Davis DiPiazza
Slovakia is a young country, with a young tradition of democratic politics and economics. Its progress has been impressive. Many Slovaks believe that it is a wise policy to work hard and to invest money in education and technology. In less than ...
Selected papers from the conference on Shakespeare Translation in the Romantic Age, Antwerp, 1990 by Dirk Delabastita, Lieven Dhulst
Since Shakespeare's way into Slovakia is a special case, this aspect will be discussed separately at the end of this paper. Though there were tremendous differences between Poland and Bohemia along cultural, social, political, and other ...
Kayaking and Canoeing (2010)
The World's Best Paddling Locations and Techniques by Paul Mason
River Dunajec Slovakia is a small country, but it's big in the world of kayaking and canoeing. This is home to Michal Martikán, winner of two Olympic and seven World Championship gold medals for white-water canoeing. Fortunately, you don 't ...
by Hans-Dieter Klingemann, Dieter Fuchs, Jan Zielonka
Romany migration was perceived as economically motivated and western governments stated that, despite shortcomings in the living conditions of the Roma, Slovakia is a democratic country. Slovak authorities demanded a European ...
Heinemann First Encyclopedia (2005)
by Heinemann Library (Firm)
Population about 4 million Main languages English, Malay, Chinese, Tamil Capital city Singapore City Money Singapore dollar Highest point Bukit Taniah Hill- 578 feet Slovakia see also: Czech Republic, Europe Slovakia is a country. - 25-...
by Richard T. Schaefer
Belarus Hungary Germany Austria Latvia Lithuania Croatia Sweden Slovakia Baltic Sea Ukraine Serbia Romania Bosnia & Herzegovina Greece Czech Republic Slovenia Russia Macedonia Albania A d ria tic Se a Historical Background ...
The Holocaust Encyclopedia (2001)
by Baumel Judith Tydor Laqueur Walter, Walter Laqueur, Judith Tydor Baumel
Freiwillige Schutzstaffel (Slovakia) Fédération des Sociétés Juives (Federation of ...
To Inspire Ambition, to Stimulate the Imagination, to Provide the Inquiring Mind with Accurate Information Told in an Interesting Style, and Thus Lead Into Broader Fields of Knowledge, Such is the Purpose of this Work by Guy Stanton Ford
G E o G R a phy A us tria, Czech o–Slovakia, Hungary, Rum an ia HESE four countries are called for convenience the Central European States. The first three came into separate existence as a result of the World War, having formerly been a ...
Encyclopedia of Human Rights (1996)
by Edward H. Lawson, Mary Lou Bertucci
San Marino, Senegal, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zaire, and Zambia. The optional protocol has been signed by Honduras and Yugoslavia.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Slovakia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Slovakia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Slovakia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Slovakia Meaning
Video shows what Slovakia means. Country in Central Europe. Official name: Slovak Republic.. Slovakia pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Slovakia meaning and pronunciation
A small country in eastern europe that borders with ukraine, czech republic, austria, ukraine and poland. historically it kept getting occupied by foreign powers ...
- Slovakia Language History
Historia slovenskeho jazyka History Slovak language.
- Super Six Tour 2013 - Dvory Nad Zitavou, Slovakia (Multi-language)
- Dictionary - product of Comenius Slovakia
- Video for the Winter Language School - Slavka (Slovakia)
Introduction video for the Winter Language School 2015 in Uzhgorod, Ukraine Help us caption & translate this video!
- Comenius Song from Slovakia (is English Language)
- Comenius Song from Slovakia ( in Slovakian Language)
Primary School students from Slovakia.
- Student from Slovakia Testimonial (Open Hearts Language Academy).
- English Language Activities, Stropkov, Slovakia
- AUDIO SPEECH AND LANGUAGE PROCESSING PROJECTS IN SLOVAKIA
See also the pronunciation examples of Slovakia!
Sign Language for Cities of Slovakia
Quotes about Slovakia
Slovakia's joining the OECD in 1999 is totally dependent on meeting economic reforms required such as transparency and legislation that permits fair and open conduct of trade and business. (John Mica)
more quotes about slovakia...
Scrabble value of S1L1O1V4A1K5I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SLOVAKIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Slovakia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Slovakia to see it in context!