On this page:
- Definition of the noun sojourn
- Definition of the verb sojourn
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sojourn
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sojourn
- Usage statistics about sojourn
- Photos about Sojourn
- Video about Sojourn
- Quotes about Sojourn
- Scrabble value of S1O1J8O1U1R1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sojourn
What does sojourn mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sojourns
- a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
Alternative definition of the noun sojourn
- A short stay somewhere.
- A temporary residence.
Definition of the verb sojourn
What does sojourn mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: sojourned | sojourning | sojourns
- spend a certain length of time; reside temporarily
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Theme - being] [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] My family always summered at the seashore
- lexical domain: Stative - verbs of being, having, spatial relations
- more generic words: pass / spend = use up a period of time in a specific way
Alternative definition of the verb sojourn
- [intransitive] To reside somewhere temporarily, especially as a guest or lodger.
Sojourn Music consists of a group of musicians with backgrounds in jazz, country, and pop who came together with musicians from indie and punk rock backgrounds, seeking to serve the Church with a sense of unity and beauty. Sojourn creates new songs for modern missionary worship, rich in Christian teaching and contextualized in modern culture. Contemporary hymns, psalms, and songs of lament and praise are written by members of the Louisville, KY-based Sojourn Community.
- also known as Sojourn Music
- albums: "Before The Throne", "Advent Songs", "These Things I Remember", "Over The Grave", "Come Ye Sinners"
Who is Sojourn?
Sojourn is a musical artist.
- also known as Tres Hodgins
- "Sojourn" is a musical album of Mickey Tucker.
- "Sojourn": 4th solo album by Jonathan Nicholson (aka Calliope's Burden), and the 1st to drop the Calliope's Burden moniker in favor of Jonathan's real name.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Sojourn" is a musical album of Marty Ehrlich.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "Sojourn" is a musical album of Bill Cornish.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Sojourn" is a musical album of rAXYOr.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Sojourn" is a musical album of Arauco Libre.
"Sojourn" is the third book in The Dark Elf Trilogy, written by R.A. Salvatore.
- language: English Language
- author: R. A. Salvatore
- Roddy McGristle
- Belwar Dissengulp
- Montolio Debrouchee
- released in (24 years ago)
"Sojourn": Jim Ronan needs to give up hockey in order to find himself. Jim Ronan quits hockey and comes home to deal with his father and now needs to confront the man and the high expectations.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Ronan Linder
- producers: Becka Linder & Ronan Linder
- written by Ronan Linder
- genres: Sports, Indie film, Family, Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
- Sojourn was a fantasy comic book series published by CrossGen about the adventures of the archer Arwyn and her friend Gareth as they traveled in a fantasy world with dragons, trolls, and magic. Starting in 2001, it ran for 35 issues before it was forced to end by the bankruptcy of CrossGen in 2004. For a time, this series was Crossgen's highest grossing comic.
- Sojourn: Sojourn: Journal of Social Issues in Southeast Asia is a leading interdisciplinary journal devoted to the study of social and cultural issues in Southeast Asia. It publishes empirical and theoretical research articles with a view to promoting and disseminating scholarship in and on the region. The areas of special concern are ethnicity, religion, urbanization, migration, and development. The journal includes articles, research notes and comments, notices on conferences, workshops and seminars, and book reviews, as well as occasional English translations of pivotal research published in Southeast Asian languages. It is published twice a year, in April and October.
- Sojourn was a MUD founded in 1993. During its lifespan, it was regarded as a leading source of innovation and content creation. At its height, it was extremely popular and content-rich. It was based on the Sequent derivative of the DikuMUD codebase.
- Sojourn is a musical artist, featured artist.
- read more about Sojourn (singer)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sojourn
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Who Said That? (1997)
Famous Americans Speak by Robert Burleigh, David Catrow
To sojourn means to travel, and ex-slave Sojourner Truth did just that, crossing the borders between states and the borders between different kinds of people in pre-Civil War America. After a religious conversion in the 1840s, the six-foot-tall ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
SOJOURN, n.s. \sejour, French ; from the ' verb] A temporary residence; a casual and no settled habitation. This word was anciently ac- cented on the last syllable: Milion accents it indifferently. — The princes, France and Burgundy, Long in our ...
by Encyclopaedia Perthensis
SOJOURN, n.f. [sejour, French ; from the verb.j A temporary relidei ce ; a casual and no settled habitation. This word was anciently accented on the last syllable : Milton accents it indifferently. — The princes, France and Burpundy, Long in our ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sojourn
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about sojourn
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun sojourn:
Photos about Sojourn
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Sojourn Motel
15485 Ventura Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, California
Unsurpassed Comfort and Convenience
Serving the Valley
Restaurant Coffee Shop
Photo credit: jericl cat
- Sojourn kayaks
Photo credit: Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Seabourn Sojourn
Photo credit: JeanbaptisteM
- Seabourn Sojourn Gym
Photo credit: Josh Friedman Luxury Travel
- Seabourn Sojourn
Taken on Seabourn Sojourn Cruise around the Mediterranean...
Photo credit: Tips For Travellers
- Sweetbush Sojourn
Skunk Creek Bed, Peoria, Arizona.
Photo credit: harefoot1066
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Sojourn
Video shows what sojourn means. A short stay somewhere.. A temporary residence.. sojourn pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Sojourn!
Quotes about Sojourn
It is better, I think, to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them... At least he who reaches will get a good stretch, a good view, and perhaps even a low-hanging apple for his efforts. (R.A. Salvatore)
more quotes about sojourn...
Scrabble value of S1O1J8O1U1R1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Sojourn to see it in context!