On this page:
- Definition of the noun somewhere
- Definition of the adverb somewhere
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Somewhere
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Somewhere
- Photos about Somewhere
- Video language resources about Somewhere
- Sign language
- Quotes about Somewhere
- Scrabble value of S1O1M3E1W4H4E1R1E1
- Share this page
The word somewhere is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun somewhere
What does somewhere mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: somewheres
- an indefinite or unknown location
Definition of the adverb somewhere
What does somewhere mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- in or at or to some place
Alternative definition of the adverb somewhere
- In an uncertain or unspecified location.
- synonym: someplace (US)
- To an uncertain or unspecified location.
- "Somewhere" is a 2010 American drama film written and directed by Sofia Coppola. The film follows Johnny Marco, a newly famous actor, as he recuperates from a minor injury at the Chateau Marmont, a well-known Hollywood retreat. Despite money, fame and professional success, Marco is trapped in an existential crisis and feels little emotion during his daily life. When his ex-wife suffers an unexplained breakdown and goes away, she leaves Cleo, their 11-year-old daughter, in his care. They spend time together and her presence helps Marco mature and accept adult responsibility. The film explores ennui among Hollywood stars, the father–daughter relationship and offers an oblique comedy of show business, particularly Hollywood film-making and the life of a "star".
- also known as En un rincón del corazón; Где-то; Baska Bir Yerde; En un rincon del corazon; Ey sham; Negdje; Quelque Part; Sadghats; Somewhere - Algures; Somewhere - En un rincón del corazón; Somewhere, en un rincón del corazón; Somewhere. Miedzy miejscami; Somewhere: En un lugar del corazón; Tam nekje; Um Lugar Qualquer
- country: United States of America
- languages: Italian Language, English Language
- producers: G. Mac Brown, Roman Coppola, Sofia Coppola & Jordan Stone
- executive producers: Francis Ford Coppola, Paul Rassam, Fred Roos
- production design by Anne Ross
- art direction by Shane Valentino
- written by Sofia Coppola
- Stephen Dorff as Johnny Marco
- Elle Fanning as Cleo
- Chris Pontius as Sammy
- Alexandra Williams
- Kristina Shannon as Bambi
- Karissa Shannon as Cindy
- Lala Sloatman as Layla
- Amanda Anka as Marge
- Ellie Kemper as Claire
- Brian Gattas
- Michelle Monaghan as Rebecca
- Paul Greene
- Eliza Coupe as Hotel Room Neighbor
- Nunzio Alfredo 'Pupi' D'Angieri as Pupi
- Jo Champa
- Philip Pavel
- Laura Ramsey as Naked Blonde with Sailor Cap
- Caitlin Keats
- Rich Delia as Richie
- Benicio del Toro as Celebrity
- Alden Ehrenreich
- Julia Melim as Sarah
- Becky O'Donohue
- Robert Schwartzman
- Laura Chiatti as Sylvia
- Nathalie Fay
- casting by Nicole Daniels & Courtney Sheinin
- cinematography by Harris Savides
- edited by Sarah Flack
- music by Phoenix
- costume design by Stacey Battat
- set decoration by Fainche MacCarthy
- genres: Comedy-drama, Black comedy, Indie film, Comedy, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer nomination for Elle Fanning
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Harris Savides
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling For A Miniseries Or A Movie nomination for Oney Syers II
- Golden Lion, received by Sofia Coppola
- official website: www.scsomewhere.com
- "Somewhere" a.k.a. "Sometime, Somewhere": Oridathu is an Indian Malayalam satirical drama film written and directed by G. Aravindan. Nedumudi Venu, Sreenivasan, Thilakan, Vineeth, Krishnankutty Nair, Chandran Nair and Soorya form the cast. The story is about the problems faced by the people of a hamlet where electricity in unavailable, when electric supply finally reaches there. The film reaches a conclusion that life is better without electricity. The indefinability of the human mind is the theme of the film. Though the film is discussing a serious issue, the treatment of it is very simplistic. Humour and intensity characterise the film that is set in the mid-fifties. The film is different from many of Aravindan's earlier works in that it deals with a broad range of characters and lacks a clear-cut linear story. It became a major critical success and earned the best director awards for Aravindan at state and national film awards.
- read more about Sometime, Somewhere
- "Somewhere" tells the story of Ben Prowse and Lauri Rain two twenty something travelers who realize the first ten years of their adult life have been burdened by the high speed demands of college jobs and relationships. When they meet in a Northern Thailand village far from the pressures of home their familiar lives are suddenly challenged by their intrigue for each other. As Ben and Lauri travel south together through the enriched beauty of buddhist temples night markets and the crystal waters of the Southern islands they find themselves on a journey neither were looking for a journey of romance and personal resolution that will change their lives forever.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Thomas Whelan
- producers: Emyr G. Graciano, Kyle Dean Jackson, Thomas Whelan
- executive producers: Suzanne Labelle & Greg McDonald
- written by Brian LaBelle
- genres: Romance Film, Adventure Film, Drama
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Somewhere" is a 2005 short film written and directed by Ben Thomas as a glimpse at the future of internet gaming and how far people will go for fame.
- also known as Inter-Roulette
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Ras Barker
- written by Ben Thomas
- casting by Alison Lee
- cinematography by Paul Doble
- edited by Ben Thomas
- music by Steve Gerald
- released on (10 years ago)
- official website: www.extradigit.com
- "Somewhere" is a 2013 animated film directed by Nicolas Ménard.
- "Somewhere" sometimes referred to as "Somewhere" or simply "There's a Place for Us" is a song from the 1957 Broadway musical West Side Story that was made into a film in 1961. The music is composed by Leonard Bernstein with lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and takes a phrase from the slow movement of Beethoven's 'Emperor' Piano Concerto, which forms the start of the melody, and also a longer phrase from the main theme of Pyotr Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake.
- also known as Somewhere (from 'West Side Story'), Somewhere (Ballet), Somewhere (West Side Story), Somewhere (From "West Side Story"), Somewhere (alternative motion picture version), Somewhere (Finale), Ballet Sequence: Somewhere
- music by Leonard Bernstein
- lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
- "Somewhere" is the title of Eva Cassidy's seventh posthumous album and the fourth studio album, twelve years after her death in 1996. For the first time, it includes two songs written by Eva Cassidy herself.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Somewhere" is a soundtrack, musical album.
- also known as Somewhere Soundtrack
- genre: Film score
- "Somewhere" is a musical album by Standards Trio.
- "Somewhere" is a song by Shanice. It was the lead single to her third album 21... Ways to Grow.
- "Somewhere" is a 1997 EP by the Pet Shop Boys.
- also known as Somewhere (disc 2), Somewhere (Seven Versions)
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Somewhere" is a composition, cataloged instance.
Somewhere is a multi-disciplinary UK-based creative organisation founded in 2001 by artist / film-makers Karen Guthrie and Nina Pope to produce and support projects with a concern for under-represented subjects, new audiences and innovative uses of media and technologies.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Somewhere
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Francis Katamba
+elevator, +escalator (somewhere); boat, +sailboat, +steamship, +Queen Mary, yacht, punt, +flat- boat, +lighter, barge, raft, canoe, kayak (somewhere); jet, +747, +Concorde, sailplane, +glider, helicopter, +chopper, +Zeppelin, balloon, ...
by Martin Manser
move somewhere slowly on wheels, or move ( something large and heavy) somewhere slowly on wheels: The old school.
by Claus Peter Zoller
chaz - cha 171 (somewhere)'. Aor. tr. sAy cha or...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Somewhere
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Somewhere
Click on an item to view that photo:
over the rainbow Sycamore Canyon Park Riverside Ca
Photo credit: danorth1
Photo credit: lindseywb
Photo credit: RightIndex
Photo credit: Roman Königshofer | rawmeyn
Somewhere in France in the early 80's. Photo was taken with a Kiev 80 and a 90mm lens on Ilford FP4. The film was in the camera for years before being developed, so that arrows which were printed on the paper marking the film start, made it to the film.
Photo credit: ::ErWin
between Oslo and Trondheim
Photo credit: y entonces
Photo credit: TheArtificer
Photo credit: m.ikezu
Photo credit: dr.eM
Photo credit: catherinecronin
Photo credit: Cr⊕ssHair
Photo credit: 松林Ｌ
Photo credit: sudokofiev
Photo credit: Cate Storymoon
- Somewhere near China
Photo credit: < J >
- Somewhere safe
first photo manipulation
Photo credit: Samiul Haque Ruslan
- Somewhere ....
Good Bye Caribbean!!!
See you next year!
Photo credit: kasio69
Photo credit: Christopher Farmer
- ~~~ Somewhere ~~~
Photo credit: Trish Hamme
- Somewhere in Northern Michigan
Photo credit: rkramer62
View more pictures about Somewhere Else.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Somewhere
Click on an item to play that video:
- Somewhere Meaning
Video shows what somewhere means. In an uncertain or unspecified location.. To an uncertain or unspecified location.. somewhere pronunciation. How to ...
- Get one's butt somewhere Meaning
Video shows what get one's butt somewhere means. Go somewhere, especially quickly.. Get one's butt somewhere Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Different Language - Plane to Somewhere
Label: Black Sheep Trax Catalog#: BST013 Release Date: 14th May, 2012 Style: Minimal/Techno Tracklisting: 1. Plane To Somewhere / 8:15 2. Train To ...
- Somewhere in the between (cover) DESCRIPTION
- Somebody does a donut somewhere in a car of some description
- Wooden Arms - Separate The Verb - live Somewhere in Munich 2015-01-26
See also the pronunciation examples of Somewhere!
Click on an item to play that video:
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in sign language
A 3rd grader performs "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in sign language at the school talent show.
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Sign Language
Sign Language Music Video of Somewhere Over The Rainbow performed by Judy Garland. Signed by Zee Broussard. Originally used for the memorial service ...
- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in American Sign Language
Ryann Fical expressing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by E.Y. Harburg in American Sign Language. This performance was for a AMSL 102 final. No copyright ...
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Sign Language
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
Quotes about Somewhere
Like you forever
Feel like true dream
Better never ends
Like you forever
Feel like clean air
Pleasure to breathe
Like you forever. (Abhinaba Sen)
more quotes about somewhere...
Scrabble value of S1O1M3E1W4H4E1R1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Somewhere to see it in context!