Son of the Pink Panther
On this page:
"Son of the Pink Panther" is the ninth entry in the 30-year-old The Pink Panther film series. Directed by Blake Edwards, it stars Roberto Benigni as Inspector Clouseau's illegitimate son. Also in this film are Panther regulars Herbert Lom, Burt Kwouk and Graham Stark and a star of the original 1963 film, Claudia Cardinale. It was the final film for both writer-director Blake Edwards and composer Henry Mancini; Edwards retired from movie making, and Mancini died the following year. It opened to poor box office and bitter reviews from critics who felt the Pink Panther movies had run their course.
- countries: Italy, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Tony Adams & Friend Michael Wells
- executive producer: Nigel Wooll
- production design by Peter Mullins
- art direction by Leslie Tomkins, David Minty, John Siddall
- written by Blake Edwards, Maurice Richlin, Madeline Sunshine & Steven Sunshine
- based on a story by Blake Edwards
- Herbert Lom as Commissioner Dreyfus
- Roberto Benigni as Gendarme Jacques Gambrelli
- Claudia Cardinale as Maria Gambrelli
- Debrah Farentino as Princess Yasmin
- Anton Rodgers as Police Chief Charles Lazar
- Burt Kwouk as Cato
- Graham Stark as Prof. Auguste Balls
- Robert Davi as Hans Zarba
- Shabana Azmi as Queen
- Jennifer Edwards as Yussa
- Mark Schneider as Arnon
- Mike Starr as Hanif
- Kenny Spalding as Garth
- casting by Nancy Klopper
- cinematography by Dick Bush
- edited by Robert Pergament
- music by Henry Mancini, Bobby McFerrin
- set decoration by Peter Howitt
- genres: Parody, Farce, Comedy
- Inspector Clouseau's biggest mistake lives on!
- Funny has a color all its own.
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (21 years ago)
- award: - Razzie Award for Worst New Star nomination for Roberto Benigni
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Son of the Pink Panther
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Celebration of the Grooviest People, Events, and Artifacts of the 1960s by Chris Strodder
and the feeble Son of the Pink Panther ('93), with still more in the 2000s. None was a ...
by Anthony Slide
In August1993, Mancuso named John Calley to be president of UA, and the company releaseditsfirst film inmany years, Son of the Pink Panther.Calley was replacedbyLindsayDoran in November 1996. United Artists unveiled anewlogo ...
by Richard B. Armstrong, Mary Willems Armstrong
The persistent Edwards tried to resurrect the series a decade later with ¡993's Son of the Pink Panther, which starred Italian comedian Roberto Benigni as Clouseau's bumbling, illegitimate son. See also Jewel Thieves. The Pink Panther (¡964); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Son of the Pink Panther
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: