Soulfly is a heavy metal band formed in 1997 based in Phoenix, Arizona. The original lyrical content revolved around spirituality and religious themes, with later albums encompassing other themes including war, violence, aggression, hatred and anger. Soulfly is led by former Sepultura frontman Max Cavalera, who formed the band after he left the Brazilian group in 1996. The band has released eight studio albums, one tour EP, several singles, and one DVD video. Their eighth album Enslaved was released on March 13, 2012.
- also known as Soufly
- Massimiliano Antonio Cavalera (Vocals) since
- Marc Rizzo (Guitar) since
- Tony Campos (Bass guitar) since
- David Kinkade (Drums) between and
- Lucio Maia (Guitar) between and
- Cello Dias (Bass guitar) between and (6 years)
- Roy Mayorga (Drums) between and (2 years)
- Roy Mayorga (Drums) between and
- Mike Doling (Guitar) between and (4 years)
- Joe Nuñez (Drums) between and
- Joe Nuñez (Drums) between and (8 years)
- David Ellefson in
- Dave Chavarri
- Bobby Burns between and (7 years)
- Johny Chow between and
- Dan Lilker in
- Logan Mader between and
- Zyon Cavalera (Drums) since
- Joe Nuñez between and (2 years)
- Joe Nuñez between and (6 years)
- genres: Heavy metal, Thrash metal, Nu metal, Groove metal, Alternative metal, Death metal, Hardcore punk
- albums: "Soulfly" (disc 2), "Bleed", "Umbabarauma", "Primitive", "3", "Dark Ages", "Tribe", "Back to the Primitive", "Conquer", "The Song Remains Insane", "Omen", "Blood Fire War Hate", "Enslaved", "Eye for an Eye", "Son Song", "Jumpdafuckup", "Downstroy", "Seek 'N' Strike", "Prophecy", "Carved Inside", "Unleash", "Rise of the Fallen", "World Scum", "Frontline, Volume 2: The Singles Club'", "Savages", "Bloodshed"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Brasil - "Bleed"
- nominated to Echo Award for Best National Rock/Alternative Group - "Primitive"
- official website: www.soulfly.com
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Soulfly
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Observances, Holidays and Celebrations from MobileReference (2007)
Lostprophets, Madrugada, Mercury Rev, Nelly Furtado, New Order, No Doubt, The Notwist, The Promise Ring, Queens of the Stone Age, Readymade, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rival Schools, Simian, Simple Plan, Soulfly, Sportfreunde Stiller, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soulfly
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soulfly
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of S1O1U1L1F4L1Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Soulfly for some fun with words!