On this page:
Soulfly is a metal band formed in 1997 based in Phoenix, Arizona. The original lyrical content revolved around spirituality and religious themes, with later albums encompassing other themes including war, violence, aggression, slavery, hatred and anger. Soulfly is led by former Sepultura frontman Max Cavalera, who formed the band after he left the Brazilian group in 1996. The band has released nine studio albums, one tour EP, 19 singles, and one DVD video. Their debut album, Soulfly, was released on April 21, 1998, while their newest album, Savages, was released on September 30, 2013.
- also known as Soufly
- Massimiliano Antonio Cavalera (Vocals) since
- Marc Rizzo (Guitar) since
- Tony Campos (Bass guitar) since
- David Kinkade (Drums) between and
- Lucio Maia (Guitar) between and
- Cello Dias (Bass guitar) between and (6 years)
- Roy Mayorga (Drums) between and (2 years)
- Roy Mayorga (Drums) between and
- Mike Doling (Guitar) between and (4 years)
- Joe Nuñez (Drums) between and
- Joe Nuñez (Drums) between and (8 years)
- David Ellefson in
- Dave Chavarri
- Bobby Burns between and (7 years)
- Johny Chow between and
- Dan Lilker in
- Logan Mader between and
- Zyon Cavalera (Drums) since
- Joe Nuñez between and (2 years)
- Joe Nuñez between and (6 years)
- genres: Nu metal, Thrash metal, Heavy metal, Groove metal, Alternative metal, Death metal, Hardcore punk
- albums: "Soulfly", "Bleed", "Umbabarauma", "Primitive", "3", "Dark Ages", "Tribe", "Back to the Primitive", "Conquer", "The Song Remains Insane", "Omen", "Blood Fire War Hate", "Enslaved", "Eye for an Eye", "Son Song", "Jumpdafuckup", "Downstroy", "Seek 'N' Strike", "Prophecy", "Carved Inside", "Unleash", "Rise of the Fallen", "World Scum", "Frontline, Volume 2: The Singles Club'", "Savages", "Bloodshed"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Viewer's Choice Award for MTV Brasil - "Bleed"
- nominated to Echo Award for Best National Rock/Alternative Group - "Primitive"
- official website: www.soulfly.com
"Soulfly": Soulfly is the debut studio album by metal band Soulfly released on April 21, 1998 through Roadrunner Records. The record was released in memory of frontman Max Cavalera's murdered stepson and the first album featuring Cavalera since leaving Sepultura two years prior. Both CDs have the message In Loving Memory Dana printed across them. The album has been certified gold by the RIAA.
- also known as Soulfly (disc 2)
- genres: Nu metal, Alternative metal, Groove metal, Heavy metal, Extreme metal
- released on (16 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soulfly
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soulfly
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of S1O1U1L1F4L1Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Soulfly for some fun with words!