On this page:
- Definition of the noun soundtrack
- Definition of the verb soundtrack
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soundtrack
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soundtrack
- Photos about Soundtrack
- Video language resources about Soundtrack
- Quotes about Soundtrack
- Scrabble value of S1O1U1N1D2T1R1A1C3K5
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun soundtrack
What does soundtrack mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: soundtracks
- sound recording on a narrow strip of a motion picture film
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic terms: audio / audio recording / sound recording = a recording of acoustic signals
- more specific terms:
- part of: sound film = motion-picture film with sound effects and dialogue recorded on it
Alternative definition of the noun soundtrack
- A narrow strip running down a movie film that carries the recorded sound in synchronization with the pictures.
- The sound (especially the music) component of a movie.
- A recording of such music for sale.
Definition of the verb soundtrack
What does soundtrack mean as a doing word?
- To provide, or to act as the sound or music component of a film
- "Soundtrack" is a 2011 Bollywood Stoner drama film and is an official remake of the Canadian independent film It's All Gone Pete Tong. The film was directed by Debutant Neerav Ghosh and features Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan. The film received positive reviews from critics but was a flop at the box office.
- country: India
- languages: English Language, Hindi Language
- producers: Sanjiv Goenka & Apurv Nagpal
- production design by Saini S. Johray
- written by Chintan Gandhi, Rajiv Krishna, Aarthi Rayapura & Neerav Ghosh
- Rajeev Khandelwal as Raunak Kaul
- Soha Ali Khan as Gauri
- Mrinalini Sharma as Shonali
- Mohan Kapoor as Charlie
- Yatin Karyekar as Surinder Bhan
- Ankur Tewari as Banjo
- Siddharath Coutto as Biscuit
- Jyamin Ali as Musician at Kathak Dance
- Rekha Desai as Smriti Kaul
- Sharad Jagtiani as Mr. Kaul
- Rajat Kaul as DJ Sonic
- Surender Rajan as Makrand Chacha
- Baby Sarah Shetty as Mihika
- Manu Rishi as ENT Spealist Dr. Manu Rishi Chadha
- Angie as Drunk PYT
- Soni Barring as Angel
- Harjit Soni Bhoondpal as Charlie's Angel 2
- Anisa Butt as Charlie's Angel 3
- Sagar Chavan as Photographer at Press Conference
- cinematography by Anshuman Mahaley
- edited by Sanjay Roderick & Ambar Vyas
- music by Karsh Kale, MIDIval Punditz
- costume design by Fabeha
- set decoration by Nupur Joshi
- genres: Musical, Drama, World cinema, Bollywood, Musical Drama
- released on (4 years ago)
- official website: web03.saregama.com/sound-track/index.html
- "Soundtrack" is a 2011 short comedy film written by Winnie Kemp and Thomas Leisten Schneider and directed by Thomas Leisten Schneider.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Winnie Kemp, Michael Tringe, Thomas Leisten Schneider & Katia Sourzac
- executive producers: Winnie Kemp & Michael Tringe
- production design by Constance Ream
- written by Thomas Leisten Schneider & Winnie Kemp
- cinematography by Andrew Russo
- edited by Merritt Lear
- music by Alex Kemp
- costume design by Mirren Gordon-Crozier
- genre: Comedy
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a film, directed by Ken Nikai.
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- genres: Fantasy, Japanese Movies, Drama
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a 2012 film written and directed by Jasper Moeyaert, Emanuel Vanderjeugd, Stefaan Ledeganck and Bjorn Rutgeerts.
- "Soundtrack" is a live album by jazz saxophonist Charles Lloyd recorded at The Town Hall in 1968 by the Charles Lloyd Quartet featuring Keith Jarrett, Ron McClure, and Jack DeJohnette.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (46 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a CD released by the Fullerton College Jazz Bands and Vocal Jazz for the Discovery Records Trend AM-PM label.
- "Soundtrack" is the seventh studio album of English rock band Modern English. The first to be released on Darla Records, Soundtrack marks a new territory for the band, as they continue on making music nearly 30 years after their debut album. The album was produced by Hugh Jones.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a 2001 album by jazz trumpeter Guy Barker. The album was nominated for the 2002 Mercury Music Prize.
- genre: Jazz
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Lao Che.
- released on
- "Soundtrack" is a 2011 EP by OneRepublic.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Christian Bautista.
- released on
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Linda Eder.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of (Fake) The Facts.
- released in
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Principal Edwards Magic Theatre.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Red Sleeping Beauty.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of JUKE/19.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical EP of Rozzo.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Soundtrack" is a musical album of Parallaxe.
- Soundtrack for this TV program.
- SoundTrack is a film job.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Soundtrack
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lalo Schifrin
A soundtrack is a combination of dialogue, sound effects, and music. There is a style of music based on the manipulation of noises called “musique concrete,” originating in the work of French composer/theorist Pierre Shaeffer. Shaeffer took ...
Visual QuickStart Guide by Jeff Carlson
A soundtrack is an audio file (usually a song) that plays behind the video. It's represented by a green field that literally sits behind the filmstrip. (See Chapter 12 for more on editing audio.) • Clips size slider. This control determines how many ...
by Charles Barr
The musical soundtrack is an eclectic and, for most of the time, fairly predictable mix. But some twenty minutes from the end, a strong and familiar orchestral score takes over, and continues without a break for six minutes and twenty seconds.
by Josh Becker, Bruce Campbell
The Optical Soundtrack: The optical soundtrack is a technological holdover from 1928 when sound first came to movies. It was known then as the Fox System since it was developed by the Fox Film Corporation (prior to becoming 20th ...
by Nahem Yousaf
mourous, the David Bowie soundtrack is an inspiration, and the casting is superb from Roshan Seth's embarrassingly emotional Har- oon...
Virtual Media and Children's Everyday Play by Seth Giddings
The soundtrack is a cacophony of voices making car noises and exhortations to ' come on!' and 'drive faster!' The two boys and cars, followed by the camera, trace a circuit or two of the room before arriving at a tall construction of larger plastic ...
Jacques Tourneur (1998)
The Cinema of Nightfall by Chris Fujiwara
The soundtrack is a tapestry of natural sounds, predominantly the wind and the two women's clothes rustling in the sugarcanes; against this background, a number of distinct sounds become prominent: the amplified hum of the wind whistling ...
Soundtrack Available (2001)
Essays on Film and Popular Music by Pamela Robertson Wojcik, Arthur Knight
As such, the soundtrack is a thematic analogue of border crossings that structures the score in a direct relationship to the film's narrative organization, distorted mise-en-scene, and political ambitions. Rather than following the conventional ...
The Disney Song Encyclopedia (2009)
by Thomas S. Hischak, Mark A. Robinson
The Happiest Millionaire Film soundtrack (1967). With Fred MacMurray, Tommy Steele, Greer Garson, Lesley Ann Warren, John Davidson. CD, DVD The Haunted Mansion Theme park soundtrack (1969). CD The Haunted Mansion: ...
by Thomas S. Hischak
Dearest Enemy Television soundtrack: AEI (1955) With Cyril Ritchard, Anne Jeffreys, Robert Sterling, Cornelia Otis Skinner. CD Studio recording: Beginners Records/Bayview (1981) With Michele Summers, Freddy Williams, Charles West, ...
More Than a Century of Recordings from Wax Cylinder to the Internet by Brian Wright-McLeod
Original score by Leonard Roseman, whose soundtrack albums for East of Eden and Rebel went gold; orchestration by Ralph Ferraro; Lloyd One Star (Lakota) from Rosebud, South Dakota, acted as Native music advisor and choral director; ...
by NA NA
The magnetic film and the picture are edited together in complete synchronisation and eventually the soundtrack is transferred, either as an optical or as a magnetic track to the release prints of the film. MAGNETIC SOUNDTRACK A soundtrack ...
by John Kenneth Muir
The Top Twe ROCK SOUNDTRACK MOVIES A great rock soundtrack can do wonders for a movie. It can complement, undercut or contrast with the imagery unfolding on screen, and thereby forever forge mental connections between a song ...
by Melissa U. D. Goldsmith, Paige A. Willson, Anthony J. Fonseca
Soundtrack and Album A first screenplay written by director Scott Cooper, Crazy Heart showcases Bridges's talents, revealing that the actor is more than convincing as a washed-out country singer, giving a solid leading performance balanced ...
by Keith M. Booker
Even aside from musicals, virtually every American film from the sound era has included a soundtrack of background music that helps to set the tone and atmosphere for the scenes in which it appears. Early on, film music was dominated by ...
by Lynnea Chapman King
The enormously popular soundtrack to O Brother received Grammies for Album of the Year and Best Compilation Sound...
gospel, bluegrass, and folk music, and reminiscent of Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music, the soundtrack ...
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
The Young Savages soundtrack; Dec. CDs: FF; New Chamber Music; w. Kenny Dorham (Riv.); O. Pettiford (Imp.); The Manchurian Candidate soundtrack ( Premier).
Everything Fab Four by Kenneth Womack
soundtrack, released on August 13, 1965; and Yesterday . . . and Today, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Soundtrack
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Soundtrack
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Motion City Soundtrack.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Soundtrack
Click on an item to play that video:
- Garden State Soundtrack - New Slang by The Shins
- Tales of the Abyss Soundtrack - Meaning of Birth
Tales of the Abyss Official Soundtrack.
- Super Mario RPG Soundtrack: Explanation
Super Mario RPG Soundtrack: This is the music that plays during an explanation of a Mini-Game or something of the sort. Soundtrack Download: ...
- Ai Te Ie Ie - Nike Indri / Soundtrack "Meaning of Love" (2012)
Official Soundtrack "Meaning of Love (MLove)" By : Nike Indri Song By : Ghode Lyrics By : Sumerlin VideoClip By : Rius Suhendra Editing By : Rafi Kensington ...
- Cars Movie Soundtrack High Audio Definition
- Soundtrack Meaning
Video shows what soundtrack means. A narrow strip running down a movie film that carries the recorded sound in synchronization with the pictures.. The sound ...
- Ai Te Ie Ie - Nike Feat Adikin [Soundtrack Movie Meaning of Love]
Official Soundtrack "Meaning of Love (MLove)" By : Nike Indri and Adikin Song By : Ghode Lyric By : Sumerlin VideoClip : Rius Suhendra Editing : Rafi ...
- Super Mario RPG Soundtrack: Explanation (1080p)
- Soundtrack Pro: Audio terminology | lynda.com
This specific tutorial is a single movie from chapter one of the Soundtrack Pro 2 Essential Training course presented by lynda.com author Larry Jordan.
- Pikmin 2 Soundtrack - Explanation
- Shiver Project Soundtrack Explanation
- Super Mario RPG Soundtrack - Explanation!
- "Flagon" Soundtrack - Track 09: Fighting Vocabulary
- Motion City Soundtrack - "Resolution" and explanation LIVE at the House of Blue Anaheim, CA 2/12/15
via YouTube Capture.
- Mario party 6 soundtrack - Brighton's Explanation
- Nurse Betty (Soundtrack) - 06 - Now Del...The Definition of Stupid
Music composed and conducted by Rolfe Kent.
- Super Mario RPG Soundtrack - Disc 1 (13) Explanation
- Super Mario Sunshine Soundtrack F L U D D Explanation Movie 1080p
- PuLiRuLa soundtrack 02 - Radishland Story Explanation
- Dark Law Meaning of Death Super Nintendo Snes Complete Soundtrack OST
- ESL Cologne 2014 Aftermovie SOUNDTRACK
- Porter Robinson - Language [Forza Horizon Soundtrack]
[Forza Horizon Soundtrack]
- Love in Any Language - soundtrack
- Jebediah - Simple (Occasional Coarse Language Soundtrack)
Jebediah - Simple (Occasional Course Language Soundtrack) Australian Band from Perth. Great unknown Jebediah classic!
- Looking Original Soundtrack | Body Language - Well Absolutely
- Forza 4 Horizon - Language (Soundtrack)
Porter Robinson - Language (Original Mix) Soundtrack from Forza 4 Horizon.
See also the pronunciation examples of Soundtrack!
Quotes about Soundtrack
Usually, when I do a soundtrack, the music from the movie doesn't have anything to do with me personally. It's music to enhance to the film. My own stuff is more introspective and about what's on going in my head. (Stanley Clarke)
more quotes about soundtrack...
Scrabble value of S1O1U1N1D2T1R1A1C3K5
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine