On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun spoken word
What does spoken word mean as a name of something?
- a word that is spoken aloud
- Spoken word involves performance-based poetry that focuses on the aesthetics of word play and story-telling. It often includes collaboration and experimentation with other art forms such as music, theater, and dance. There is no mandatory manner in which to perform spoken word, however, certain aspects of the artistry indicate that it is, indeed, spoken word. Spoken word usually tends to focus on the performance of the words themselves, the dynamics of tone, gestures, facial expressions, and more. Performers can weave in poetic components - such as rhyme, repetition, slang, improvisation, and many more elements of poetry - to create an atmosphere for the audience to experience.
- also known as Spoken Word Poetry
- "Spoken word" is a musical album of Francis Schaeffer.
- "Spoken Word" is a musical album of Roy Ayers.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Spoken Word" is a composition.
"Spoken Word" is a 2010 drama film written by William T. Conway and Joe Ray Sandoval and directed by Victor Nunez.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Victor Nuñez
- producers: William T. Conway & Karen Koch
- production design by Bryce Perrin
- art direction by Markus Maurette
- written by William T. Conway & Joe Ray Sandoval
- Miguel Sandoval as Emilio
- Kuno Becker as Cruz
- Persia White as Shea
- Rubén Blades as Cruz-Sr.
- Tony Elias as Ramon
- Jerry G. Angelo as Tomas
- Monique Gabriela Curnen as Gabrielle
- Maurice Compte as George
- Deborah Chavez as Candace
- Stephen Eiland as Big Mike
- Courtney Cunningham as Robyn
- Eddie L. Fauria as Old Head Ted
- Cástulo Guerra as Dr. Lopez
- Joe Manuel Gallegos Jr. as Deputy Sheriff Aragon
- Andre Kinney as Roberto
- Johnnie Hector as Luis
- Beth Bailey
- Monique Candelaria
- Ronald Hamilton as Spectator
- casting by Russell Boast & Richard Pagano
- cinematography by Virgil Mirano
- edited by Justin Geoffroy & Victor Nuñez
- music by DJ Skribble, Michael Brook
- costume design by Lahly Poore
- set decoration by Susan Magestro
- genres: Indie film, Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
Spoken Word is a 2013 Telly Award winning mini-TV series, created by SAVN.TV .
- begun on
- country: United States of America
- award: - Telly Award for Internet/Online Video Online Video - Religion/Spirituality, received by Salvation Army Vision Network
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Spoken word
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kylie Peppler
Spoken word poetry is a hybrid art form that blends the composition and performance of the written word, incorporating...
Spoken word poetry is a popular art form among many teens, primarily in urban areas, who use writing and performance ...
Encyclopedia of Perception (2009)
by E. Bruce Goldstein
By contrast, a spoken word is a sequence of elements temporally organized, and the order and the speed at which sensory information is received is not under the listener's control. Speech is a complex, transient, and rapidly changing signal.
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
non-recognition of obijects feltParaphasia verbalis (spoken word forgetfulness), non-recol ection of word Sounds. _ Paramusia (musical sound forgetfulness), non-recollection of musical Auditory ...
Dictionary of Vedanta (2002)
by Samir Nath
The spoken word had a mysterious, supernatural power; it contained within itself the essence of the thing denoted. To 'know the name' or anything was to control the thing. The word means wisdom, knowledge; and knowledge, as we have ...
by Norbert M. Seel
visual presentation-printed word combination, picture-spoken word combination, video-printed word audio combination, video-spoken word combination, and printed word–spoken word combination.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Spoken word
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Spoken word
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about The Spoken Word.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Spoken word
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Definition of a Black Man (Spoken Word)
Despite all of the recent controversies and all of the images circulating through the media portraying the black man as a threat to society, this video was ...
- The True Meaning of Christmas (Spoken word and Choreography)
Poetry, dance, and Jesus; put those 3 together and you get this video.
- Adam Falkner - "The Definition of Privilege" Spoken Word
- Spoken Word ~DEFINITION (Of A Mother) [thesmoke4real]
Follow thesmoke4real @ twitter & youtube @ thesmoke4real All credits goes to thesmoke4real who wrote & performed this masterpiece. Instrumental added by ...
- Spoken Word Poetry Definition - "What is Poetry"
Young Adult Spoken Word Poet Juwan Gaines new piece "What is Poetry" "What is Poetry", defines spoken word poetry and shows you that poetry is more than ...
- Spoken Word, "A Glossary of West Coast Swing Dance Terminology"
Spotlight Dance Celebration, 2014-15 (New Years)
- "Definition" - Spoken Word Poem Austin Period 5
Created by Olivia Keller and Jessica Seaberry.
- "The Definition" spoken word by Marianne Castillo and Bhenrad Nofuente
- The Explicit Meaning of Christmas (Spoken Word)
Sunday Nights at New Song Church. Amped music. Authentic community. Relevant teaching. Dinner after. Join us Sundays @ 5pm! Get directions here: ...
- Meaning Of Life || Spoken Word
Spoken Word produced and written by Anti Gravity.
- Dialect - Spoken Word
- The Tangible Perspective: The only explanation for creation || Spoken word
- Definition of insanity (Spoken Word Poetry)
By Justin Miller a poem called Definition of insanity.
- Definition (Spoken Word) - Mache
- Winterfest Dialect Spoken Word
- The Meaning Of Marriage - Marriage Advice - Spoken Word Poetry
A poem about marriage Maurice Bishop, a powerful, spoken word Poet currently serving in the United States Army, was raised in South Philly. Witnessing the ...
- NGN Definition of Spoken Word
Northern Griots Network Event Producer, Dwayne Morgan, shares about the summit and the definition of spoken word.
- Spoken Word: The Meaning of Christmas
[Missing from the beginning:] "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen..."
- Language (Black is beautiful) Spoken Word Poem
"Somebody told a lie one day. They couched it in language. They made everything Black ugly and evil. Look in your dictionaries and see the synonyms of the ...
- MIND YOUR LANGUAGE 28th August 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken Word
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE 28th August 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken Word. Watch KTN Live...
- Mind Your Language 11th December 2015 Mastering the art of spoken word
Mind Your Language 11th December 2015 Mastering the art of spoken word. Watch KTN Live...
- MIND YOUR LANGUAGE 4th September 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken Word
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE 4th September 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken Word. Watch KTN Live...
- Mind Your Language 25th September 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken word
Mind Your Language 25th September 2015 Mastering the Art of Spoken word. Watch KTN Live...
- Dictionary Definitions || Spoken Word
- MIND YOUR LANGUAGE: Matering the Art of Spoken Word
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE: Matering the Art of Spoken Word. Watch KTN Live...
- MIND YOU LANGUAGE: Mastering The Art of Spoken Word
MIND YOU LANGUAGE: Mastering The Art of Spoken Word. Watch KTN Live...
- Everyone Smiles In The Same Language (Spoken Word) - Deemus
17. Poet/Musician. London Ont Poem written on March 18, 2012 -2:38am Preformed @ Saunders Secondary School Expresso.
- "Language & Life" spoken word chapel at Warner Pacific College
This video is pt 1 of the "Language & Life" spoken word chapel at Warner Pacific College. Listen (and watch) as Braille, Kori Desimone, Wes Guy and Willie Will ...
- Lyric Tips for Spoken Word Music Performances : Language Devices for Spoken Word Art
Language devices are a great way to add feeling and emotion to your words in a performance. Including rhythm and rhyme, learn several devices from a ...
- Drug Language - Spoken Word
View more videos about The Spoken Word.
See also the pronunciation examples of Spoken word!
Quotes about Spoken word
The written word can be erased - not so with the spoken word.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Spoken word to see it in context!