The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun spree:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun spree
- Definition of the verb spree
- Phrases with Spree
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Spree
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Spree
- Photos about Spree
- Videos about Spree
- Quotes about Spree
- Scrabble value of S1P3R1E1E1
- Anagrams of SPREE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun spree
What does spree mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: sprees
- a brief indulgence of your impulses
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of spree: fling
- more generic words: intemperance / intemperateness / self-indulgence = excess in action and immoderate indulgence of bodily appetites, especially in passion or indulgence
- more specific term: spending spree = a brief period of extravagant spending
Alternative definition of the noun spree
- A merry frolic; especially, a drinking frolic.
- synonym: carousal
- Uninhibited activity.
Definition of the verb spree
What does spree mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: spreed | spreeing | sprees
- engage without restraint in an activity and indulge, as when shopping
The Spree is a river that flows through the Saxony, Brandenburg and Berlin states of Germany, and in the Ústí nad Labem region of the Czech Republic. Approximately 400 kilometres in length, it is a left bank tributary of the River Havel, which itself flows into the Elbe and then the North Sea. It is the river on which the original centre of Berlin was built.
- Spree is a candy manufactured by The Willy Wonka Candy Company, a brand owned by Nestlé. Introduced in 1971, Spree is classified as a compressed dextrose candy, covered in a colored fruit-flavored shell. Depending on the market it is available in rolls or thin food type cardboard boxes. A variation called Chewy Spree is also available in two distinct types: Chewy Spree Original and Chewy Spree Mixed Berry. Chewy Spree boasts a similar size and shape as classic Spree, but with a chewy center. Chewy Spree is available in pouches, rather than rolls.
- Spree a.k.a. Spree Wearables, Inc: Spree Wearables is a company that retails a fitness monitor. The monitor they sell can be worn on a cap or a headband, revolutionizing how we work out. Their product removes the necessity of wearing an uncomfortable chest strap or wrist monitor.
- read more about Spree Wearables, Inc
Spree is a fictional character from the 2000 film Starforce.
"Spree" is a musical album of Air Cushion Finish.
- released in
- "Spree" is a 1967 documentary film written by Syd Field and directed by Walon Green and Mitchell Leisen.
- also known as Las Vegas by Night
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Mitchell Leisen & Walon Green
- producers: Carroll Case & Hal Roach, Jr.
- written by Syd Field
- cinematography by Alan Stensvold
- edited by Edward A. Biery & Roy Livingston
- genre: Documentary film
- released on (47 years ago)
- "Spree" is a 1996 film written and directed by Rustin Thompson. It tells the story of a young woman who falls in love with a drug dealer and the perils that come with it.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Drama
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Spree" a.k.a. "Survival Run" is a 1979 action crime drama film written by Larry Spiegel, G.M. Cahill, and Frederic Shore and directed by Larry Spiegel.
- read more about Survival Run
- "Spree" is a film.
- "Spree" is a 2012 thriller film written by Tommy O'Haver and Kevin Turen. It is also directed by Tommy O'Haver.
Phrases with Spree
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Spree
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Anthony P. Cohen
Perhaps, like some of those other ritual occasions discussed earlier which suspend normality, the spree is a kind of fantasy in which participants harmlessely speculate on what life would be like if it was other than it is! But leaving aside the ...
The Collected White Dwarf (And Gm, and Gmi) Sf Review Columns by David Langford
Despite that, the new Spree is an essential reference and a good read. [But what the hell happened to Cordwainer Smith, a major writer by any standards, who according to Spree is sufficiently well-known to be invoked in a description of ...
An Anglo-Saxon Reader (2013)
by Alfred J. Wyatt
The Spree is a tributary of the ...
by Rachel Boba Santos
A spree is a specific type of series characterized by high frequency of criminal activity within a remarkably short time frame, to the extent that the activity appears almost continuous. • Hot prey refers to a group of crimes committed by one or ...
by James Michael Welsh, Donald M. Whaley
As Stone has said, Mickey and Mallory's killing spree is an expression of the will to power: “Controlling your universe, killing, having that power—all serial killers have talked about that sense of empowerment.” Law enforcement officials in the ...
Reinventing Music Video (2006)
Next-generation Directors, Their Inspiration, and Work by Matt Hanson
Graphic elements offering inspiration Notaro offers the opposite experience: "Tim DeLaughter from Polyphonic Spree is a very visual person, and ...
An Anthology by Knujon Mapson
And receiving a knock on the door from a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses on a recruiting spree is a common experience in many countries around the world. Not that the older Christian denominations can be accused of lagging behind in the ...
by Eric Partridge
spree . A boisterous frolic; a period of riotous enjoyment: Scots dial. >, by 1798, Sessions, coll. Origin problematic; but W.'s provisional identification, via early dial . variant spray, with spreagh, spreath, foray, cattle-raid, ex Gaelic spréidh, cattle, ...
A medical dictionary written by a doctor for doctors by Joseph C Segen
Killing spree, rampage killing Murders occurring at ≥2 locations with almost no time break between them. The category has no real value to law enforcement, given the difficulty in defining "coolingoff period". Serial killing differs in that the ...
Embracing English, American, and Anglo-Indian Slang, Pidgin English, Tinker's Jargon and Other Irregular Phraseology by Albert Barrère, Charles Godfrey Leland
" Spree (Winchester), said of one giving himself airs.
by Michael Newton
A prime example of FBI taxonomy refined to the point of inadvertent chaos, the term spree murder needlessly complicates classification of multiple homicides. According to the Bureau's Crime Classification Manual (1992), there are six kinds of ...
by Sam Riley
Spree. Killers. Even more gruesome than organized crime and its popularity with fans is the public attention lavished on mass murderers. Leading the pack in number of victims, in America, at least, are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Spree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Spree
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Thiane
Photo credit: Philby
Spree ibaian topaturiko seinale baten atzeko partea.
Photo credit: azken_tximinoa
Photo credit: Anonymous Account
Photo credit: kathrin_mezger
Photo credit: Berto Garcia
Photo credit: stachelbeer
Photo credit: conticium
Photo credit: Stefanie Doll || akastefie
Photo credit: christianreimer
Photo credit: abbilder
Photo credit: Manel
- Spree riverside
Photo credit: Miia Sample
- Dreary Spree
Photo credit: illustir
- Spree Berlin
Photo credit: lizbennington
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Spree
Click on an item to play that video:
- Spree Meaning
Video shows what spree means. A merry frolic; especially, a drinking frolic.. Uninhibited activity.. spree synonyms: carousal. spree pronunciation. How to ...
- Spree Meaning
Video shows what Spree means. A particular river that flows through Lusatia (eastern Germany) and into Berlin, where it flows into the Havel.. Spree Meaning.
- [CoM Infinity] Better challenge spree explanation
- [CoM Infinity] Challange spree explanation
- Stackable Bracelets with a Meaning | Alex And Ani | Shop Spree
Charm Bracelets were a thing of the past, but Alex and Ani's Charm Bracelets are a more sophisticated look for your new adult life. Like any charm bracelet, ...
- Deepika's Slang Spree for Ram Leela
- Quick Explanation (IRL Spree)
See also the pronunciation examples of Spree!
Quotes about Spree
Scrabble value of S1P3R1E1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SPREE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Spree!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Spree to see it in context!