Stefan the First-Crowned
Stefan the First-Crowned: Stefan Nemanjić or Stefan the First-Crowned was Grand Prince of Serbia from 1196, and the King of Serbia from 1217 until his death in 1228. He was the first official Serb King, and through his promotion of the Serbian Grand Principality into a kingdom and helping his brother Saint Sava in establishing the Serbian Church, he is regarded one of the most important of the long lasting Nemanjić dynasty.
- also known as Стефан Немањић, Stefan Prvovenčani
- child of Stefan Nemanja and Anastasia of Serbia
- nationality: Serbian Grand Principality
- religion: Serbian Orthodox Church
- parent of
- died on (785 years ago)
- written work: "The Life of Stefan Nemanja"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stefan the First-Crowned
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: