On this page:
- Stephen Graham is an English actor who is best known for his roles as Tommy in the film Snatch, Andrew "Combo" Gascoigne in This Is England as well as its television sequels, This Is England '86 and This Is England '88, Danny Ferguson in Occupation, Billy Bremner in The Damned United, notorious bank robber Baby Face Nelson in Public Enemies, and Scrum in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. From 2010 to 2014, he starred as Al Capone in the HBO series Boardwalk Empire.
- Stephen Graham is an American professional basketball player. Graham's twin brother, Joey, was his college teammate and has also played in the NBA.
- Stephen Graham was a British journalist, travel-writer, essayist and novelist. His best-known books recount his travels around pre-revolutionary Russia and his journey to Jerusalem with a group of Russian Christian pilgrims. Most of his works express his sympathy for the poor, for agricultural labourers and for tramps, and his distaste for industrialisation.
- also known as Грэм, Стивен
- born in (132 years ago)
- died on (40 years ago)
- written works: "Part of the wonderful scene", "Twice round the London clock and More London nights", "African tragedy", "A tramp's sketches", "A modern vanity fair", "Under London", "In quest of El Dorado", "100 best poems in the English language", "Midsummer music", "The moving tent", "A private in the guards", "St. Vitus day", "The death of yesterday", "Through Russian Central Asia", "Russia in 1916", "Summing up on Russia", "Thinking of living?", "Tsar of freedom", "The gentle art of tramping", "Priest of the ideal", "The challenge of the dead", "Europe--whither bound?", "The way of Martha and the way of Mary", "A vagabond in the Caucasus", "The tramp's anthology", "A Tramps's sketches", "The lay confessor", "With poor immigrants to America", "Children of the slaves", "The soul of John Brown", "With the Russian pilgrims to Jerusalem", "A life of Alexander 2, Tsar of Russia", "Great Russian short stories", "Undiscovered Russia", "Alexander of Yugoslavia", "Balkan monastery", "The dividing line of Europe", "Changing Russia", "The quest of the face"
- Stephen Graham is a theatrical producer.
- profession: Theatrical producer
- some of the nominations and awards:
- Stephen Graham is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Stephen Graham (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Stephen Graham
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Imagining Cities (1997)
Scripts, Signs, Memory by Sallie Westwood, John M. Williams
Stephen Graham is a researcher at the Centre for Urban Technology, Department of Town and Country Planning, University of Newcastle-upon- Tyne. Tim HalJ is lecturer in Human Geographv in the Department of Geography and Geology, ...
by Richard Aldous
Stephen Graham is a warm and gracious presence both in college and around the Aldous family dinner table. Simon Ball has been a constant source of ideas, provocation, and amusement for more than twenty years since we met at ...
The Global Cities Reader (2006)
by Neil Brenner, Roger Keil
Editors' introduction • Stephen Graham is a pioneering scholar of late twentieth and early twenty-first century urbanism. Throughout much of the 1990s, Graham worked in the Urban Planning Department at the University of Newcastle, where ...
The Cybercities Reader (2004)
by Stephen Graham
Stephen Graham is a Professor in the Global Urban Research Unit (GURU) at Newcastle University's School of Architecture. Planning and Landscape in the UK . Keith Hampton is Assistant Professor in MlT's Department of Urban Studies and ...
by Noel Castree, Alisdair Rogers, Rob Kitchin
The term was coined by British geog- rapher Stephen Graham in response to the war on Iraq as well as actions undertaken by the Israeli government in the Palestinian territories. Graham noted the increasing significance of, on the one hand, ...
by David Goldfield
Stephen Graham, one of the leading scholars in the new subdiscipline of urban ICT studies, suggested in 2004 that the concept of cybercities conveys the nature of the closely entwined relationships between the Internet and urban areas.
by NA NA
government intervention: rational choice and political science government loan guarantees: options government property rights: property rights gradient effects: health economics GRADX algorithm: Goldfeld, Stephen Graham, F. D.; Graham, ...
A Political, Social, and Military History
References Carroll, Stephen Graham. Thomas Corwin and the Agonies ofthe Whig Party. Boulder: University of Colorado Press, 1970. Morrow, Josiah, ed. Life and Speeches of Thomas Corwin: Orator, Lawyer, and Statesman. Cincinnati, OH : ...
A 12-Volume Set
Therehas been a blossoming oftheoretical, empirical, and applied research overthe last decade, leading atleast one writer, Stephen Graham, to call fora distinct subdiscipline called'urban ICT studies'. As noted already, it was not thatlong ago ...
Encyclopedia of Sports Films (2010)
by K Edgington, Thomas Erskine, James M. Welsh
An unnecessarily rough tackle early in the contest injured Derby's best player, and Leeds's captain, Billy Bremner (Stephen Graham), has “taken a dive,” faked being tripped, to draw a penalty shot. Brian vows revenge. Peter reminds him that ...
by Peter Dendle
Cast: Danny Dyer, Stephen Graham, Noel Clarke, Emil Marwa, Lee Ingleby, Keith-Lee Castle, Christina Cole, Terry Stone, Neil Maskell, Emily Booth, Victoria Hopkins. IMDb.
by Vincent Terrace
Stephen Graham (Al Capone); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stephen Graham
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Stephen Graham
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Stephen Graham
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'stephen graham"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Stephen Graham to see it in context!