On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Stewpot
What does Stewpot mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: stewpots
- A pot used for making stew, usually large and heavy
- [arts, literature] A jumble, especially one that lacks intellectual coherence
- Stewpot a.k.a. Stuart Murdoch: Stuart Lee Murdoch is a Scottish musician, and the lead singer and songwriter for the indie pop band Belle & Sebastian. The majority of his childhood was spent a stone's throw from the birthplace of Robert Burns in Alloway, Ayr until he left school and attended university in Glasgow.
- read more about Stuart Murdoch
- Stewpot a.k.a. Ed Stewart: Ed "Stewpot" Stewart is a British broadcaster. He is principally known for his work as a DJ on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2 and as a presenter for Top of the Pops and Crackerjack on BBC Television.
- read more about Ed Stewart (actor)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Stewpot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mary Eaton
BRISKET OF BEEF, if intended to be stewed, should have that part of it put into a stewpot which has the hard fat upon it, with a small quantity of water. Let it boil up , and skim it well; then add carrots, turnips, onions, celery, and a few pepper ...
An Encyclopedia of American Folklore (3 Volumes) by Christopher R. Fee, Jeffrey B. Webb
Sometimes the creature's tail is described as slimy or disgusting, but it goes in the stewpot nevertheless since the family is on the brink of starvation. The desperate situation of the Appalachian dweller on the brink of starvation leading to the ...
by Cassell, ltd
peppercorns, an onion, a large bit of bread, and three quarts of water into a stewpot that covers close, and simmer in the slowest manner after it has boiled up and been skimmed; or bake it; strain, and take off the fat. Salt as wanted- It will ...
Including All the Words in Common Use Defined So that They Can be Easily Understood by William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
a stewpot; a large shell. [Fk.J mau-vals gout (mo'vG'goo'), bad taste.
by Samuel Johnson
Slice, and fry gently in some good butter, three or four large onions, and, when they are of a fine equal amber colour iift them out with a slice and put them into a deep stewpot, or large thick saucepan; throw a little more butter into the pan, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stewpot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Stewpot
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Stewpot
Video shows what stewpot means. A pot used for making stew, usually large and heavy. A jumble, especially one that lacks intellectual coherence. Stewpot ...
Scrabble value of S1T1E1W4P3O1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of STEWPOT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Stewpot!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Stewpot to see it in context!