On this page:
Definition of the noun Stoner rock
What does Stoner rock mean as a name of something?
- A slow-to-mid tempo subgenre of heavy metal.
- Stoner rock or stoner metal is a musical subgenre which combines elements of traditional heavy metal, psychedelic rock, blues rock, acid rock, and doom metal. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo and features a heavily distorted, groove laden bass-heavy sound, melodic vocals, and "retro" production. The genre emerged during the early 1990s and was pioneered foremost by the Californian bands Kyuss and Sleep.
- "Stoner Rock" is a musical album of Bong.
- released on
- "Stoner Rock" is a musical EP of Tetris Nightmare.
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Stoner rock
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia of Dead Rock Stars. Heroin, Handguns, and Ham Sandwiches (2008)
Scott Williams (James Scott Williams – New Orleans, Louisiana, 1965) Soilent Green (New Religion) Incorporating a variety of styles including black/death metal, speed, thrash and stoner rock, Soilent Green – described by Rolling Stone as ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Stoner rock
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Stoner rock
Click on an item to view that photo:
Stoner Rock Gigs are just too dark to capture.
PX680 Polaroid Impulse SE
Photo credit: Tobias Ritter
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos: