On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun sukarno
What does sukarno mean as a name of something?
- Indonesian statesman who obtained the independence of Indonesia from the Netherlands in 1949 and served as president until ousted by Suharto in a coup d'etat (1901-1970)
- Sukarno, was the first President of Indonesia.
- also known as Achmad Sukarno, Soekarno, Kusno Sosrodihardjo, Dr. Ahmed Sukarno, Bung Karno, Pak Karno
- born on (114 years ago) in Surabaya, child of Raden Soekemi Sosrodihardjo and Ida Ayu Nyoman Rai
- ethnicity: Javanese people, Balinese people
- nationality: Indonesia
- religion: Islam, Sunni Islam
- education: Bandung Institute of Technology
- profession: Politician, architect
- Marriage with Fatmawati between and (12 years)
- Marriage with Inggit Garnasih between and (19 years)
- Marriage with Heldy Djafar between and (3 years)
- Marriage with Kartini Manoppo between and (9 years)
- Marriage with Hartini between and (16 years)
- Marriage with Yurike Sanger between and (4 years)
- Marriage with Haryati between and (3 years)
- Marriage with Amelia de la Rama Braly between and (6 years)
- Marriage with Dewi Sukarno between and (8 years)
- Marriage with Siti Oetari between and (3 years)
- parent of
- died on (45 years ago) in Jakarta
- buried in Makam Soekarno
- written works: "Indonesia accuses!", "Nationalism, Islam, and Marxism", "Toward freedom and the dignity of man"
- some of the awards:
- Lenin Peace Prize (for Strengthening Peace Among Peoples)
- Philippine Legion of Honor
- Sukarno is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Sukarno (actor)
Sukarno: Soekarno is a fictional character from the 2013 film Soekarno: Indonesia Merdeka.
- also known as President Sukarno, Soekarno
- in films:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Sukarno
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Nation In Waiting (1999)
Indonesia's Search For Stability by Adam Schwarz
Sukarno is a hero to some and a bumbling mega» lomaniac to others. Soeharto stirs different responses, ranging from respect and admiration to fear and antipathy. It is difficult to get beyond anecdotal evidence as the curbing of civilian politics ...
by James Ciment
̄ On March 14, 1957, with regional revolts breaking out across the country, Sukarno, supported by the military and the PKI, proclaimed martial law and an end of parliamentary democracy. In practice, guided democracy was a poor substitute ...
by James Stuart Olson, Robert Shadle
Sukarno founded a Bandung Study Club in 1926, and the Indonesian Nationalist Party the next year. Sarekat Islam had dissipated, and the fledgling communist party had gone underground. The way was open for an eclectic nationalism with ...
by Glenn P. Hastedt
President Sukarno was a leader in the nonaligned movement and hosted its first summit conference in Bandung in 1955.
by Gary L. Anderson, Kathryn G. Herr
led by Sukarno, who called for complete independence. In response, in the 1930s the Dutch ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Sukarno
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Sukarno
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of S1U1K5A1R1N1O1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine