Definition of the noun SuSu
What does SuSu mean as a name of something?
Who is SuSu?
SuSu a.k.a. Susan Tyrrell, was an American actress who appeared in dozens of film, stage and television productions over a forty-year career. Her performance as Oma in John Huston's Fat City earned her a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In 1978, Tyrrell received the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Andy Warhol's Bad. Consisting of nearly 80 film and television credits, her work includes Forbidden Zone, Tales of Ordinary Madness, Night Warning, Angel and its sequel, Avenging Angel and Cry-Baby.
- read more about Susan Tyrrell (actress)
Susu is a musical group.
suSU is a record label.
- Susu is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Laser Man.
- Susu is a fictional character from the 1954 film The Adventures of Hajji Baba.
- Susu is a fictional character from the 1955 film Blood Alley.
- Susu is a fictional character from the 1991 film Uncaged.
- Susu a.k.a. Susú is a fictional character from the 2009 film Paco.
- Susu a.k.a. Suresh Sudhakar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Bumboo.
- read more about Suresh Sudhakar
- Susu a.k.a. The Susu language is the language of the Susu or Soso people of Guinea and Sierra Leone, West Africa. It is in the Mande language family.
- read more about Susu Language
- Susu is an informal means of collecting and saving money through a savings club or partnership as practiced in the Caribbean and is usually taking turns by throwing hand as the partners call it, where they pay a specific amount of money in one hand when it is collected they pay it to a person and each month every person in the group will collect a sum of money until the next time when another su-su is thrown. Immigrants to the United States from that area. The concept of a susu is used throughout the world and has over 200 different names that vary from country to country. The name may come from the West African Yoruba or Igbo word esusu or isusu which is translated as a pooling the funds. The funds are generally gathered with a set amount contributed from family or friends each week.
Phrases with SuSu
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for SuSu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Royal Society of New Zealand
Susu is the Hawaiian hu, to come, to heave in sight, ...
by United States. Hydrographic Office
Pangkalan Susu is the small settlement situated about 3| miles above that on the southern end of Sembilan Island. The shipment of petroleum and benzine is now done from here by tank vessels loaded from lighters. Besitan River discharges ...
Deep Roots (2008)
Rice Farmers in West Africa and the African Diaspora by Edda L. Fields-Black
Today, throughout the Rio Nunez region, Susu is the lingua franca, particularly in urban centers such as Conakry, Kamsar, and Boké. Most coastal dwellers who have spent a portion ...
The Korea Review (1902)
The generic word susu is a mimetic word supposed to resemble the rustling sound of the grain when it is poured out. Of these three kinds the dry sorghum and the "corpse" sorghum are indigenous while the glutinous sorghum came in from ...
Susu is the Hawaiian hu, to come, to heave in sight, ...
Marketing Management (2013)
A Cultural Perspective by Lisa Penaloza, Nil Toulouse, Luca Massimiliano Visconti
system and worked with the Ghana Susu Collectors Association tobenefit all parties involved. Susu is a centuries-old traditional system inmany African countries in which collectors pickup savingsfrom participating households and individuals.
by Joel F. Mann
Susu: Susu is an African language spoken in Mali, ...
The susu is a non-gregarious animal and it is only very rarely that 2 or more are sighted Distance from estuary ' Locality Number of sightings Number of THE GANGETIC SUSU AND THE INDUS SUSU. Month October November December ...
by Thomas O'Toole, Janice E. Baker
SUSU (also spelled Sosso or Sousou). A Maude-speaking people whose culture has gradually supplanted those of other ethnic groups in the coastal areas of Guinea in the past 300 years.
by Richard Allsopp, Jeannette Allsopp
susu (sou-sou) n (ECar) || asu(e) (Baha) || box (Guyn) \\tneeting (Bdos) \\pardner (Jmca ) ]\ syndicate (Belz) A friendly co-operative savings scheme in wh each one of a ...
by The Diagram Group,
Surma see Suri Susu The Susu,orSoso,area Manding (q.v.) people of West Africa . The Susu language is aMande (q.v.) language, which ispartof the NigerCongo subfamily of African languages. It is the common tongue used bythemany ethnic ...
by Jonathan Rigg
' Susu, the breast. The nipples on the breast ...
by Murray Wrobel
Ganges Dolphin; Ganges River Dolphin; Gangetic Dolphin; Blind Dolphin; Susu; Indian River Dolphin; South Asian River Dolphin; Ganges Susu d Ganges- Delfin; Südasiatischer Flussdelfin; Ganges-Susu f Dauphin d'eau douce du Gange; ...
by W. F. Perrin, Bernd G. Würsig, J. G. M. Thewissen
A susu surfaces in the Ganges river system of India, bringing its long, slender beak out of the water. PHOTO: J. GOOLD o Q w E 4 o o CD Botos are. A close-up of the head of a young Indus bhulan. Note the forceps-like beak with long teeth, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for SuSu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about SuSu
Roasted Pork with Ice Kopi Susu
Photo credit: Andrew Abogado
Video language resources about SuSu
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of microcredit and Susu in Ghana
Director of microfinance at Baobab Thrift and Susu explained how microcredit worked for women who get loans from their organization and how they benefit from the credit and weekly meetings....
- "Run-Away" Susu Money Collectors in Ghana
Many poor people in Ghana, particularly market women, do not have access to the formal banking system and therefore depend on Susu for their daily savings through a Susu money collector.
- Susu Klepto
Iklan Tugas Sekolah.
- Bona Susu Cam
From the perspective of a bottle of milk via the GoPro camera. Here is Bona guzzling 1.5 litres of milk in a matter of seconds.
- Smart Naco Susu Kolostrum IgG Plus Fortico
Khasiat Susu Kolostrum IgG-Plus Menjaga Kesihatan Sambil Menaja Pendapatan LuarBiasa Untuk Tempahan atau Bersama Menjana Income Boleh Hubungi Fendy 017-2411696 ...
- Integrative Nutrition Student Transformation | Susu
See also the pronunciation examples of SuSu!
Scrabble value of S1U1S1U1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of SUSU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of SuSu!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of SuSu to find many related words and phrases!