On this page:
- Phrases with Taiwan
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Taiwan
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Taiwan
- Photos about Taiwan
- Videos about Taiwan
- Sign language
- Quotes about Taiwan
- Scrabble value of T1A1I1W4A1N1
- Anagrams of TAIWAN
- Share this page
- Taiwan, officially the Republic of China, is a sovereign state in East Asia. The Republic of China, originally based in mainland China, now governs the island of Taiwan, which makes up over 99% of its territory, as well as Penghu, Kinmen, Matsu, and other minor islands. Neighboring states include the People's Republic of China to the west, Japan to the east and northeast, and the Philippines to the south. Taipei is the seat of the central government. New Taipei, encompassing the metropolitan area surrounding Taipei proper, is the most populous city.
- also known as Taiwan, Republic of China; Chinese Taipei; ROC; China; Nationalist China; Republic of China
- founded on (104 years ago)
- part of Asia, Eurasia, East Sear, South China Sea
- instance of: island = a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water
- read more about Taiwan (country)
- Taiwan, also known, especially in the past, as Formosa, is an island or island group in the western Pacific Ocean located off the southeast coast of mainland China. The main island has constituted over 99% of the territory controlled by the Republic of China after its defeat during the Chinese Civil War in 1950, and the country is now commonly known as "Taiwan". (See also Names of the Republic of China.
- Taiwan a.k.a. Taiwan Province is one of the two administrative divisions of the Republic of China that are officially referred to as "provinces". The province covers approximately 73% of the territory of the ROC, with around 40% of the total population.
- read more about Taiwan Province
- Taiwan a.k.a. Taiwan Province, People's Republic of China: "Taiwan Province, People's Republic of China" is, according to the law of the People's Republic of China, the correct designation for the territory that was first proclaimed to be “Taiwan Province” in 1885, during the Qing Dynasty.
- read more about Taiwan Province, People's Republic of China
There are other places with in their name, like Taiwan Strait, Taiwan Confucian Temple, National Taiwan University, 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan, National Museum of Taiwan History, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan Park & Dai-Nippon Causeway, National Taiwan University of Arts, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Museum of Taiwan Literature.
Taiwan is a fictional character from a 1997 Thai TV series, Niramit.
- "Taiwan" is a book by Hailin Zheng.
- also known as "Taiwan: sovereignty reinterpreted: the relations across the Taiwan strait from the perspective of international law"
- "Taiwan" is a book by Wei-chin Lee.
- "Taiwan" is a book by Linda K. Colding.
- also known as "Taiwan: selected reference"
- "Taiwan" is a book by Alan Wachman.
- also known as "Taiwan: national identity and democratization"
- "Taiwan" is a book by Anton Gälli.
- also known as "Taiwan: economic facts and trends"
There are many other writings with this title.
Phrases with Taiwan
Phrases starting with the word Taiwan:
- Taiwan Vole
- Taiwan Kudzu
- Taiwan Serow
- taiwan dollar
- Taiwan Yuhina
- Taiwan Barwing
- Taiwan Macaque
- Taiwan Angelfish
- Taiwan Partridge
- Taiwan Angelshark
- Taiwan Sardinella
- Taiwan Blue Magpie
- Taiwan Gulper Shark
- Taiwan Big-Eared Bat
Phrases ending with the word Taiwan:
Other phrase containing the word Taiwan:
View more phrases with the word Taiwan in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Taiwan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin L. Lasater, Peter Kien-hong Yu
Taiwan is a critical indicator of whether China will be a cooperative partner or foe of the United States in the twenty-first century.
Taiwan is an approximate model of what the United States hopes one day all of China will become - a market ...
by International Business Publications, USA.
Surrounded by sea, Taiwan is an archetypal “maritime nation.” Located at the junction of the South China Sea, western Pacific Ocean, and East China Sea, Taiwan is a key link in the “first island chain.
Culture Shock! Taiwan (2008)
by Chris Bates, Ling-Li Bates
Taiwan is a place of contradictions begging to be explored, enjoyed, and contemplated. Few locations so small can boast snow-peaked mountains, bountiful plains and tropical beaches, all within a few hours' drive of each other. Culturally, it is ...
Parliamentary Debates (1975)
by New Zealand. Parliament. House of Representatives
The fundamental issue is which Government is in legal control of China of which Taiwan is a part. The New...
The Unofficial Diplomat (2009)
A Memoir by Joanne Grady Huskey
Taiwan is a hybrid of traditional Chinese culture, colonial Japanese culture, and cu ing-edge high-tech Asia. Because it was a colony of Japan for fi y years until 1945, many vestiges of Japanese culture are still visible throughout the island.
by Irving Epstein
NATIONAL PROFILE Demographics Taiwan is located in Eastern Asia, off the southeastern coast of China, south of Japan and north of the ...
Volume 51 - Supplement 14: Automation of Library and Information Services in China: II. Taiwan to Thesaurus Management Software by Allen Kent
Taiwan to Thesaurus Management Software Allen Kent. FIGURE 13. (Continued) gradually replaced by relatively inexpensive and reliable OPAC workstations for patrons' use. Still, it is possible that cards are needed for a branch library which ...
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
TAIWAN. In 1962, the Republic of China government in Taipei authorized a series of U-2 overflights of the mainland in an effort to monitor the progress of the atomic weapons program of the People's Republic of China. Sponsored by the ...
by Robert G. Sutter
In early 1950, Acheson articulated an assessment of US strategic interests in East Asia in the wake of the Communist victory in China that notably excluded Taiwan, Chiang Kai-shek's last redoubt, and Korea. The Truman government reversed ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Taiwan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Taiwan
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Taiwan
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Meaning of Tea - Taiwan clip
- Taiwan Meaning
Video shows what Taiwan means. Common name for a country in East Asia. Official name: Republic of China, Its de facto capital is Taipei.. An island off the ...
- Taiwan Strait Atlas: Manual for a Smart Region - detailed explanation of the book
- CTV NEWS - LPM Wants Explanation about Embassy in Taiwan
- Taiwan Mission May 1 Idiom Challenge vid
- Taiwan STM 2011 - NanHaiLu - Phoebe Teaching Vocabulary
- Taiwan Strait Atlas: Manual for a Smart Region - detailed explanation of the book
- Fish market explanation, Taiwan
1. The boat goes out to sea and brings the fish back to the stall. 2. You choose your fish at the stall and they kill it at the cubbyhole at the end of the stall. 3.
- Taiwan Strait Meaning
Video shows what Taiwan Strait means. the channel of water between mainland China and Taiwan which is part of the South China Sea and connects to East ...
- Taiwan Mission May 8 Idiom 2 vid
- The Truth About ESL Teacher Recruiters in Korea, China & Taiwan
ESL Recruiters - About ESL Teaching Recruiters in Asia...
- Taiwan ESL Science Fair
Season Arts School ESL Grade 3 & 4 ESL students Science Fair. Taichung, Taiwan. June 2012 Music: "The Sidewinder" by Lee Morgan.
- HESS Taiwan (2013) - ESL Classes (Long Version)
- Taiwan Language Exchange Partner - Taiwan Friend Finder
- MoeDict -- A dictionary including all the languages that Taiwan people speaks.
Taiwan is one of the few places that is still using Traditional Chinese as it's official language. The Ministry of Education has a duty to preserve it. But the online ...
- ICYE Taiwan! Language Camp 2011
2011.07.31-08.13 ICYE Language camp @ Tainan, TAIWAN.
- Taiwan language
(chinese language Taiwanese version)
- Taiwan ESL Teacher introduction
This is an example of an introduction video introducing myself to the educationsl community in Taiwan.
- Taiwan ESL Class -- Klein (subtitled)
Neal Klein teaching dialog to 3rd graders at Sigang Elementary School, Tainan, Taiwan.
- Learn Taiwan language
Try to say eye with taiwane.
- Language spoken in Taiwan
9952109 Shelly 9952110 Nicole 9952112 Vicky.
- ESL Jobs in Taiwan
- Taiwan, China joint dictionary
Instant noodles are called "pao mian" or "submerged noodles" in Taiwan. But in China, they are called "fang bian men" or "convenient noodles." Computer ...
- Language Exchange Partner in Taiwan Taiwanese Online
- Semiconductor Process Chemistry - Technic Semicon Taiwan 2013 video - English Language
Technic Elevate Chemistry for Semiconductor Manufacturing - Video featured at Semicon Taiwan in 2013 - Semiconductor Chemistry, Equipment and Controls ...
- EFL: Experiential Learning in Taiwan schools
- The Concept (Taiwan/Vietnam ESL mix)
'The Concept' (copyright Teenage Fanclub), one of the Teenage Fanclub's great songs, sung & performed here by students from Taiwan & Vietnam attending an ...
View more videos about New Taiwan dollar.
See also the pronunciation examples of Taiwan!
Sign Language for Cities of Taiwan
Sign Language for Cities of Taiwan.
Quotes about Taiwan
As Taiwan's friend and ally, I believe it is important for the United States to monitor the situation in the Taiwan Strait very carefully to help ensure Taiwan is not forced into a position which would endanger its freedom or its democracy. (Jim Costa)
more quotes about taiwan...
Scrabble value of T1A1I1W4A1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine