The Donovan Affair
On this page:
"The Donovan Affair" is a 1929 comedic murder-mystery film directed by Frank Capra. It was produced by Harry Cohn for Columbia Pictures. Its original soundtrack, recorded on transcription discs, has been lost, although it has been recreated for live performances.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Harry Cohn
- art direction by Harrison Wiley
- written by Howard J. Green & Dorothy Howell
- based on a story by Owen Davis
- Dorothy Revier as Jean Rankin
- William Collier Jr. as Cornish
- Jack Holt as Insp. Killian
- Agnes Ayres as Lydia Rankin
- John Roche as Jack Donovan
- Fred Kelsey as Carney
- Hank Mann as Dr. Lindsey
- Wheeler Oakman as Porter
- Virginia Brown Faire as Mary Mills
- Alphonse Ethier as Capt. Peter Rankin
- Guy Edward Hearn as Nelson
- Ethel Wales as Mrs. Lindsey
- John Wallace as Dobbs
- Allan Cavan as Gambler #1
- Sherry Hall as Gambler #2
- cinematography by Ted Tetzlaff
- edited by Arthur Roberts
- genres: Mystery, Comedy, Adventure Film, Romance Film, Action Film, Crime Fiction
- released on (85 years ago)
"The Donovan affair" is a book by Owen Davis.
- also known as "The Donovan affair; a play in three acts"
The Donovan Affair is a theater production.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Donovan Affair
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
1895-1930 by Denise Lowe
Poor Girls; The TheDropKick; TheTigress; TheWarning; TheSiren 1928 The Red Dance; Bewareof Blondes; Sinners Parade; Submarine 1929 The Iron Mask; The Quitter; The Donovan Affair; Father and Son; The Dance of Life; Light Fingers ; ...
by Geoff Mayer
followed by Columbia's first all-talking film The Donovan Affair ( 198) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Donovan Affair
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: