The Imitation Game
is an acrostic for tig.
On this page:
"The Imitation Game" is a 2014 British-American historical thriller film about British mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and pioneering computer scientist Alan Turing, a key figure in cracking Nazi Germany's Enigma code that helped the Allies win the Second World War, only to later be criminally prosecuted for his homosexuality. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Turing and is directed by Morten Tyldum with a screenplay by Graham Moore, based on the biography Alan Turing: The Enigma by Andrew Hodges.
- also known as Поддельная игра, 模仿游戏
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Teddy Schwarzman, Nora Grossman, Ido Ostrowsky
- executive producer: Graham Moore
- production design by Maria Djurkovic
- art direction by Nick Dent, Rebecca Milton, Marco Anton Restivo
- written by Graham Moore
- based on "Alan Turing" by Andrew Hodges
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing
- Keira Knightley as Joan Clarke
- Matthew Goode as Hugh Alexander
- Mark Strong as Stewart Menzies
- Tuppence Middleton as Helen
- Charles Dance as Commander Denniston
- Allen Leech as John Cairncross
- Rory Kinnear as Nock
- Tom Goodman-Hill as Sergeant Staehl
- Ancuta Brehban as Wren
- Matthew Beard as Peter Hilton
- Lee Asquith-Coe as MI6 Agent
- Victoria Wicks as Joan's Mother
- James Northcote as Jack Good
- David G. Robinson as Police Sergeant White
- casting by Nina Gold
- cinematography by Óscar Faura
- edited by William Goldenberg
- music by Alexandre Desplat
- costume design by Sammy Sheldon
- genres: Biographical film, Thriller, Drama
- subject: Alan Turing
- released on
- official website: theimitationgamemovie.com
"The Imitation Game" is a book by Ian McEwan.
- also known as "The Imitation Game (Picador Books)", "The imitation game and other plays"
- subjects: England, Drama
"The Imitation Game" is a musical album of Alexandre Desplat.
- released on
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Imitation Game
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Harold L. Miller, Jr.
The imitation game isolates the human user (the interrogator) from the computer and another human. Either may answer the interrogator's questions and any question can be asked. After the session concludes, the interrogator is asked ...
by Khosrow-Pour, D.B.A., Mehdi
We contend the imitation game is a widely applicable method to compare machine performance against a human's.
by Alan Burton
The Imitation Game starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the wartime code-breaker Alan Turing is a critical and commercial success. The historical spy serial The Game, set in 1972, premieres on BBC America and is broadcast in the United ...
by Robert Jean Campbell
The Imitation Game, or the Turing Test, asserts that the existence of “thinking” is solely a matter of producing convincing responses to more or less arbitrary stimuli. Any “black box” that does a convincing job of imitating a human being in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Imitation Game
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about The Imitation Game
Click on an item to view that photo: