On this page:
- The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop is the 1.79-mile long circuit of elevated railroad that forms the hub of the Chicago 'L' rapid transit system in Chicago, Illinois. As of 2012, the branch has served 74,651 passengers every weekday. The Loop is so named because the railroad loops around a rectangle formed by Lake Street, Wabash Avenue, Van Buren Street, and Wells Street. The railroad loop has given its name to Chicago's downtown, which is known as the Loop. Numerous accounts assert that the use of this term predates the elevated railroad, deriving from the multiple cable car turntables, or loops, that terminated in the district, and especially those of two lines that shared a loop, constructed in 1882, bounded by Madison, Wabash, State, and Lake. However, transportation historian Bruce Moffat has concluded that "The Loop" was not used as a proper noun until after Charles Yerkes' 1895–97 construction of the elevated structure.
- The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop is a strip mall in Methuen, Massachusetts that was built on the former site of the Methuen Mall. It contains a Loews Cineplex owned and operated by AMC Theaters.
- The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop, Kissimmee, Florida is an outdoor mall located at the corner of John Young Parkway and Osceola Parkway. It is split into two sections: Loop West and Loop East. There is a Regal Entertainment Group movie theater, JCPenney, Books a Million, several more stores, and restaurants also, including a Chili's and Wendy's.
The Loop! is a German techno musical group and production team. The group features members of the group Scooter.
- genre: Techno
- "The Loop!" a.k.a. "The Loop" is a musical single of Jacob Moon.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "The Loop!" a.k.a. "The Loop" is a musical EP of Chill Bump.
- released on
- "The Loop!" a.k.a. "The Loop" is a composition.
- music by Esa Pulliainen
"The Loop!" a.k.a. "The Loop" is a book by Nicholas Evans.
- also known as loop
- genre: Fiction
- subjects: Montana, Wildlife
- released in (18 years ago)
The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop is an American sitcom that ran from March 15, 2006 to July 1, 2007 on Fox. The show starred Bret Harrison as Sam Sullivan, a young professional trying to balance the needs of his social life with the pressures of working at the corporate headquarters of TransAlliance Airways, a major U.S. airline. Set in the city of Chicago, whose downtown loop area acted as the setting for most of the show. The show's theme song is "Hockey Monkey" by James Kochalka Superstar and the Zambonis.
- begun on and completed on (8 years ago)
- 17 episodes of 30 or 23 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by Will Gluck
- regular cast:
- genres: Sitcom, Satire, Improvisational theatre, Comedy
- award: - Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film nomination for Philip Baker Hall
- The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop is an Australian music show that airs on Eleven each Saturday from 9am to 11.30am and is hosted by Scott Tweedie and Ash London. It premiered on 28 January 2012.
- begun on
- country: Australia
- The Loop! a.k.a. The Loop is the seventh album led by American jazz vibraphonist Johnny Lytle which was recorded in 1965 for the Tuba label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (51 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Loop!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about The Loop!
Anagrams of THE LOOP!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of The Loop!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of The Loop! to see it in context!