The Man They Could Not Hang
On this page:
- "The Man They Could Not Hang" is a low-budget horror film produced by Columbia Pictures, directed by Nick Grinde, and starring Boris Karloff as Dr. Henryk Savaard. The supporting cast features Lorna Gray and Ann Doran.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Roy William Neill & Nick Grinde
- Boris Karloff as Dr. Henryk Savaard
- Lorna Gray as Janet Savaard
- Robert Wilcox as 'Scoop' Foley
- Roger Pryor as District Attorney Drake
- Don Beddoe as Police Lt. Shane
- Ann Doran as Betty Crawford
- Joe De Stefani as Dr. Stoddard
- Charles Trowbridge as Judge Bowman
- Byron Foulger as Lang
- Dick Curtis as Jury Foreman Clifford Kearney
- James Craig as Juror Watkins
- John Tyrrell as Juror Sutton
- George Anderson as Prison Warden
- Sam Ash as Druggist
- Stanley Blystone as Prison Guard
- Harlan Briggs as Defense Attorney Parker
- Stanley Brown as Bob Roberts
- Flo Campbell as Housewife
- John Dilson as King - City Editor
- Carl Faulkner as Bailiff #1
- Chuck Hamilton as Juror #2
- Frank Jaquet as Cigar-Smoking Fat Juror
- Kenner G. Kemp as Reporter #3
- William Lally as Bailiff #2
- Perc Launders as Bailiff #3
- Larry Lund as Court Clerk
- Ian Maclaren as Priest
- Charles McAvoy as Prison Official
- Charles F. Miller as Dr. Avery - Juror
- Bert Moorhouse as Reporter #1
- Franklin Parker as Second Reporter
- Tom Quinn as Reporter #2
- Bob Reeves as Juror #1
- Walter Sande as Reporter at Typewriter
- Robert Sterling as First Reporter
- Edward Thomas as Butler
- Cyril Thornton as Senior Butler
- cinematography by Benjamin H. Kline
- edited by William Lyon
- genres: Black-and-white, Horror
- Weird! Horrifying! Fascinating!
- Boris Karloff dares you to see this holocaust of horror!
- Boris Karloff..master monster of filmdom...terrifying as a doctor-turned-demon in a holocaust of...
- released in (77 years ago)
- "The Man They Could Not Hang" is a 1934 Australian film directed by Raymond Longford about the life of John Babbacombe Lee, whose story had been filmed previously in 1912 and 1921.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Man They Could Not Hang
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Roger Cooter
The 1939 Columbia Pictures film, The Man They Could Not Hang; starring Boris Karloff as Dr. Savaard, ...
by Geoff Mayer
Raymond Longford's The Man They Could Not Hang (1934), the story of John Lee, a convicted murderer for whom the gallows failed to open, and Bush Christmas (1947), a family film involving three comic villains pursued into the bush by ...
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
Hayes Hunter, from a novel by Edgar Wallace Standard thriller: Scientist's "eavesdrop wireless" exposes crime The Man They Could Not Hang 7939, (USA), Col. b&w. 65 mins.
Completely Updated and Expanded by David Thomson
The Man They Could Not Hang (39, Nick Grinde); Son of Frankenstein (39, Rowland V. Lee); The Tower of London ( 39, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Man They Could Not Hang
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: