On this page:
- The Tribe is a New Zealand/British post-apocalyptic fictional TV series primarily aimed at teenagers. It is set in a near-future in which all adults have been wiped out by a deadly virus, leaving the children of the world to fend for themselves. The show's focus is on an unnamed city inhabited by tribes of children and teenagers. It was primarily filmed in and around Wellington, New Zealand.
- begun on and completed on (12 years ago)
- 260 episodes of 25 or 30 minutes each
- countries: New Zealand, United Kingdom, Australia
- created by Raymond Thompson
- regular cast:
- Michelle Ang
- Meryl Cassie
- Antonia Prebble
- Nick Miller
- Tom Hern
- Caleb Ross
- Michael Wesley-Smith
- Dwayne Cameron
- Victoria Spence
- Vanessa Stacey
- Ashwath Sundarasen
- Vicky Rodewyk
- James Napier Robertson
- Sarah Major
- Beth Allen
- Ryan Runciman
- Jaimee Kaire-Gataulu
- Jennyfer Jewell
- Laura Wilson
- Elizabeth Allen
- Joseph Crawford
- Fleur Saville
- Lucas Hayward
- Ella Wilks
- Amy Morrison
- Jacinta Wawatai
- Jacob Tomuri
- Beth Chote
- Damon Andrews
- Matt Robinson
- Monique Cassie
- Megan Alatini
- genres: Teen drama, Science Fiction, Children's television series, Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction, Drama
- official website: www.tribeworld.com
- "The Tribe" is a 2014 Ukrainian drama film directed by Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy. Starring Grigory Fesenko, Yana Novikova and Rosa Babiy. The film is set in a boarding school for deaf children, where a new arrival is drawn into an institutional system of organised crime, involving robbery and prostitution. He crosses a dangerous line when he falls for one of the girls to whom he's assigned as pimp. The film is entirely in sign language with no subtitles. It won the Nespresso Grand Prize, as well as the France 4 Visionary Award and the Gan Foundation Support for Distribution Award at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival's International Critics' Week section.
- also known as Plemya
- countries: Ukraine, Netherlands
- languages: Russian Sign Language, Ukrainian Sign Language
- producers: Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy, Valentyn Vasyanovych, Iya Myslytska & Elena Slaboshpytskaya
- production design by Vlad Odudenko
- written by Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy
- cinematography by Valentyn Vasyanovych
- edited by Valentyn Vasyanovych
- costume design by Alena Gres
- genres: Drama, Crime, Coming-of-age story
- released on
- official website: www.alphaviolet.com/the-tribe
- "The Tribe" is a 1998 television film written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff, and starring Joely Richardson, Jeremy Northam, and Anna Friel.
- "The Tribe" a.k.a. "After Dusk They Come" is a 2009 horror/thriller movie directed by Jorg Ihle.
- read more about After Dusk They Come
- "The Tribe" is an award winning short documentary film directed by Tiffany Shlain and narrated by Peter Coyote. Weaving together archival footage, graphics and animation, it tells the history of both the Barbie doll and the Jewish people from Biblical times to the present.
- "The Tribe" is a 2011 short film written and directed by Michael Asplund.
- country: United States of America
- based on a story by Michael Asplund
- cinematography by Joe Sill
- edited by Emily Denker
- music by Nathan Wilmarth
- costume design by Yesenia Correa
- genres: Adventure Film, Fantasy, Drama
- released in (5 years ago)
"The tribe" is a book by Jean-Michel Mension.
- also known as "The tribe: conversations with Gérard Berréby and Francesco Milo"
- "The Tribe" is the debut album of Caspar Brötzmann Massaker, released in 1987 through Zensor.
- "The Tribe" is a musical EP of Marco Carola.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "The Tribe" is a musical album of Hannibal Lokumbe.
- released in
- "The Tribe" is a composition.
- "The Tribe" is a composition.
The Tribe a.k.a. The World Wide Message Tribe: The Tribe, formerly the World Wide Message Tribe, were a British Christian dance band. Their aim was "to communicate the gospel to young people in Greater Manchester". They were part of the Christian charity, The Message Trust in Manchester.
- read more about The World Wide Message Tribe
The Tribe a.k.a. College of William & Mary: The College of William & Mary in Virginia is a public research university located in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. Privately founded in 1693 by letters patent issued by King William III and Queen Mary II, it is the second-oldest institution of higher education in the United States after Harvard University. William & Mary is considered one of the original "Public Ivies," a publicly funded university providing a quality of education comparable to that available in the Ivy League.
- also known as William & Mary; The College of William and Mary; College of William and Mary, Williamsburg; College of William and Mary, main campus; W&M; College of William and Mary
- part of Williamsburg, United States of America, Virginia
- official website: www.wm.edu
- The Tribe a.k.a. The Cleveland Indians are a professional baseball team based in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
- read more about Cleveland Indians
- The Tribe was the best known name of a loose-knit countercultural group in Japan in the 1960s and 70s.
- The Tribe is a set of fictional characters appearing in the Monica's Gang comic strips. All characters belong to an indigenous people from the Amazon. Their tribe was once named "Tribo do Rio". Although the only characters are Tom-Tom, Tamoyo, Papaya and the Pajé, their stories feature a large range of themes, going from environmental concerns to the shock between indigenous and non-indigenous cultures. People from outside the jungle are called "Caras-pálidas" or simply "Caraíbas". When one of the Caraíbas approaches Tom-Tom's tribe, the encounter can be either friendly or unfriendly, the latter always happening when the Caraíba attempts to hunt, deforest, burn, or in any other way harm the environment. Tupã, the God of the Guarani people, and Jaci, the Moon, are occasionally mentioned.
- The Tribe a.k.a. The Tribe of Rushing Water is an organization in fiction.
- read more about The Tribe of Rushing Water
- The Tribe: At the beginning of series 1 of The Tribe, we were introduced to the strong-willed, responsible leader Amber and her younger friend, aspiring doctor/mechanic Dal. They find a little girl called Cloe wandering the dangerous streets, then meet cute kids, twins Patsy and Paul who are being looked after by Salene. A peace-loving loner, Bray, is taking care of the heavily pregnant Trudy and looking for a place for her to give birth. Arrogant street fighter Lex, his sweet if slow friend Ryan, Lex’s material girl Zandra and confrontational Glen are trying to join the top tribe in the City, the Locusts. In one way or another, all ended up in the Phoenix Mall and met Jack, the boy scientist who lived there alone. Soon, Asian spiritualist Tai-San and slippery young thief KC also joined the tribe.
- The Tribe: Series 2 of The Tribe showed a much more overarching plot. The focus was less on the inner struggles of the tribe, and more on their struggles as part of the many tribes that make up the city. The series began with the Mall Rats dealing with the loss of Amber and Zandra who were killed in an explosion on Eagle Mt. Bray was distraught, but soldiered on. Lex took the opposite route, spiralling into alcoholism, and even attempting to rape Salene. This resulted in his being kicked out of the tribe until Ryan went to look for him.
- The Tribe: Series three of The Tribe starts with some of the Mall Rats being held prisoner in the mall as the Chosen make it their head-quarters. However, the Mall Rats who were not captured leave the city. They come across a group called the Gaians, or Eco Tribe, whose leader is Amber, previously believed to have been killed at Eagle Mountain with Zandra. It is revealed that Ebony met the injured Amber after the explosion and convinced her she had no future with Bray, as they had already had a child before the virus. Amber had agreed to let Ebony make the Mallrats think she had died. A resistance movement is set up by some members of the Mallrats and both the Supreme Mother and the Divine Child escape the city. Eventually the rebels overcome the Chosen and win back the city with the help of non-city tribes. A city wide election is held, and Ebony craftily manages to elected herself as the City Leader. She expels several Mall Rats from the city, including Bray and Amber, and makes herself a virtual dictator.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Tribe
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Keable
"The tribe is a branch of the Bonde, iron ...
A Grammar of Lavukaleve (2003)
by Angela Terrill
Thus the tribe is a descent-based group, not a classificatory group. Each tribe has a chief, based on a system of heredity. There are currently four tribes in the Lavukal group, referred to in Lavukaleve as kua (Pijin traeb). All four tribes are ...
Social Disorganization and Reconstruction by G.R. Madan
The tribe is a distinct type of social organisation, and it has played a significant role in human history. It is often accepted as the origin of the nation. Hunter's definition of a tribe is acceptable in many ways. According to him, a tribe descends ...
Sociology For Nurses (2010)
by Clement I.
Thus, the tribe is a local group whereas the caste is a social one. • The origin of caste in ancient Hindu society ...
The Prehistory of Denmark (2003)
by Jorgen Jensen
Service's model is called the tribe. This refers to a society whose political and economic organization is based on local production organized along ...
Ghana in Transition (2015)
by David Ernest Apter
Essentially, the tribe is an ethnic group in the Gold Coast, not necessarily acting as a single social or political unit, although having similarity of custom. Some tribes are composed of a number of states, each independent of the other. For some ...
The Celtic Encyclopedia (1998)
by Harry Mountain
The tribe dispersed and some settled in Leinster and Dungarvan in Munster. Others, under the chieftain Eochaidh Allmuir, sailed to Wales where they settled in Dyfed. The area, still wild and desolate, is known as na Deise. An AD 6th century ...
by Col Ved Prakash
The name Apatani got universally accepted after Haimendorf made the tribe so well- known Tribes in Western Arunachal 1057.
by Julien Chilcott-Monk
The land allocated to the tribe of Naphtali was parallel with that of Asher, between Asher and the west of the Sea of Galilee, bordered by the Jordan north of Galilee (Joshua l9.30-39). Diagrams Children of Israel (3) Tribal Lands of Israel (8) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Tribe
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about The Tribe
Click on an item to view that photo:
- The tribe
Photo credit: julia.chapple
- The tribe
Photo credit: nicocrisafulli
- Join the tribe
Photo credit: sebilden
- Members of the tribe
Photo credit: Ben Sutherland
- Men of the Tribe
From the 17th Annual Maryland State Police Polar Bear Plunge at Sandy Point State Park on the Chesapeake Bay. The plunge raised funds for Special Olympics Maryland.
Photo credit: Ranpuba
- Long-horned bee--in the tribe Eucerini.
Photo credit: JKD Atlanta
- Long-horned bee--in the tribe Eucerini.
Photo credit: JKD Atlanta
- New Calendar from the Tribe
Photo credit: adrielhampton
Quotes about The Tribe
What I did was sit down with the Washington State officials, with the historic preservation people, with the tribe, the local community, the port of Port Angeles, and we worked this thing out, and we protected the tribe's interest. (Norm Dicks)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of The Tribe to see it in context!