Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell
On this page:
Who is Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell?
Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell was an American zoologist, born at Norwood, England, and brother of Sydney Cockerell. He was educated at the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, and then studied botany in the field in Colorado in 1887–90. Subsequently he became a taxonomist and published numerous papers on the Hymenoptera, Hemiptera, and Mollusca, as well as publications on paleontology and evolution.
- also known as Theodore D. A. Cockerell
- born in (150 years ago), child of Sydney John Cockerell and Alice Elizabeth Bennett
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Science writer, curator, zoologist, taxonomist
- died in (68 years ago)
- written works: "Notes on slugs, chiefly in the collection at the British museum", "Zoölogy", "The American Cockerell"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell. In: American entomologists. Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, NJ, pp 357-362. Cockroaches. (Blattodea). JOHN L. CAPINERA University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA The ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Theodore Dru Alison Cockerell
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: